Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are health risks associated with wearing masks too so I prefer it be a recommendation rather than mandatory.

Have you got data on how masks have negatively effected health of surgeons and nurses for the decades they have been wearing them?

So I gather “Covid-normal” has been quietly ditched given the caps on Christmas Day guests despite the fact that we will likely hit 28 days of no cases next week.

Did Andrews believe we would never hit 28 days of no cases and has now had to back away from releasing the breaks for fear of a career ending third wave?

Covid normal:

WAS - 28 days no new cases AND no actives AND no interstate hot spots

NOW - it's step 4 with increases in numbers allowed for each activity based upon health advice

That's a great idea. Have cops out and about with measuring tape and give $10,000 fines to anyone who breaches the rule. You could have different levels of fines depending on how close people get. I'm surprised they haven't thought of this already.

Cops have been warning people from day one on masks, and many offered them a free one if they said they didn't have one

The only idiots being fined are the sovereign citizen morons

Sure, it might be a marginal improvement for kids on disabilities. However, the core syllabus that kids deal with these days has gone far too much in the “how to use an iPad” direction. So, more of this funding should go to lifting each kid’s educational standards, rather than all of the 1.6 billion going straight to disability.
This is a huge problem across the board. Schools jumped at ICT and embedded it in everything regardless of whether it enhanced teaching or not. 90% of IT usage in schools is nothing more than a glorified version if what can be done with pen and paper.
Am I correct to say these programs are not reported on - when we see our literacy & numeracy falling in international terms it must be sddressed - worked with too many people that fell through the cracks, unrealised talent & productivity nationally.
The problem is the local accountability for where the money is spent. Schools are notorious for misusing student funding.

Have you got data on how masks have negatively effected health of surgeons and nurses for the decades they have been wearing them?
I often wear a mask for hours as an OHS requirement of my vocation without side effects, but that's beside the point.

Masks can cause adverse health effects in a minority of people.

I often wear a mask for hours as an OHS requirement of my vocation without side effects, but that's beside the point.

Masks can cause adverse health effects in a minority of people.

So do condoms, washing detergent, Panadol, aspirin, and rye grass

Those with adverse outcomes can be managed by exception, the rest of us need to grow up and stop sooking.

It's a mask. It's lot a prostate exam

Do you have evidence for that claim?

Early articles on this when they were itemizing the fines. Cops made the point all people fined were offered a free mask to wear but they all refused.

I tried googling the article but unfortunately there is way too much to filter through (same issue when trying to find specific trump articles)

So do condoms, washing detergent, Panadol, aspirin, and rye grass

Those with adverse outcomes can be managed by exception, the rest of us need to grow up and stop sooking.

It's a mask. It's lot a prostate exam
If you're using surgeons and nurses as an example then I can use those they're operating on who don't wear a mask as mine.

Wear one for your own protection if you feel it's necessary and let others make their own decision. We're the outlier in Australia.

If you're using surgeons and nurses as an example then I can use those they're operating on who don't wear a mask as mine.

Wear one for your own protection if you feel it's necessary and let others make their own decision. We're the outlier in Australia.

FFS why do you always run to the extreme?

If you have a latex allergy you don't ditch condoms, you go to lamb or other materials.

If you're allergic to rye grass you don't kero the lawn, you change the turf or take an antihistamine

If you're allergic to one washing powder you switch to one that uses different chemicals.

Same with masks. You manage the risk by sourcing alternatives, not saying "* it, roll the dice"

FFS why do you always run to the extreme?

If you have a latex allergy you don't ditch condoms, you go to lamb or other materials.

If you're allergic to rye grass you don't kero the lawn, you change the turf or take an antihistamine

If you're allergic to one washing powder you switch to one that uses different chemicals.

Same with masks. You manage the risk by sourcing alternatives, not saying "fu** it, roll the dice"
I thought I was taking the middle path and avoiding the extremities. The other states seem to agree with my view.

We have no community transmission of the virus so you'll probably be ok to shop without a mask if you so choose. You're not ******* a Thai bargirl raw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I was taking the middle path and avoiding the extremities. The other states seem to agree with my view.

We have no community transmission of the virus so you'll probably be ok to shop without a mask if you so choose. You're not ******* a Thai bargirl raw.

no, we are still HOPING we dont have any community transmission. until we get past 28 we are not out of the woods simply because of the amount of comm transmission we had

and BTW, pls dont go into stores without a mask. its one thing for you to risk your health, but have a thought for the minimum wage shitkicker behind the counter

as someone who used to do those jobs, you get every bug under the sun (because people cough on you, dont clean hands, etc etc - people are gross)

Probably eh, come back in the new year .

Probably eh, come back in the new year .
Where do you draw the line? Life carries risks at every turn and we can't live with this level of fear forever.

