Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apparently there is a 2016 version of the same movie, but that isnt "as good" ( 🙄 ) as the 2008 version that we have watched.
Just read it's the same movie without any of the gore, blood and violence lol.

That's like Green St houligans without the fights.

Just read it's the same movie without any of the gore, blood and violence lol.

That's like Green St houligans without the fights.

Yea, the whole idea of the first one is to shock you senseless, not sure one without it could reach the desired level of repulsivness.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A review of it I watched after watching it 😂...wish I had seen this before ploughing into it myself.
( safe to watch this as the gore and a lot of the violence is pixellated out to make it safe for YouTube but you still get the idea well and truly)

Yep, got that out of my system watching that. Can't believe how much I forgot of that movie or that I didn't turn it off right ******* away.

Pretty much sums it up, kid reviewing it looks genuinely shook lol

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hi all, would you be so kind as to provide some movie recommendations, I have a pirated movie app but it has a trash search feature so I can't find anything good. Any genre besides horror. Much appreciated!
probably my favourite movie right now is Memento - insanely clever. I’d be interested to see if it is available on pirate sites because it’s not available in any streaming service or any Australian DVD seller. I had to order it in from Amazon. It’s a Christopher Nolan film, his best IMO. Genre is a kind of neo noir vibe. I guess you would call it a thriller or a psycho drama or something. Warning though it needs to be watched sober. Too confusing to piece it together after a few beers.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
probably my favourite movie right now is Memento - insanely clever. I’d be interested to see if it is available on pirate sites because it’s not available in any streaming service or any Australian DVD seller. I had to order it in from Amazon. It’s a Christopher Nolan film, his best IMO. Genre is a kind of neo noir vibe. I guess you would call it a thriller or a psycho drama or something. Warning though it needs to be watched sober. Too confusing to piece it together after a few beers.
That the one where he tattoos clues of his life on his body or some s**t

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Girl on the train is a real good thriller
I didn’t mind that one, even though there is a bit of a glut of “unreliable narrator” plots in the past few years ever since that woman made a fortune after writing Gone Girl - which is also a decent film though less impressive then the novel.

I‘m on leave for three weeks and I’m spending it watching films - rewatching old classics that I’ve enjoyed previously or getting around to more recent movies that I never saw.

I could use recommendations too. I’m not that big on horror, and I’m pretty squeamish even with gory bits in modern thrillers but since I really like good thrillers I cope and just make my eyes go a bit blurry when needed.

The godfather movies are great. Anything with Al Pacino generally is and holds up well. Scarface still one of my favs of all time that I have watched countless times

Recently read a book on "The Ice Man" , was fantastic, and have now been watching a lot of his interviews before he died on YouTube.

The movie about him is next on my things to watch list.

Such a fascinating contract killer, definitely not your standard. One of the meanest mother *ers that ever lived. But I fould myself having some empathy for him in a strange way given his upbringing and the fact he generally killed people that were scum.

Really interesting the way he killed some of his targets.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The jungle is a ******* fantastic movie. So is Machine Gun Preacher

Some decent thrillers
Prisoners
Fractured
Nightcrawler
Ex Machina
Den of thieves
I think I’ve only seen Nightcrawler from that lot and it was very good - excellent. I have the makings of a list now.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Best thriller of all time is shutter Island. Wish I could forget the ending and watch it again
Probably the best aspect of Guy Pierce’s Memento amnesia - if that happened to me I’d just find a good movie and keep watching it.

that’s the drawback with thrillers with a twist in the tail. Plenty of movies you can watch again and again, but thrillers can’t be quite the same once you know the ending

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The godfather movies are great. Anything with Al Pacino generally is and holds up well. Scarface still one of my favs of all time that I have watched countless times
I’d probably watch Pacino eat his breakfast cereal. He’s that good. I even like Meet the Parents which isn’t my usual go to movie type but I laughed. Also Owen Wilson was very funny in that

The jungle is a ******* fantastic movie. So is Machine Gun Preacher

Some decent thrillers
Prisoners
Fractured
Nightcrawler
Ex Machina
Den of thieves
Prisoners & Ex Machina are fantastic movies

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Scott Pilgrim vs the world

I re watched this for about the fifth time last night. ******* great movie. The comic and arcade style storytelling is fantastic

Movies to watch. I tried not to name any massive movies

Snatch
Sin City
Blow
Any given Sunday
American History X
Starsky & Hutch
Once upon a time in Mexico
Dogma
Enemy at the Gates
Constantine
Harold & Kumar go to White castle
Natural born Killers
Big Lebowsk
The Town
Requiem for a dream
300 miles to Graceland
25th hour
Lord of war
Layer Cake
Street Kings
Repo Men
3:10 Yuma
Syriana
Pride and Glory

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Movies to watch. I tried not to name any massive movies

Snatch
Sin City
Blow
Any given Sunday
American History X
Starsky & Hutch
Once upon a time in Mexico
Dogma
Enemy at the Gates
Constantine
Harold & Kumar go to White castle
Natural born Killers
Big Lebowsk
The Town
Requiem for a dream
300 miles to Graceland
25th hour
Lord of war
Layer Cake
Street Kings
Repo Men
3:10 Yuma
Syriana
Pride and Glory

* yeah we got a pretty similar taste in movies, 3:10 to Yuma is excellent.

Basically any Denzel or Jake Gyllenhaal movie is great

Man on fire, Training Day, Equalizer, taking of Pelham 123 etc

End of watch and source code are another couple good ones.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The most overlooked Nolan film & I agree with you its the best one.

fu** yeah we got a pretty similar taste in movies, 3:10 to Yuma is excellent.

Basically any Denzel or Jake Gyllenhaal movie is great

Man on fire, Training Day, Equalizer, taking of Pelham 123 etc

End of watch and source code are another couple good ones.
Training day and End of Watch are awesome too, I tried not to name any massive movies though

If I did you could add Pulp Fiction, Matrix, Inception, Fight club ext

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Training day and End of Watch are awesome too, I tried not to name any massive movies though

If I did you could add Pulp Fiction, Matrix, Inception, Fight club ext

Was end of watch a big movie? Stumbled on it by accident it's a rippa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back