List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP still there. Club will wait til February. If it isnt cleared up, he has surgery which puts him out for 6 months.

Surgery is quick fix that lets you play etc but you lose a bit from it in regards to leg strength which is the reason its last resort. Its kind of the idea that if you can fix your car for 2,000 bucks you give it a try before investing 30,000 in a new engine
Hopefully we're not going to have to get a new car.

Just stop.

Get over yourself.

No one here knows enough to compare Ainsworth to Partington. Parto's critism was reported as being his two way running, attitude and intent, not how often he got the ball.

In one breath you're saying no one knows enough to compare Ainsworth and Parto, and in the next you contradict that by laying out Parto's reported issues which can be compared against Ainsworth. Make up your mind, which is it?

Maybe Ainsworth is easier to coach, follows instructions and plays his role?

Initially you said "just stop", then you come up with your own points of speculation. I was going to say you can't make this s**t up... but you just did.

No one on here knows the details but that doesn't stop people bagging out a kid having a crack. He is having difficulty putting on weight and that isn't helpful for an inside mid plus others are ranked higher than him so he doesn't get to play his u18 roles.

So what you're saying is: how dare posters put forth views that disagree with mine on a forum to discuss related matters.

We have very little to draft with last season or this draft so chances are he stays for one more year.

I agree with Ainsworth being retained for at least one more year. WC should be making minimal cuts to their list this year and cut deep when they hit the draft hard. But that's beside the point being made about Ainsworth's retention compared to Parto's.

So we shouldn't be bagging Ainsworth but then you say he's in our bottom two players and we'd be better without him on the list...that's kind of bagging him mate

Some just want it to at least be more subtle, and preferably to the point of obscuring and warping reality, so as to cater to the members with rather delicate sensibilities unless their vajayjay's begin leaking.

It's more which in the way it has been done previously, which has made it feel like a Witch hunt and getting a little personal.
Reminds me of the whole Priddis thing which I absolutely hated.
Agreed, and I still have these 3/4 posters on ignore all these years later, and yes they haven't pulled their heads in.

I really want to keep hutch, ah chee and vardy. I’d prefer to keep Ainsworth but less fussed.

We need some focus on having decent enough mid depth.
I'm much less keen.

Hutch and Vards are just too injury prone, both to get on the field and if they do, likely to fall over and leave us a rotation down early in a match.

Ah Chee has been given so many opportunities, and I wanted to get a bargain from Port, but I have come to the conclusion that he has peaked. This is as good as it gets.

Ainsworth may become a decent tagger. He doesn't seem to have a lot else going at the moment, and time is running out. The hourglass isn't empty yet, but there's more sand in the bottom than the top.

I actually don't mind if we go to this draft with 4 to 6 picks. Select a developing ruck, a couple of WAFL 20-23 year olds and 2-3 guys we've had our eyes on as a bunch of rookies then we probably end up with something, somewhere. And that's better than what we've got filling those spots now.

And we'll still have decent turnover next year with a few retirements and a couple of delistings to use the draft picks we've banked.

Too late Clint.

Still is one of the biggest weapons in the AFL.

Still was putting up better numbers than numerous other crabs we chose to play ahead of him, particularly going into a cut throat final.

I'm happy for him being shown the door if he's not going to be playing. No point in 32 year old depth being on our list.

The issue for me is that he should/should've been playing.
So you think Simmo left him out for no good reason?

It's unfortunate for Ainsworth, Petrol etc that you're only as good as your last game as far as many posters here are concerned. Any chance of redemption is a long time away.

The bagging is over the top and not the way I'd go about supporting/discussing my team, but each to their own. Those few have seemingly decided that Ainsworth is responsible for ending our season, ending Jetta's career, getting Basil voted in and also for breaking up the Beatles.

Forget obsessing about our fringe youngsters. I reckon the more important conversation should be about getting our underperforming best players back to something like AA form if we really want to pretend we can challenge next year.

Echoed 100% here. I am a little sad/disappoined with this as we would not have won our 2018 flag without him - remember that smother in the hectic finale. There are others on the list that I would prefer gone than him, but we don't know everything sitting back here on BF, don't know his committment etc.
Loved you at the Eagles, Lewie - all the best to you and yours.
Nailed it..👍👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you think Simmo left him out for no good reason?

All because of his ego.

Not Jetta’s lack of form, calf concerns or the fact we were already bringing in four underdone players into a cutthroat final. It was all his damn ego.

All because of his ego.

Not Jetta’s lack of form, calf concerns or the fact we were already bringing in four underdone players into a cutthroat final. It was all his damn ego.
2018 LJ was brilliant, the other years were very average IMO.
Sad to see him bow out the way he did but SH's unfortunately, the way EM finished up was way sadder.

It's unfortunate for Ainsworth, Petrol etc that you're only as good as your last game as far as many posters here are concerned. Any chance of redemption is a long time away.

The bagging is over the top and not the way I'd go about supporting/discussing my team, but each to their own. Those few have seemingly decided that Ainsworth is responsible for ending our season, ending Jetta's career, getting Basil voted in and also for breaking up the Beatles.

Forget obsessing about our fringe youngsters. I reckon the more important conversation should be about getting our underperforming best players back to something like AA form if we really want to pretend we can challenge next year.
I mean...has Ainsworth had a good game?

That AFL rumours twitter account everyone was posting on here was run by like a 13 year old girl. I admit it i got duped but so many did to. I knew something was off when i was blocked for being sarcastic

It basically ended up being an aggregator of trade news. Which was fine as long as it didn’t pretend to be anything more than that, which it didn’t.

But now the trade period is over I have no interest in their ratings of teams or ladder predictions.

All because of his ego.

TBF Fivey, although I pretty much side with the club in nearly every decision they make, this one, you have to admit, is a little suspect. The trade off for all those downsides is a player that can absolutely rip sides apart, and he did exactly that only last year. Not to say it was Simmo’s ego, or anything like that, but I think it’a fair to say that it doesn’t really seem to all fit together.

It basically ended up being an aggregator of trade news. Which was fine as long as it didn’t pretend to be anything more than that, which it didn’t.

But now the trade period is over I have no interest in their ratings of teams or ladder predictions.
ive left twitter for a bit but apparently that account is abusing people calling em fat and **** shaming girls. It's also on private now.

So funny how everyone said it was Marc McGowan ahahaha

All because of his ego.

Settle down......you're carrying on as if ego is a dirty word. Don't you believe what you've seen or you've heard Mig!

TBF Fivey, although I pretty much side with the club in nearly every decision they make, this one, you have to admit, is a little suspect. The trade off for all those downsides is a player that can absolutely rip sides apart, and he did exactly that only last year. Not to say it was Simmo’s ego, or anything like that, but I think it’a fair to say that it doesn’t really seem to all fit together.
This might be the most negative thing I've seen you say about the club

So to stop this silly argument

Partington = not afl standard

Ainsworth = not afl standard

Fortunately for ainsworth our ineptitude in drafting mids has saved him as he is actually just outside the best 22 mids .

I would rather just delist him now and get a state league player like Simpson or waterman to play Ainsworth forward role .

Vardy somehow survives too !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back