Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Rowell and Anderson though would they really need Phillips? I would have thought DGB would suit their needs much more than Phillips would.

I agree that DGB would suit their needs a bit more, but if they believe Phillips would stop se go home factor amongst Rowell and Anderson whilst solidifying the midfield Incan see why.

If it means McDonald dropping to our pick I won't complain either though.

I agree that DGB would suit their needs a bit more, but if they believe Phillips would stop se go home factor amongst Rowell and Anderson whilst solidifying the midfield Incan see why.

If it means McDonald dropping to our pick I won't complain either though.
Was literally about to post this. GC would be more worried about losing their players than too much young structure atm

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Reckon GC really hope Phillips slides to them to end up with the three Oakleigh boys. Ready made team.
Would you trade our 3 to GC for Their first this year and a future 1st?

What about their first and a future second?

I dunno personally. I'd very much consider a pick swap + an extra but I'm also just so excited for whoever we can get at 3 it's hard to imagine.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Would you trade our 3 to GC for Their first this year and a future 1st?

What about their first and a future second?

I dunno personally. I'd very much consider a pick swap + an extra but I'm also just so excited for whoever we can get at 3 it's hard to imagine.

I don't think we will consider it because if Hawthorn bid on Campbell with pick 4 we would be screwed.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
I don't think we will consider it because if Hawthorn bid on Campbell with pick 4 we would be screwed.
perhaps. Beatson did say some clubs give a courtesy call that they are going to bid, so maybe go the other way and ask Hawthorn of their intentions. Couldn't hurt, and tbh, If GC did offer and Hawthorn were obliging, I would take a swap.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
perhaps. Beatson did say some clubs give a courtesy call that they are going to bid, so maybe go the other way and ask Hawthorn of their intentions. Couldn't hurt, and tbh, If GC did offer and Hawthorn were obliging, I would take a swap.

"Hawthorn, what are your intentions towards our son" we ask while stroking a gun.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

That's a long highlights reel for a kid. The way his teammates spread ahead of him when he gets the ball and his almost casual arrogance reminds me of Dusty. I know these are only highlights of playing alongside other kids but Phillips is one very impressive player. I'd be happy if we snagged him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I just want the bloke we get to be the player his draft position indicates & stick around for a decade. No point getting a top 3 pick only for them to piss off home after two years.

These Vic kids love their mum's apron strings so don’t hold your breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
That's a long highlights reel for a kid. The way his teammates spread ahead of him when he gets the ball and his almost casual arrogance reminds me of Dusty. I know these are only highlights of playing alongside other kids but Phillips is one very impressive player. I'd be happy if we snagged him.

Agreed. I would not be upset if we got DGB as he looks like a real talent as well but I think Phillips is exactly what we need. He is so good at stoppages and getting the ball out cleanly.

Vin Rogue

All Australian
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Hawthorn will not be pick 4, it should be 5 and our pick 3 will likely be four. How? We can reduce the pain of matching Hawthorn's bid for Campbell by naming JUH at pick 3 if he has not already been named by either Adelaide or North. The Dogs will match and we save ourselves valuable points to assist matching Hawthorn's bid.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Hawthorn will not be pick 4, it should be 5 and our pick 3 will likely be four. How? We can reduce the pain of matching Hawthorn's bid for Campbell by naming JUH at pick 3 if he has not already been named by either Adelaide or North. The Dogs will match and we save ourselves valuable points to assist matching Hawthorn's bid.

Not only that, it will likely shift our pick 34 up by 1, 43 by 2 increasing our points.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
That was certainly Beatson's hint when he said we WOULD bid on JUH.
Makes sense too. Either reduce or eliminate the deficit. Nice play. Nothing to do with Doggies. If they pass we get an absolute gun. Very nice play.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Had a bit of time on hands (thank you SA lockdown) and reviewed some of last year's underager game and WAFL.

Honestly, really think that If McDonald isn't there go Phillips. Has inside grunt and good dash which is what we need. Add Campbell and Hollands and should be good shape.

Would love to get a ruck such as Heath, Neale, Walsh or Smith if they make it to rookie. Long term projects for post Hickey/Sinclair

CowFos

Debutant
Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Had a bit of time on hands (thank you SA lockdown) and reviewed some of last year's underager game and WAFL.

Honestly, really think that If McDonald isn't there go Phillips. Has inside grunt and good dash which is what we need. Add Campbell and Hollands and should be good shape.

Would love to get a ruck such as Heath, Neale, Walsh or Smith if they make it to rookie. Long term projects for post Hickey/Sinclair

You mean add Campbell and Gulden, right?

I was very set on us getting Phillips early, after listening to him on road to the draft and being impressed by how mature he is. For a while it seemed not that likely that we would take him and I kinda came around to the prospect of us taking someone like DGB instead. But that Draft Central rumour round up that was linked the other day inferred we had our eyes on Phillips and I’m getting excited all over again. The idea of him and Paddlebum in the mids next year *chef’s kiss*

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC

I was very set on us getting Phillips early, after listening to him on road to the draft and being impressed by how mature he is. For a while it seemed not that likely that we would take him and I kinda came around to the prospect of us taking someone like DGB instead. But that Draft Central rumour round up that was linked the other day inferred we had our eyes on Phillips and I’m getting excited all over again. The idea of him and Paddlebum in the mids next year *chef’s kiss*

Yep, meant Gulden...

And yes, would like any of the touted top 5 but really think Phillips is a "cake" player.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Pretty open up the top at this late stage. Can go round in circles with this stuff.

But I wonder if North want a mid (they need some leadership in the middle). Maybe they thought their target would be there at 5 so were considering a trade down for an extra first (giving a club a look at one of the kpfs). Sydney all of a sudden linked to a mid because they really want North at 2 so they get a look at one of the forwards.

Oh good another person who can join me in therapy when we don't take Phillips

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He's probably my least preferred of the top tier picks we are looking at but Thilthorpe is pretty exciting. I think a tall marking target forward Ruck in the Harry Mackay mold but with demonstrably better endurance and speed is a very valuable thing. He doesn't strike me as like, someone who could be the best player in the league, or even in the handful people talk about as the real pinnacle of the competition. But he could absolutely be a solid contributor and a very difficult match up that can form a really important cog in a great forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back