List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

So we had 38 + 6 + 1

We'll take 36-38 + 6-4 + 1 into next year max. Sounds like we only need to go 36 + 1 minimum, with Frederick already signed.

Gone:
Watts - M
Westhoff - M
Ebert - M
Patmore - M
Buzza - M
Atley - M
Grundy - R
Sutcliffe - R
Cox - R

So that's 32 + 3 + 1 left

Bringing in Aliir and Orazio =

34 + 3 + 1

That leaves 5 spots available. Only 1 rookie spot unless we upgrade Woodcock or Pasini.

So Schofield and Jones leave us with 3 spots to fill.

Unless I'm missing something though, that means we can't even take pick 73 or 95 to the draft???

Port Adelaide35, 47, 57, 59, 73, 95

Same thing seemed to happen last year though, when we seemed short a pick but maybe you can take picks that equate to positions on your rookie list, even if you couldn't actually use them???

Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs in this thread:
I heard that pole vaulter Declan Carruthers may be looking at career change, played AFL in Adelaide as a kid (apparently was quite good) but focused on athletics when around 12.
He is based in Perth due to that being the home of Australian pole vaulting, Freo are keeping close tabs on him.
Would qualify as a Cat B rookie?
Doesn’t have an engine due to the explosive nature of his training, not sure how easy it would be to get him up to AFL level of fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Recruiting Oscar McDonald is a genuine 'dump a load of manure out the front of Alberton' move.
Actually Port have done well with the "dump a load of manure" type players over the years...
Josh Mahoney
Jay Schulz
Trent McKenzie

A few that come to mind ... That being said, don't want him! ;)

Actually Port have done well with the "dump a load of manure" type players over the years...
Josh Mahoney
Jay Schulz
Trent McKenzie

A few that come to mind ... That being said, don't want him! ;)
You haven't seen enough of Oscar McDonald.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread:
I heard that pole vaulter Declan Carruthers may be looking at career change, played AFL in Adelaide as a kid (apparently was quite good) but focused on athletics when around 12.
He is based in Perth due to that being the home of Australian pole vaulting, Freo are keeping close tabs on him.
Would qualify as a Cat B rookie?
Doesn’t have an engine due to the explosive nature of his training, not sure how easy it would be to get him up to AFL level of fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Obviously a great athlete. At 184cm though he'd need a lot of football skill and a lot going for him courage wise for him to come close to making it.

I read that Narkle is about to sign a one year extension at Geelong. It's strange that list sizes have reduced and there is little quality in the dfa's. Maybe it means we have a good list.

With Port Adelaide expected to announce two-year extensions for talented duo Miles Bergman and Mitch Georgiades imminently, 12 first-rounders from last season's draft have now secured their futures at the clubs that recruited them.

Under the new agreement for 2021:
  • The total TPP for each club will be $12.1m and the Additional Services Agreement Limit will be $1.09m for the 2021 season.
  • Each club must have a minimum of 37 players with a maximum of 44 players. The primary list must have no less than 36 players and no more than 38 players. The maximum number of Category A rookies will be 4-6 (depending on the number of Primary List Players and with the maximum across those two lists not exceeding 42) and the maximum number of category B rookies shall be 2.
  • A new minimum base salary category to be added for any player who has previously been Primary Listed and is subsequently Rookie Listed.
  • Payments to the AFLPA/Players that include AFLPA Operating grant and player retirement fund have decreased by more than 10 per cent.
  • Funding for programs and services supporting players, including wellbeing, player development and the injury and hardship fund, remain unchanged

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Mayes and Burgoyne are our only current players without a contract for next year now. Would assume both would get another year.

I think both of them are "pay them what is left" sort of situations, so they'll just be waiting for the list to be finalised.

After Jones and Taj, I think we still have 3 list spots to fill with nothing picks. I reckon Mayes and Burgoyne get another year. If it doesn't work out then they get delisted next year in a stronger draft.

After Jones and Taj, I think we still have 3 list spots to fill with nothing picks. I reckon Mayes and Burgoyne get another year. If it doesn't work out then they get delisted next year in a stronger draft.
Is that 3 picks with burger and Mayes or 1 if we keep them?
Who thinks we take Edwards late in the draft?

3 if we keep mayes and burgoyne. Assuming we have a full list of 42 plus cat b Frederick. Cant see a need to move them on. (And additional to Jones and Taj)
Nice I always love to get fresh talent into the club and think we could get a couple of bargains late in this draft👌

As harsh as it would be on Mayes I would rather go in one short, bring forward some salary cap payments from next year so we have more options and give more opportunities to the likes of Bergmann.

We have great depth now and I want to see these young guns getting opportunities.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep Mayes and Burgoyne, draft Jones and Taj, draft a KPF, fwd/ruck and inside mid with the last 3 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back