News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll eat my words, I didn't see Nike returning

At least it doesn't look heat pressed!

I wonder if we will ever find out the true story about the relationship breakdown with Carlton?

"The nib logo will again appear on the back of both the Richmond AFL and AFLW jumpers in 2021."

May appear Otterbox is gone off our shorts though

I also think Jeep is up for renewal and Puma next year

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"The nib logo will again appear on the back of both the Richmond AFL and AFLW jumpers in 2021."

May appear Otterbox is gone off our shorts though

I also think Jeep is up for renewal and Puma next year

Do they mean that NIB will only appear below the number or below the collar as well?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Feel like Nike would just be photoshopped out at the moment so they can do a big reveal later on, can’t see a big club like the Swans needing to sell the space.
You can kinda see a big charcoal box where Nike would be... The bottom of it lines up with the top of the QBE box. If you look inbetween the AFL and QBE logos, there's a distinct line!

You can kinda see a big charcoal box where Nike would be... The bottom of it lines up with the top of the QBE box. If you look inbetween the AFL and QBE logos, there's a distinct line!
Too big to be a Nike logo?

Xanthippus

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long time lurker of the board, first time poster.

I noticed a major detail that may strongly suggest Sydney and Nike partnership in the video they’ve posted today.

The screenshot I took isn’t great but watch the video back and zoom in on Callum Mills lifting weights in the gym and look below the Sydney logo.
For reference, it’s at the 40 second mark. View attachment 1014607
So it begins...

Great post and welcome to the boards!

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Step 1: google the name of a high ranking nike representative in australia

Step 2: turn off your number id on your phone

step 3: call the swans switchboard saying you are said person and you want to speak to person you spoke to last time. See if they do or say ‘what?’

step 4: post here

I actually was talking to Freo about moving back to WA for a designer gig they were advertising before my currently role popped up. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Awesome that you were able to lend them a hand. Were you remunerated? Looking forward to seeing the training jumper design.

Sounds like you did!

I wasn’t remunerated, but I did put my hand up to fix it, and didn’t ask to be paid, outside of possibly the training jumpers when done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks much better than ISC's horrible basketball cuffs that go way too far into the guernsey. Good riddance to that.
I never really noticed that - I know a lot on here did though

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I never really noticed that - I know a lot on here did though
For all the bashing ISC have copped I didn’t have many issues with them for the 3 seasons we spent with them. The only problem they had for us was in their first season when they got the sizes of the numbers wrong on the away guernsey, and the blue was a bit light on first run of PI’s they did.

Our 2019 and 2020 jumpers were pretty spot on, and their off-field merchandise was way better than anything Puma had put out for us in recent years.

For all the bashing ISC have copped I didn’t have many issues with them for the 3 seasons we spent with them. The only problem they had for us was in their first season when they got the sizes of the numbers wrong on the away guernsey, and the blue was a bit light on first run of PI’s they did.

Our 2019 and 2020 jumpers were pretty spot on, and their off-field merchandise was way better than anything Puma had put out for us in recent years.
ISC got smashed on here unfairly because they weren't a 'big name' supplier, despite all the big names recently putting out some absolute 5th rate stuff.

Likewise, I never cared about BLK (despite the colour issues) because the produced a really, really good standard jumper (which is the most important) unlike Adidas that had a Hawthorn design on a Adidas template - and their off field gear was quality.

Ok sure, ISC had that weird and bad 2015 (?) collar and the short shoulders seemed to be weird, but I would take ISC over Adidas when they are dicking about.

People on here think that Nike equals some weird prestige - and it's not true.

I run everday in old footy shorts and some random old singlet I have and I promise you I run better than the folks decked out in Nike running clothing.

Personally, even though Adidas have cleaned up their onfield gear, their off field leaves a lot to be desired.
Hawks fans want a brown polo with gold on it if they buy one, not navy blue and grey with a hint of brown - as seen here:
1605940136010.png

My point is:

We should all love the companies producing absolute bang on jumpers, true to their history and off field merch that is club colours than always crying out for the big 3 despite the fact they have ruined a lot of good jumpers.

*I also acknowledge that ISC have added in random colours to Freo and Port's polo in recent years.

ISC can't even produce white guernseys that aren't see through and washed out.
Collingwood's jumpers looked disgusting this year.
View attachment 1016061

The only thing that ISC had going for them was that their templates weren't intrusive.
Yeah, that was one weird flaw with their material (the thinness of it) that came in around 2015 iirc

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
My point is:

We should all love the companies producing absolute bang on jumpers, true to their history and off field merch that is club colours than always crying out for the big 3 despite the fact they have ruined a lot of good jumpers.

*I also acknowledge that ISC have added in random colours to Freo and Port's polo in recent years.
New Balance.

That is all.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My point is:

Criticism of Adidas for ruining jumpers is outdated. ISC has been the culprit of doing that for a few years, e.g.
- Fremantle having a stuart dew sized gap between the number and sponsor
1605942362393.png

- Collingwood having outer stripes inexplicably thinner than the middle stripe
1605942594116.png

- Probably worst collar design ever seen on a Crows guernsey
1605943555624.png

- West Coast tiny numbers in 2018
1605943759408.png

Theres other things I'm forgetting too.

Last edited:
Criticism of Adidas for ruining jumpers is outdated. ISC has been the culprit of doing that for a few years, e.g.
- Fremantle having a stuart dew sized gap between the number and sponsor
View attachment 1016081
- Collingwood having outer stripes inexplicably thinner than the middle stripe
View attachment 1016083
- Probably worst collar design ever seen on a Crows guernsey
View attachment 1016090
- West Coast tiny numbers in 2018
View attachment 1016091
Theres other things I'm forgetting too.
Oh no doubt ISC have had their failings, I'll be the first to agree - but their heritage jumpers were class

Adidas still do silly off field bits, but they have picked up - I just wish they did a solid line on the shorts than two lines, but I'm a sucker for the pre-2008 shorts

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast

I invite you to handle a 2017 player issue and then a 2018 player issue. The difference in quality is night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back