US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scares the crikey outta me. Just another personality cult with her it seems.

Not too bright, prone to error and hyperbole. She sounds like the left's version of a Trump.
Nail. Head.

The hype around AOC from the 'left' is pure Twitter nonsense.

How someone so divisive and incoherent about actual policy, would make a good President or even leader is beyond me.

As long as money is controlling Politics in the US she will get nowhere anyway. Nobody will fund her campaigns if her policies don't benefit anyone. She's a token to the DNC to keep the left on their side.

Said reported Defense Dept misspending could have paid for most of the Medicare program and called being fact checked "semantics" while claiming the "moral right"; that's a scary mind. Claimed immigration detention centres on the border were "concentration camps". Gets economy theory wrong. Said foreign policy should be based on "decolonization". Has made false claims on subjects from Bernie to Amazon. Geez, I'm not going into it all, but she's got a long list of bullshit, errors and hyperbole.

Mate, that's how I see her. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she's a narcissist. She's drips charisma and knows how to play to her base. Hypes up her bartender from the Bronx background, the way Donald hypes up his business background. Says the stuff that her base loves to hear, even if it's not always right. It's the same tune with different lyrics played to a different audience.

But she's the darling of many Trump haters, so it's probably hard for many to hear.
I see her that way too.

Celebrating the collapse of oil industry and loss of jobs, then deleting her tweets. The "you just pay for it" quotes. The accent she puts on and the "crying" at migrant camps.

She's clueless at the best of times. She's young and charismatic and knows how to fire people up, that's about it. Her mentor Bernie is the opposite - doesn't intend to divide or pander to a base, sticks to the same message and keeps his head down.

Last edited:

AOC, such a gift to the right. Dividing her own party, even dividing lefties ITT. And there's no risk of her becoming POTUS because the Dems would simply give her the Bernie treatment during the primaries, which we have seen occur twice already. Win win for the Republicans m8.
Probably, but she clearly doesn't need to be in order to GSD.

Bernie was always an outsider to the Democratic establishment. Through grassroots engagement, AOC is building an expanding coalition of progressive democrats within the party which has already transformed some core aspects of party policy towards progressive values (Biden's 2020 platform would be the most progressive platform ever taken to an election by a main party). She also single-handedly turned the tide of the Meme Wars, sent the alt-right packing, and is now slow-roasting the GOP on the big stage.

All in less than two years.

You can't categorically rule her out though, can you.

I mean, they elected donald fu**en trump as president * shrugs *
She has time on her side, only 30. So I'm no way ruling her out. I just think the hype around her as a future generational leader of the US isn't warranted.

She's got 50 years to get to Bernies level, go go go.

Why is this an AOC thread all of a sudden?
It's a good discussion. Surely it's not that hard to flick the brain on and take a break from reading Twitter posts and keeping tabs on the biggest waste of a court case in history.

This thread has been used for all sorts of discussions about the US.

It's a good discussion. Surely it's not that hard to flick the brain on and take a break from reading Twitter posts and keeping tabs on the biggest waste of a court case in history.

This thread has been used for all sorts of discussions about the US.

It's a good discussion? Okay.

If you don't want to discuss the thread title I'm sure there are other places to discuss it.

This thread HAS been used to discuss other topics but only if they relate in an ongoing matter to Trump and Biden.

It's a good discussion? Okay.

If you don't want to discuss the thread title I'm sure there are other places to discuss it.

This thread HAS been used to discuss other topics but only if they relate in an ongoing matter to Trump and Biden.
You a mod?

AOC is potentially becoming increasingly relevant to the Dems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A deal whereby Trump is immune from prosecution for all the devious sh*t he's no doubt been up to since elected pres, that's my take & sounds exactly like the type of move he'd try & pull.

I think that’s what’s going on too, like “I’ll leave if I get a pardon for everything ever”.

I really hope no one falls for that crap, but if they did a caveat should be put in he can’t run for president again.

All class

Not like this half-man beta glass-jawed *en INFANT trump currently in the middle of the biggest tantrum known to man since adolf got cucked by a jew once.

Said reported Defense Dept misspending could have paid for most of the Medicare program and called being fact checked "semantics" while claiming the "moral right"; that's a scary mind. Claimed immigration detention centres on the border were "concentration camps". Gets economy theory wrong. Said foreign policy should be based on "decolonization". Has made false claims on subjects from Bernie to Amazon. Geez, I'm not going into it all, but she's got a long list of bullshit, errors and hyperbole.

Mate, that's how I see her. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she's a narcissist. She's drips charisma and knows how to play to her base. Hypes up her bartender from the Bronx background, the way Donald hypes up his business background. Says the stuff that her base loves to hear, even if it's not always right. It's the same tune with different lyrics played to a different audience.

But she's the darling of many Trump haters, so it's probably hard for many to hear.

Can you imagine her refusing to accept an election result against her? Didn’t think so

I’ve not followed her much, but she seems to be a lightning rod for a lot of conservative anger and indeed paranoia. Not to to overdramatise, but the place is a goddam tinder box right now. I think the Dems would be better off with her keeping a bit lower profile at least in the short term.

Yes but also no, * the republicans and how they have been behaving for a generation or more.

Why should the Dems have to walk on political eggshells because the GOP/right have truly gone off the deep end?

All I see is Bernie/AOC calling out Republican bullshit for what it is - hardly a call to arms.

Exactly, enough of this trying to be civil to republicans, they are almost to a man (occasionally woman) standing lockstep with Trump in this coup attempt.

Dems should go as hard as possible at them.

I think that’s what’s going on too, like “I’ll leave if I get a pardon for everything ever”.

I really hope no one falls for that crap, but if they did a caveat should be put in he can’t run for president again.

He should be tried in court and sentenced before any deal is made. Or he does a full admission of guilt, lists all the crimes on air.

"Here we have, these sworn affidavits for the court"
"Theres just a bunch of swear words and name calling"
"Exacly"

The longer this drags on the more I agree with a previous tweet I read which was saying Biden should start his inaugaration speech with

"Well that was weird"

“Make America Sane Again”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back