December is when HQ mark II begins. I wonder if the sequel will be better than the original?

BACK TO Dan & co., Ms McMurdo will bring down the Lawyer X report on Nov 30 & the tip is systemic failure in VicPol administration again, as it was in the Gargazoulos inquiry.
Add Ms Coate eluding to missing link in Mr Ashtons evidence & the pressure will increase on Minister Neville.
For Dan the issue must fall to him to explain the ongoing management failures in the Vic public service as demonstrated by the departure of Eccles & Peake.
Then there is Suttons role in the I Cook Food legal action involving the City of Dandenong.

Hopefully this thread will get way from masks, rivetting as it is.

Last edited:
Where do you draw the line? Life carries risks at every turn and we can't live with this level of fear forever.

December is when HQ mark II begins. I wonder if the sequel will be better than the original?
Hasn't the last month of continually relaxed restrictions proven unequivocally that we are not living with this level of fear forever? No offence but I'm perplexed as to what's left to whinge about.

Hasn't the last month of continually relaxed restrictions proven unequivocally that we are not living with this level of fear forever? No offence but I'm perplexed as to what's left to whinge about.
You'll just have to accept that some people like to see justification for government policy.

If you go over to the ScoMo thread, you'll find plenty of whingers there to cause you further confusion. I look forward to reading your input there.

I guess I'd like to see some guidance on their plans for masks going forward. I don't think many people would have much of an issue if they were mandatory on public transport and in high-traffic indoor shopping centres and at major retailers like supermarkets and Bunnings. But requiring a mask to duck into your local small coffee shop or bakery for a few minutes to pick up a coffee or a pie to takeaway, especially when all of those that are dining in there aren't even wearing masks, doesn't achieve anything. Similarly, with workplaces slowly reopening next week, requiring four or five people who share an office for eight hours a day to wear a mask all day makes no sense unless you're going to say they can't drink water or have lunch or snacks at their desks and need to go outside or find an empty room to do any of it.

I guess I'd like to see some guidance on their plans for masks going forward. I don't think many people would have much of an issue if they were mandatory on public transport and in high-traffic indoor shopping centres and at major retailers like supermarkets and Bunnings. But requiring a mask to duck into your local small coffee shop or bakery for a few minutes to pick up a coffee or a pie to takeaway, especially when all of those that are dining in there aren't even wearing masks, doesn't achieve anything. Similarly, with workplaces slowly reopening next week, requiring four or five people who share an office for eight hours a day to wear a mask all day makes no sense unless you're going to say they can't drink water or have lunch or snacks at their desks and need to go outside or find an empty room to do any of it.

for offices many are having a bar higher than govt mandates

our offices in all capitals have banned staff from going into the office until sign off from senior management on a day by day approval (ie not multi day sign offs)

we've been told noone nationally in offices until after easter

If you want us to pat Dan on the back for 1 active case you also accept he was at fault for the 700 daily cases we saw.

Conversely if you want to attribute no credit to him for us being at 1 active case you can't attribute any blame to him for the 700 daily cases.

Can't have it both ways.
This is fair to say. I think it's also fair to add that it's clear that keeping Covid out of a community has proven to be extremely difficult and very few places around the world have managed to do so, but eliminating it once it's gotten a strong foothold in the community has proven to be exponentially more difficult.

Covid is like this video game where there's two modes - hard and extra hard. And when you come up short on hard mode you've got this brief window of opportunity to obtain another life to continue playing but if you fail then you have to go back to the start of the game and you're now stuck playing on extra hard mode. NSW has been like a cat and has had a bunch of lives and been able to carry on while New Zealand, Queensland and (hopefully) SA so far have just had to use the one life. Victoria ****ed up bad the first time on hard mode but has now seemingly done the impossible and beaten the game on extra hard mode, but the only reward we get is being allowed to return back to playing on hard mode.

This is fair to say. I think it's also fair to add that it's clear that keeping Covid out of a community has proven to be extremely difficult and very few places around the world have managed to do so, but eliminating it once it's gotten a strong foothold in the community has proven to be exponentially more difficult.

Covid is like this video game where there's two modes - hard and extra hard. And when you come up short on hard mode you've got this brief window of opportunity to obtain another life to continue playing but if you fail then you have to go back to the start of the game and you're now stuck playing on extra hard mode. NSW has been like a cat and has had a bunch of lives and been able to carry on while New Zealand, Queensland and (hopefully) SA so far have just had to use the one life. Victoria f’ed up bad the first time on hard mode but has now seemingly done the impossible and beaten the game on extra hard mode, but the only reward we get is being allowed to return back to playing on hard mode.
Sure but we can't compare Victoria to US or Europe or Asia.

What we can compare it to is it's contemporaries in NSW, QLD, WA and SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back