Dunkley and the other players

I didn’t think either interview was that bad. He seems to have put it behind and is back in step with us.
what I am intrigued about is how two networks just happened to turn up a the same country thirds cricket match to interview him.How amazing is it that they both thought of him on the same day?
And Daddy Dunkley just happened to be there too .... 🤔
How’re things Oldpuppy ?

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Note to Josh put in a really good season and after winning your second flag by the time you are 24 with dogs you will increase your value. You can then go after your money grab aims with more than one suitor. This gives you mores $ and the dogs get their 2 first rounders then you can piss off.

Actually, there's nothing in these interviews that I didn't expect. Yes, you can hear disappointment in his voice but that's understandable from someone who really wanted out. From our point of view, I believe him when he said he will fight hard for his position mainly because he has no choice. It will be very interesting to see how it goes next season and, if he still wants to leave, then we still hold the upper hand.
As an aside, we supporters tend to feel disappointed even angry when one of our own wants to leave but plenty of other players do this now in every trade period. Loyalty is still a factor in sport but it's becoming less so as time passes. It's a business like any other where elite sportsmen/women can sell their skills to the highest bidder or chase higher levels of success. Having said that, the pendulum is not always in favour of the players and clubs can move them on even when they have solid contracts, just ask Jaidyn Stephenson and Adam Treloar.

BomberARMY

All Australian
Mar 20, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh boo ******* hoo.. people calling his Dad names because he clearly loves his son and wants what is best for HIM obviously don't have kids.. I'd be doing the same thing for my sons and be unashamed, as I'm sure Andrew is.. hope even more that we get him next year, sounds like an absolute ripper..

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh boo ******* hoo.. people calling his Dad names because he clearly loves his son and wants what is best for HIM obviously don't have kids.. I'd be doing the same thing for my sons and be unashamed, as I'm sure Andrew is.. hope even more that we get him next year, sounds like an absolute ripper..

Trying to get your kid to Essendon should be classed as child abuse.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If that was Andrew posting those posts and pushing his son to another club for money? He doesn’t want best for his son, that’s his own ego there. Andrew had a most bitter falling out with Sydney, surely wisdom would say don’t repeat that through your sons. The best for his son would be to remain at the club he won a premiership with, hopefully win another with his best mates. He will earn more than enough money for probably a few lifetimes. And become a legend of our club. Journeymen footballers nearly always regret not being loyal.
And if you do land him next year we will be well compensated...or you won’t get him again.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You could have had him this year if you’d paid the right price. Nobody to blame but yourselves.

BomberARMY

All Australian
Mar 20, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
If that was Andrew posting those posts and pushing his son to another club for money? He doesn’t want best for his son, that’s his own ego there. Andrew had a most bitter falling out with Sydney, surely wisdom would say don’t repeat that through your sons. The best for his son would be to remain at the club he won a premiership with, hopefully win another with his best mates. He will earn more than enough money for probably a few lifetimes. And become a legend of our club. Journeymen footballers nearly always regret not being loyal.
And if you do land him next year we will be well compensated...or you won’t get him again.
Or as a Dad, you know that your son is pissed off because he knows he's much better played in the guts than the guys being played there, he is clearly a winner with a winner mentality and knows he can help the team win games when played in his position and for some reason the ******* coach has other ideas (which are obviously wrong) and continues to cost the team games because of his pigheadedness.. so Dad doesn't want said ******* coach ruining his Sons career, especially when better opportunities are presented, both position wise and financially.

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
Or as a Dad, you know that your son is pissed off because he knows he's much better played in the guts than the guys being played there, he is clearly a winner with a winner mentality and knows he can help the team win games when played in his position and for some reason the ******* coach has other ideas (which are obviously wrong) and continues to cost the team games because of his pigheadedness.. so Dad doesn't want said ******* coach ruining his Sons career, especially when better opportunities are presented, both position wise and financially.
lol

He isn't winning s**t at Essendon, maybe a wooden spoon

His father is a money-hungry flog. Just like anybody that goes to Essendon, no future there

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Actually, there's nothing in these interviews that I didn't expect. Yes, you can hear disappointment in his voice but that's understandable from someone who really wanted out. From our point of view, I believe him when he said he will fight hard for his position mainly because he has no choice. It will be very interesting to see how it goes next season and, if he still wants to leave, then we still hold the upper hand.
As an aside, we supporters tend to feel disappointed even angry when one of our own wants to leave but plenty of other players do this now in every trade period. Loyalty is still a factor in sport but it's becoming less so as time passes. It's a business like any other where elite sportsmen/women can sell their skills to the highest bidder or chase higher levels of success. Having said that, the pendulum is not always in favour of the players and clubs can move them on even when they have solid contracts, just ask Jaidyn Stephenson and Adam Treloar.
It may well be a business but I still reserve the right to say F..k off you bloody traitor to anyone who leaves voluntarily and welcome the players like AT who have seen the light!

