Workshop 2021 Jumper Ideas thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how it would look if the white trim was blue to incorporate all their colours.

Either way, this is amazing and should be their home jumper. Surely someone from their club is on here looking for ideas to steal.
Agree. Change white trim to blue. Then do an inverse of red and gold but keep blue trim for away strip.
Then email it to the club

Agree. Change white trim to blue. Then do an inverse of red and gold but keep blue trim for away strip.
Then email it to the club
Has doing something like that ever been successful? I.E has any club taken design ideas or commissioned work for anyone on here? Frequently I see great ideas for kits and logos and they go to waste while clubs commission someone less talented to pump out inferior work.

Has doing something like that ever been successful? I.E has any club taken design ideas or commissioned work for anyone on here? Frequently I see great ideas for kits and logos and they go to waste while clubs commission someone less talented to pump out inferior work.
Dunno. But nothing to lose.

Bit of a different take on this horizontal band idea. Home shirt is the lifesaver style design while there are variants with added grey (from the off field merch) and white which give that hoop look whilst keeping the lifesaver flag idea going. All designs with sun rays to play off of the club nickname.

Gold-Coastlifesaver.png

Bit of a different take on this horizontal band idea. Home shirt is the lifesaver style design while there are variants with added grey (from the off field merch) and white which give that hoop look whilst keeping the lifesaver flag idea going. All designs with sun rays to play off of the club nickname.
That clash is top notch

Really love the inclusion of Charcoal on that alternate kit. This would be the perfect kit for embracing a 'lifesaver' brand. The sun rays I feel would be a bit jarring after a while but I can see why you included them.

Yet another far superior Suns kit made right here on BigFooty.

I doubt it i emailed a design late last year and heard nothing back. I'm continually suprised that the new clubs roll out ordinary designs every year with no change. You see in every other sport including the epl teams come out with new innovative kits regularly yet we can't even update poor designs of clubs that have only been around 10 years. There has to be some reason for it.

Only issue with this is that you’d probably run into a similar situation as the opera house, where the owner of some hotel will want 50k for their architectural masterpiece to be featured on a footy jumper.
Yeah but i would say the gold coast is so not the iconic landscape that the opera house is, I wonder if we could do something to represent the bikies or something? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gold is my favourite one. I maintain gold should be the main colour for a Gold Coast team, and it's a good identity to look even more like surf lifesavers.

Not a fan of the Red with white trim, feels a bit too close to the Bulldogs, but the full red version and the white clash is a great set.
So what, the Bulldogs don't even use that template anymore. Should be up for grabs for everyone else now.

So what, the Bulldogs don't even use that template anymore. Should be up for grabs for everyone else now.
I mean, they did wear it for decades and has been used as recently as last year, so I feel like it very much still a bulldogs jumper. Its like saying that Freo's Anchor or Port's PB's should all be "up for grabs" if an expansion team came in today, because they are not currently those club's home jumpers. They are still very much part of those clubs' identities (even if Freo try to distance themselves from theirs).

Think that the rest of the set that magpienato put together is great, but the one jumper that has all of the; band with the outlines, the club logo in the centre and the contrasting collar is just one too many elements similar to the old dogs guernsey for it to be something the Suns can make their own.

I mean, they did wear it for decades and has been used as recently as last year, so I feel like it very much still a bulldogs jumper. Its like saying that Freo's Anchor or Port's PB's should all be "up for grabs" if an expansion team came in today, because they are not currently those club's home jumpers. They are still very much part of those clubs' identities (even if Freo try to distance themselves from theirs).
Richmond copied Essendon's sash, Hawthorn copied Collingwood's stripes, Brisbane Bears copied Fitzroy's yoke, West Coast copied St Kilda's tri-panel, Port copied the SA double chevron. Gold Coast would at least be copying a design no longer in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back