List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
So I guess all the rumours about Alec not being interested in AFL footy are BS. Interstate clubs interested

So is he nominating/nominated for the draft?
Disappointing if the club isn't showing any interest in him.
Maybe he might nominate for the draft to see if he can be picked up in the ND to get a 2 year contract, rather than a 1 year rookie contract if he ends up signing in the SSP for WC.
Bit concerning that we might miss out on him if there's interest from other clubs.

Pulsedriver

All Australian
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
So is he nominating/nominated for the draft?
Disappointing if the club isn't showing any interest in him.
Maybe he might nominate for the draft to see if he can be picked up in the ND to get a 2 year contract, rather than a 1 year rookie contract if he ends up signing in the SSP for WC.
Bit concerning that we might miss out on him if there's interest from other clubs.

WC: Alec is under 190cm, so we'll wait another year to ensure he's an absolute certainty to make it. If we have to dish up a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft, so be it. If he does a Kelly, 3 first rounders will be done at some point. We'll find a way to bring our boy home. But first things first, WC need the validation of other clubs before viewing him as quality, and that means another club must try him out first, it's the WC way. Can't have the likes of an untested Jetta and Kelly on the list without being an absolute sure thing, so we'll just wait and see how things pan out with Alec. Conservatism is the way forward. It may be somewhat slow, but it's sure and steady. Look upon the fable of the tortoise and the hare to see how that turned out. That's how we roll at WC.

wooshwhisperer

Senior List
Sep 13, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
WC: Alec is under 190cm, so we'll wait another year to ensure he's an absolute certainty to make it. If we have to dish up a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft, so be it. If he does a Kelly, 3 first rounders will be done at some point. We'll find a way to bring our boy home. But first things first, WC need the validation of other clubs before viewing him as quality, and that means another club must try him out first, it's the WC way. Can't have the likes of an untested Jetta and Kelly on the list without being an absolute sure thing, so we'll just wait and see how things pan out with Alec. Conservatism is the way forward. It may be somewhat slow, but it's sure and steady. Look upon the fable of the tortoise and the hare to see how that turned out. That's how we roll at WC.
Surely the "that's how we roll at WC" rule would have already been self satisfied for Waterman... a 6 foot plus 85kg plus forward of known pedigree averaging 2.5 goals and 15 plus possessions per WAFL game... but yeah... that's how we roll at WC 🤷‍♂️

Pulsedriver

All Australian
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely the "that's how we roll at WC" rule would have already been self satisfied for Waterman... a 6 foot plus 85kg plus forward of known pedigree averaging 2.5 goals and 15 plus possessions per WAFL game... but yeah... that's how we roll at WC 🤷‍♂️

Woosh in name, Woosh in deed. Woosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
TBF Fivey, although I pretty much side with the club in nearly every decision they make, this one, you have to admit, is a little suspect. The trade off for all those downsides is a player that can absolutely rip sides apart, and he did exactly that only last year. Not to say it was Simmo’s ego, or anything like that, but I think it’a fair to say that it doesn’t really seem to all fit together.
The whole ego/Simpson’s Pride thing is all based on rumours about some sort of fight at the hub, which could all be complete BS for all we know.

Would love to know the actual reasoning though. I don’t buy form as a reason at all - he almost had like 4-5 goal involvements the first time he played forward in years, which I believe was his last game for the club.

As has been pointed out his stats in the hub were better than many, and ironically was our 6th best tackler (tackles per game) for the year - despite people saying he’s lax defensively.

I am going to assume it was fitness related and maybe he wasn’t doing enough off field to ensure he was giving himself the best chance of avoiding injury. People who suggest it was on-field performance related need to delete their accounts.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m not sure if we can unless he nominates for the draft first (and then isn’t selected).

I'm not sure either - I know Keegan Brooksby withdrew from the draft as we had committed to selecting him as a SSP.

What I don't know is whether he had nominated for previous drafts (and whether or not Waterman has also).

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not sure either - I know Keegan Brooksby withdrew from the draft as we had committed to selecting him as a SSP.

What I don't know is whether he had nominated for previous drafts (and whether or not Waterman has also).

Yeah I don’t think it’s public.

But if you only had to nominate for the senior draft, and not the rookie draft, you could just put an unrealistic price on your head, then no one would pick you up and you could go to the SSP to the team of your choice. That would be a loophole they would have to close if that was possible though.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Jackson Thurlow delisted by the swans. Thought he was pretty good in his 8 games this year

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Get over yourself.

In one breath you're saying no one knows enough to compare Ainsworth and Parto, and in the next you contradict that by laying out Parto's reported issues which can be compared against Ainsworth. Make up your mind, which is it?

Initially you said "just stop", then you come up with your own points of speculation. I was going to say you can't make this sh*t up... but you just did.

So what you're saying is: how dare posters put forth views that disagree with mine on a forum to discuss related matters.

I agree with Ainsworth being retained for at least one more year. WC should be making minimal cuts to their list this year and cut deep when they hit the draft hard. But that's beside the point being made about Ainsworth's retention compared to Parto's.

Spot on Gunner. No one does know enough for an informed opinion. We have snippets here and there that's all.

So sure we may have opinions but what are they based on? Certainly not the amount of information the club has to make an informed decision.

So posters coming on here bagging out Ainsworth and blowing hot air up a delisted Partington's arse is a joke, a poor one.

Partington, who every other team has ignored post delisting even after winning the Magarey Medal. Maybe every other team also knows more than us!

It is people bagging out current players when they, in reality, know bugger all apart from watching a game for a couple of hours a week is the point. I will back the club ahead of 99% of keyboard warriors on here.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I like the idea of Waterman to replace Ah Chee, but for some reason the club loves ah chee at the moment.

A Waterman for Ah chee leaps off the team sheet page for me as well.

So there is a place there for him and his age helps balance the list profile. Wouldn't cost any picks nor big $$$$.

Hopefully we and Alec are playing games by not showing much public interest and it just gets done. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back