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could not disagree more

if any father is still calling the shots for their son at 23 then they have failed as a father and made it all about themselves.

I have NFI if any of this actually happened in Dunkleys case but just make the point at 23 you can take advice from anyone including your parents but it’s way past the time they make your decisions for you

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone who thinks it’s good idea to go to a club that gifts it’s players a position knows nothing about football

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This just doesn’t make sense. You said he was much better than the guys who were playing in the guts??? Bont and McCrae got All Australian this year you do realise? Libba was the other in there and he plays an extractor role. Dunks was also injured too. Once he becomes his own man and gets away from his fathers greed and ego he’ll be fine.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Where was Andrew when Bevo had faith in him and played him in first season and got him a flag Bevo had other options. Yeah any other coach he gets a lot of midfield time in 2016 playing for Footscray in the VFL.

Where was Andrew when Bevo had faith in him and played him in first season and got him a flag Bevo had other options. Yeah any other coach he gets a lot of midfield time in 2016 playing for Footscray in the VFL.

But he would have won a flag playing VFL as well that year, that is what success in this century looks like Essington.

i don’t think what he said was too bad, if there was any issues Bevo would have wanted him out.

As far as his dad goes, he wouldn’t have made much money back in his playing days, so just wants to protect his sons short time in footy.

For us fans, and especially Bulldogs fans, seeing players wanting out always brings back memories of being pillaged by the old VFL teams. We very rarely have players wanting out these days and the AFL has changed to a more professional business these days, we have to accept that.

We just have to hope that Essington, never bite the bullet and use the draft to build a team like Hawthorn, Richmond, Bulldogs and earlier days Cats have done. Let them overpay for surplus players from other clubs forever I say.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
But he would have won a flag playing VFL as well that year, that is what success in this century looks like Essington.

i don’t think what he said was too bad, if there was any issues Bevo would have wanted him out.

As far as his dad goes, he wouldn’t have made much money back in his playing days, so just wants to protect his sons short time in footy.

For us fans, and especially Bulldogs fans, seeing players wanting out always brings back memories of being pillaged by the old VFL teams. We very rarely have players wanting out these days and the AFL has changed to a more professional business these days, we have to accept that.

We just have to hope that Essington, never bite the bullet and use the draft to build a team like Hawthorn, Richmond, Bulldogs and earlier days Cats have done. Let them overpay for surplus players from other clubs forever I say.
I don't think Essendon have the talent identifiers and scouts that could put together a successful team through the draft which is why they rely on poaching from other teams

I didn't think it was too bad based on the Channel 7 coverage but this snippet is really disappointing. The part about us making it difficult for Essendon lacks complete awareness

I actually thought the point that Essendon didn't value him enough to give us what we wanted was more of a standout..,

I love how our comments affect them so negatively that they just can't help themselves....not to mention their board must be so boring as to have to continue to come over here and voyeur on an issue that for them is done & dusted.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry, been watching a movie.

Similar to the Ch 9 coverage above.

So Dunkley now says without any trace of irony that a player can't "just roll into a club and expect to play midfield time", when the attraction of Essendud was supposedly that he was promised he could roll straight in and be given maximum midfield time.

WTF?

So Dunkley now says without any trace of irony that a player can't "just roll into a club and expect to play midfield time", when the attraction of Essendud was supposedly that he was promised he could roll straight in and be given maximum midfield time.

WTF?

Well Josh is exactly right in what he says.....the Dopestars are not a club...

Generation West

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is all yours but it will probably cost you the number one draft pick the way your mob are shaping up. It’s all pretty rosy for us (best player in the draft this year and he happens to be a Bumbers supporter) and your pick 1 next year for Dunks sounds about right. He is contracted for 2 years after all. Candy from a baby as they say. Now FRO.

Back