Bigfooty rivalries

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest rivalry on bf is surely between those who love and hate Dan Andrews.

At risk of turning this thread into an example, I reckon there was a shift when we won in 2019 and staked our claim as best of this sort of period, I feel like some Eagles fans felt that title was theirs for the taking. Prior to that it was pretty amicable, Richmond supporters generally worshipped Dom Sheed for his acts. In fairness to Eagles supporters some Richmond supporters were dismissive of the Eagles 2018 premiership.
Not sure why Eagles had such claims given they were a fringe finals side in 2019 and 2020

Carlton v Richmond.

That dominates the first round, after which it fades until the next year, when it's repeated.

If the Blues actually finish in the top eight with Richmond still there, it will likely reignite.

Yea it's weird
Not sure whats driving it

They thought they were better after 2018. That was proven wrong in 2019 when Richmond won a 2nd flag, but they dismissed it and cried about getting to play at the MCG. So Richmond won a flag at the Gabba after playing the entire year away from home. Now they're salty.

They thought they were better after 2018. That was proven wrong in 2019 when Richmond won a 2nd flag, but they dismissed it and cried about getting to play at the MCG. So Richmond won a flag at the Gabba after playing the entire year away from home. Now they're salty.

usual ignorant arrogant richmond supporter

"entire year away from home" - this one is a liar as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I was guilty of that initially in 2019 but now I ignore it as it's just tedious and not even funny - it's basically a step up of the Vic vs WA rivalry that already existed. Both of the more hardcore supporters in that spat need to take a step back from the keyboard.

Is it still going?

I've largely avoided the Main board over the past few months because it became tedious and the same half dozen posters would respond to everyone of my comments with the same circular arguments (7 games at the MCG, air travel, #VICBIAS, etc.).

I agree with you-- anyone that's still going around and around on those issues now need to take a break.

Is it still going?

I've largely avoided the Main board over the past few months because it became tedious and the same half dozen posters would respond to everyone of my comments with the same circular arguments (7 games at the MCG, air travel, #VICBIAS, etc.).

I agree with you-- anyone that's still going around and around on those issues now need to take a break.

Unsurprisingly the last page has devolved into what you just talked about.

I vaguely remember a couple Hawthorn ones that were more prominent when I first found BigFooty like 10 years ago.

There was a bit of Hawks/North angst that seemed to stem from their trading histories. There were the Thompson and Hay trades in the 00s and North supporters were convinced that they had pulled a couple fast ones over Hawthorn in the Hale and Gibson trades. Gibson was a not-quite-full-back/not-quite-mid and Hale was just dining out on one decent game against Geelong. How they swindled Aaron Black and Kieran Harper for those spuds was a source of comedy.

Also a little Hawthorn/Carlton thing that seemed to revolve around a few player comparisons. Hawks supporters tended not to rate Judd as much as most and there were plenty of Judd v Hodge/Mitchell arguments around 2010/11. There were also proclamations of Yarran then Garlett being better than overrated Cyril (which young, quick aboriginal kid wasn't according to BF back then?) which got under some Hawk posters skin.

Not as big as the Geelong and Essendon stuff (cats especially) but it was there.

I know Carlton and Essendon is a genuine non-BF rivalry but I remember a lot of Carlton Vs North Vs Essendon bickering about which rebuild was better in the early 10s. Carlton didn't do their rebuild right like Essendon who made sure to draft talls first, Carlton's midfield was gonna be unstoppable, every North kid was gonna be a superstar and it sure paid to have players under 22 getting games in BigFooty arguments.

Bulldogs vs North was an odd one back in the day, I could never wrap my head around that one.

There was a bit of 'small club' insecurity I reckon. Relocation/folding hung over North's head and Dogs fans were happy to reinforce that it was North, not them, that was the s**t, unsustainable, soon to be obsolete club.

freo vs Saints obviously..... Only because of Ross Lyon and his sexual harrassment tactics lol.

And over Zac Dawson of course lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back