Bigfooty rivalries

What's the best or strangest you've seen? Player, club, poster, whatever.

Can I also ask as to why North and Bombers posters here hate each other so much? It's a rivalry I've never seen play out anywhere but here.
North and Essendon are traditional rivals in football circles going way back.

Essendon initially had North excluded from the VFL in the 1800s because their supporter bases crossed over geographically and they were worried about loss of supporter base.

North and Essendon are traditional rivals in football circles going way back.

Essendon initially had North excluded from the VFL in the 1800s because their supporter bases crossed over geographically and they were worried about loss of supporter base.

I've legitimately never heard this. So are North and Bombers like some Sheperdsons/Grangerfords rivalry, hating each other due to something happening centuries ago?

I've legitimately never heard this. So are North and Bombers like some Sheperdshons/Grangerfods rivalry, hating each other due to something happening centuries ago?
Thats only the first part of it.

You've also got things like the famous Marshmallow incident in the 90s.

Thats only the first part of it.

You've also got things like the famous Marshmallow incident in the 90s.

tellmemore.gif

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
TJASTA and anyone who does not see Jack Graham as the best player ever :)

I've legitimately never heard this. So are North and Bombers like some Sheperdsons/Grangerfords rivalry, hating each other due to something happening centuries ago?

Living in their heads rent free

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
blackcat and medusala have a rivalry to see who can pat the other on the back more often.

;)
geelong more so dynasty than us or hawks

richmond got *fortunate wrt the expansion
hawks less so, but still fortunate to a degree

i would have a preference of tigers going back to losing cherf, bottom four is fine, we still get to simg the song half a dozen times a year as a bottom four side , i can't reconcile my tigers and winning

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
TJASTA and anyone who does not see Jack Graham as the best player ever :)
TJASTA vs Those who are wrong.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
North Melbourne fans on bigfooty are not huge fans of Sydney. Stems all the way back to when Jesse White wandered onto the field accidentally and a few things have happened since then that have only built the resentment.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Yea it's weird
Not sure whats driving it
At risk of turning this thread into an example, I reckon there was a shift when we won in 2019 and staked our claim as best of this sort of period, I feel like some Eagles fans felt that title was theirs for the taking. Prior to that it was pretty amicable, Richmond supporters generally worshipped Dom Sheed for his acts. In fairness to Eagles supporters some Richmond supporters were dismissive of the Eagles 2018 premiership.

Last edited:
Richmond and West Coast, can derail even the most unrelated thread by making it all about their club.

I must admit I was guilty of that initially in 2019 but now I ignore it as it's just tedious and not even funny - it's basically a step up of the Vic vs WA rivalry that already existed. Both of the more hardcore supporters in that spat need to take a step back from the keyboard.

Back