2020 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Utterly insane Moto3 qualifying. Darryn Binder and Kaito Toba didn't even lay down a laptime. Ugh. You could see that who group weren't going to get around in time for a final lap. Incredibly stupid. And so many riders with long lap penalties tomorrow. The lessons just aren't being learned.

Well done to Fernandez - Remy's new teammate next year - on yet another pole position and for Ogura and Arenas having a direct head-to-head tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great job Miguel, a home pole position. Enormously impressive.

Jack with a really good front row start.

Cal signing off with a 4th place start, Dovi 12th.

Remy starting from pole 👍

Seems like an utterly frightening track to ride a MotoGP bike. Very compelling viewing.

The most frightening thing I always think about from Portimao is Tom Sykes horror superbike crash there a couple of years ago. That joint can really bite and I expect we'll see it to do so tonight.

Could be the Franky and Miller show again tonight though Miguel has been quick every session too.
Would be great for Pramac to earn their first ever win.
Yeah both Petronas bikes have good race pace, as well as the KTMs although the 2 with the better race pace are Pol and Binder that are a fair way back, the wildcard with really good race pace is Bradl who looked really strong in FP4 and on the 2nd row.

I hope Jack has something up his sleeve because low 1:41s won’t be enough I fear, managed to improve his race pace last week between FP4 and the race I hope he can find something again and secure the win he and the team deserves. Rear tyre will be a concern late if he doesn’t manage it.

Yeah both Petronas bikes have good race pace, as well as the KTMs although the 2 with the better race pace are Pol and Binder that are a fair way back, the wildcard with really good race pace is Bradl who looked really strong in FP4 and on the 2nd row.

I hope Jack has something up his sleeve because low 1:41s won’t be enough I fear, managed to improve his race pace last week between FP4 and the race I hope he can find something again and secure the win he and the team deserves. Rear tyre will be a concern late if he doesn’t manage it.

Bradl deserves major kudos to qualify second row. Would be great if he could fight for that spot in the race.

One thing I've noticed with Miller this year, every session that isn't qualifying is working on tyres and setup and his laptimes almost don't seem to matter. If he says he's happy, he seems to just be able to compete. And he's been happy this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back