Opinion Our most exciting player

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok I'm looking forward to the draft sure.

Who do you think is our most talented young player on our list to reach greater heights?

Simpkin?
Thomas?
LDU?
Scott?
Larkey?
Zurhaar?
etc

Can only pick one.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simpkin is a gun but I'm not sure can improve much more.

Tarryn and sympkin seem to have the most time - to me that's exciting. You don't know what they're going to do. Sympkin has shown now he can play to a very high level consistently - hoping he continues with it.

I think Bailey Scott could be a different type. We've often had good runners that were poorly skilled. Bailey is a good runner and a good decision maker. Theres potential he could become a Whitfield type. There's great admiration for inside players at North because it fits with our culture and one of my favorite north players - Daniel Harris - typifies that. I think though Bailey could be an interesting player to follow in this current evolution.

Scottroo

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
My boy Curtis Taylor to become the best of the lot within the year

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My boy Curtis Taylor to become the best of the lot within the year

Yep I admit I forgot him as I'm a big fan.

Scottroo

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yep I admit I forgot him as I'm a big fan.

missing the last half of the year people tend to forget about him. Missed a chunk of the preseason and still managed to in my opinion turn a couple of games with the crazy things he did. He has all the tools to become a star of the game. Just needs to find abit more ball, but I reckon that’ll come as he bulks Up. His set shot routine is second to none aswell

Last edited:

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU
***power gap***
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas
Jaidyn Stephenson

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could genuinely be any of Jy, LDU or TT.

Add in Taylor, Larkey, Zurhaar, Bailey, Stephenson, McKay, Hayden, Mahoney and I'm really excited for the future. I don't think there's a better crop of young players at any other club in the league right now.

Gold Coast are probably the closest with King, Rankine, Lukosius, Rowell and Anderson.

Port and Freo have some future stars too but I don't think they have as many kids with the upside ours do.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Back