Mega Thread The NBA Bubble Off AND preseason thread (2020)

Who will win the NBA off season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free agent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has agreed to a three-year, $40M deal with the Lakers, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Wtf lol

An essential part of the championship run. Will be a great mentor to Matthews in and of the Laker ways

Getting Hayward and that contract off the books is a win.
Can't blame Gordy for taking that offer, which will set him and his family up for life.

Lol Jordan. Poor Charlotte.
Conned charlotte for sure. And gordons got a family to feed.

How do you assess the hayward era in boston? Came with so much fanfare and delivered basically zero.

Conned charlotte for sure. And gordons got a family to feed.

How do you assess the hayward era in boston? Came with so much fanfare and delivered basically zero.

Obviously a failure given we didn't make the finals during his watch (which obviously was not mostly his fault due to that horrific injury he suffered in his first ggame for Boston @ Cleveland)

Still he leaves us on much better terms than what Horford or Kyrie did.

I dont get the hate for the Hornets signing Hayward to big money. The small market teams always have to overpay which is what they did but they are still getting a terrific player.

I mean he averaged 17, 6 and 4 as a 4th option in Boston, a 4th option! Now he's given the keys in Charlotte to be the man again like he was in Utah. He's a former all star and a terrific shooter, also very efficient, there is a lot to like about Hayward.

Yes they overpaid, but Hayward can still play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get the hate for the Hornets signing Hayward to big money. The small market teams always have to overpay which is what they did but they are still getting a terrific player.

I mean he averaged 17, 6 and 4 as a 4th option in Boston, a 4th option! Now he's given the keys in Charlotte to be the man again like he was in Utah. He's a former all star and a terrific shooter, also very efficient, there is a lot to like about Hayward.

The injuries is why the deal is bad. He can play, no doubt.

Look I hope it works out, but I'm thinking it's 10-20% that Gordon stays on the court and he's worth his deal.

Still... detroit, atlanta and Charlotte need to take a good hard look in the mirror... jeeeesus

You really think the Galli deal is that bad? He's a fantastic shooter and one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. We need a legit scorer to carry some volume and more floor spacers for Trae to do his thing. He's excellent for pick n roll or pick n pop plays we have Trae + Rondo to work with.

Also the NBA requires us to spend 90% of the salary cap so we literally had to give money to the best available thing we could get.

Yes, they need to pay full freight but given they needed to stretch another ill considered contract (Batum) to do it. And this goes through to his age 34 year.

The injuries is why the deal is bad. He can play, no doubt.

Look I hope it works out, but I'm thinking it's 10-20% that Gordon stays on the court and he's worth his deal.
I wouldn't really consider Hayward as an injury prone player though. Take out the full year he missed with the random horror leg injury and he has played 641 games from a possible 738. He's played 70+ games in every season bar two and in those two season he played 52 games and 66 games. (not taking the year out into consideration)

He's not exactly Derrick Rose here...

You really think the Galli deal is that bad? He's a fantastic shooter and one of the most efficient offensive players in the league. We need a legit scorer to carry some volume and more floor spacers for Trae to do his thing. He's excellent for pick n roll or pick n pop plays we have Trae + Rondo to work with.

Also the NBA requires us to spend 90% of the salary cap so we literally had to give money to the best available thing we could get.
Im confused

Do Atlanta think they are making a run?

Rondo? Why for the love of God

Galli... look I get it, but is that really the guy you want to pay over the odds for

Dunn. Sure

And where does this leave Collins

Yes, they need to pay full freight but given they needed to stretch another ill considered contract (Batum) to do it. And this goes through to his age 34 year.
They are stuck with Batum though, you cant just put everything on hold and wait out Batum's contract. At least Hayward is gonna be somewhat worth that money. In the East, I wouldnt rule out Hayward being an All Star next season.

I wouldn't really consider Hayward as an injury prone player though. Take out the full year he missed with the random horror leg injury and he has played 641 games from a possible 738. He's played 70+ games in every season bar two and in those two season he played 52 games and 66 games. (not taking the year out into consideration)

He's not exactly Derrick Rose here...

Firstly the injury was a devastating injury a few years back. One that affects people for the rest of their career.

He also, literally, just came back from a bad injury in the playoffs (and shouldn't have). He actually had two separate injuries in this season where he missed a month.

Firstly the injury was a devastating injury a few years back. One that affects people for the rest of their career.

He also, literally, just came back from a bad injury in the playoffs (and shouldn't have). He actually had two separate injuries in this season where he missed a month.
So that makes him injury prone? I don't buy that.

It was a devastating injury but I can see him returning to Utah Jazz levels in Charlotte.

So that makes him injury prone? I don't buy that.

It was a devastating injury but I can see him returning to Utah Jazz levels in Charlotte.

First season - Miss a whole season due to one of the worst injuries a basketball player can have
Second season - Be bad at basketball
Third season - Have two separate injuries where he misses a month, plus a couple of other minor injuries where he misses games.

Players don't tend to get better on the injury front when they turn 30 (he's 30 now). His contract run until he is 35.

I really hope I'm wrong. I like him as a player and obviously love MJ, so want to see Charlotte succeed. I just put it at 10-20%.

Im confused

Do Atlanta think they are making a run?

Rondo? Why for the love of God

Galli... look I get it, but is that really the guy you want to pay over the odds for

Dunn. Sure

And where does this leave Collins

Run to the playoffs - yes I think the owners are expecting at least a .500 season.

Rondo - it's only a 1 + 1 deal, and I am sure a contender would trade for him knowing he will turn up for playoffs. Other than that he is still a quality PG and we need someone to handle the rock who isn't Trae. Has anyone straight up called out why he is not liked by some players / coaches?

I like the Dunn move, he's not the next Derrick Rose anymore but they say he's an elite perimeter defender. Desperate need for us to say the least.

And yeah we have one season to decide if Collins is worth a max deal. I think the team were pretty frickin unhappy at his drugs suspension. Is he now a risk to give a huge deal and he misses half a season for another infringement? Will Okongwu develop 3pt range which makes him a better prospect at the 4 spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back