Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that’s true... Unless they get Dunkley next year of course. We won’t know that for a while yet. With three top 10 picks they’ve got a great opportunity. Like any club, they need to make them count.

I don’t think the picks of Parish and Francis were / are poor picks. I believe these players are impacted by a club in disarray where they’re being played out of position and caught up in a side without chemistry, purpose and system. If you watch Francis in his draft year / early VFL form, he was a monster with huge unique talent. He’s had personal issues, clearly lacks self belief and probably hasn’t had a dynamic coaching group to push him along. Both he and Parish being poorly developed. I can’t help but think how these guys in particular would thrive in the Geelong system for example. Again, I don’t believe these were the wrong picks. I believe the club has not served them well in providing them the environment to get the best out of themselves.

Fair enough comments - but the ball is now in your court to make the most of the opportunities. With Dunkley - at least you are getting a known level of performance and consistency - he's proven that in the AFL. Drafting is a little more speculative, but as you say - a lot depends on development....

Really? Did you read the review? Actually read it. Sounds like you didn’t.

They have found the culture and the whole method was broken. The only person lucky to be there is the CEO, and he’s had role with respect

Just because Dodoro wasn’t sacked doesn’t mean the review was flawed. That’s where those without the depth of understanding of what’s gone on at Essendon in recent years get this completely wrong.

Yes that’s true... Unless they get Dunkley next year of course. We won’t know that for a while yet. With three top 10 picks they’ve got a great opportunity. Like any club, they need to make them count.

I don’t think the picks of Parish and Francis were / are poor picks. I believe these players are impacted by a club in disarray where they’re being played out of position and caught up in a side without chemistry, purpose and system. If you watch Francis in his draft year / early VFL form, he was a monster with huge unique talent. He’s had personal issues, clearly lacks self belief and probably hasn’t had a dynamic coaching group to push him along. Both he and Parish being poorly developed. I can’t help but think how these guys in particular would thrive in the Geelong system for example. Again, I don’t believe these were the wrong picks. I believe the club has not served them well in providing them the environment to get the best out of themselves.

Now you’re letting your emotions effect your argument.
BTW, the bloke helping Dodoro built your list I believe (Elshaugh).
Na mate Gallagher has built the majority of our current list elshaugh was fired for him so we could bring him in . I can’t believe elshaugh he has got another job he had our list on it’s knees cap maxed out and bottom 4 if that who you brought in to help out then god help you

Na mate Gallagher has built the majority of our current list elshaugh was fired for him so we could bring him in . I can’t believe elshaugh he has got another job he had our list on it’s knees cap maxed out and bottom 4 if that who you brought in to help out then god help you
Oh dear....

Elshaugh had a very good track record with us from 2015-2017 when his role was upgraded.

Carlisle, Gresham - 2015
Steele, Koby Stevens, Nathan Brown, Long, Battle - 2016
Paton, Clark, Coffield - 2017

You really need new material if bagging this bloke is your best effort to troll Essendon.

Dodoro is a dud fwiw.

Elshaugh had a very good track record with us from 2015-2017 when his role was upgraded.

Carlisle, Gresham - 2015

You really need new material if bagging this bloke is your best effort to troll Essendon.

Dodoro is a dud fwiw.
I thought so..

Carlisle, Gresham - 2015

Dodoro is a dud fwiw.
He's jumped the shark. Should've held on to Townsend. 😂

Carlisle, Gresham - 2015

Dodoro is a dud fwiw.
Ameet Bain’s was running it when Carlisle,greasham and Steele were brought in not elshaugh he had one decent draft when we had the two top ten picks with any other picks he had more misses then hits there’s a reason he was moved on to bring Gallagher in !

Just bumping the thread. I feel like Adrian would be a little flat if he found out he d slipped off the front page. It is November, after all.

Right now, Adrian probably has a skinny flanker in need of development, who went to PEGS or StBernard's, or was coached at school or Juniors by an ex EFC alumni, sitting before him counting backwards from a hundred in 7's. While Sheeds is looking over their shoulders slightly scaring the bejeezus out of the skinny undeveloped but well brought up flanker.

Now to decide whether to select him with Pick 6, 7 or 8.

Busy time for Adrian.

Ameet Bain’s was running it when Carlisle,greasham and Steele were brought in not elshaugh he had one decent draft when we had the two top ten picks with any other picks he had more misses then hits there’s a reason he was moved on to bring Gallagher in !

“With his vast AFL experience as a player and coach, Tony is one of the best recruiters in industry. In recognition of that, he has been promoted to Recruiting and List Manager and will assume additional list management responsibilities,” Bains told SAINTS.com.au.

“He will effectively have day-to-day responsibility for delivering on our trade and draft strategy and for managing our network of recruiters.”

JAN 15 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you. Essendon know they’re 2-3 years away again. They now have an opportunity to make this smallish rebuild count. It will be a big player again in trading next year with lots of room in its cap. Remember the Cats have 10-12 players over 30. Essendon only have 3, and two of them will retire end of next year.

It will be bigger than smallish. You have almost an entire forward line to build...at a minimum. Wright, Stewart and Stringer will not kick you many goals.. at all. 1-2 per week. Your backline is held together by 2 blokes in the twilight of their careers.

You have a strong draft hand and you'll need to make it count for years. The issue having it this year though is that there is a lot of unexposed form. I expect a lot of later picks will in fact be guns as they move through the system.

He lost the will to play after he got beaten by Liam Jone's head.

Heath Shaw did the damage on Townsend.

Everyone’s entitled to a opinion I just believe there are far worse players still on your list then Townsend.

Can you please list 10 players worse than Jacob Townsend who were on our list this year that was over 20 years of age (unfair going after draftees still in there initial 2 year draft contract).

This is going to be fun

Last edited:
Can you please list 10 players worse than Jacob Townsend who were on our list this year that was under 20 years of age (unfair going after draftees still in there initial 2 year draft contract).

This is going to be fun
Do you mean over?

The challenge is, turning those high end picks into elite (or close to) players in areas of need. Recent success rate is not great with picks like Francis, Parish - who aren't true elite players you can build a side around. The beauty of the Dunkley trade was that despite his weaknesses (which he has) is that he is close to elite as a big bodied ball winning mid - which you need.

You now need to find one in the draft and quickly...

I've gone back to find this post (3 pages from today) and have to agree. In saying this, most times Dodoro has gone what he has thought was best available with those early picks. Furthermore, it is hard to argue the day after draft night(s) who we brought in inside the top 30's.

This suggests to me that Dodoro is ok at selecting players (not great but not poor) and post draft it has more to do with player development than Dodoro at the draft table. In regards to too many small midfielders, you can never have too many, we can't instil a system that utilises the amount we concurrently have.

I'm sure there is problem with the logic of this strategy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.........

I dunno man, some clubs celebrate getting to week two of the finals as some sort of achievement. Like that is what success feels like. Wait till they reach the ultimate success on top of the dais at the conclusion of a season. Some clubs won't know what to do with themselves.

big clubs aim for premiership success, mediocre clubs celebrate finals wins

And minnows like Essendon get excited about jazzed up home and away games on Anzac Day and the like

And minnows like Essendon get excited about jazzed up home and away games on Anzac Day and the like
Come on man, don't be jealous. You had your chance on Good Friday and your club didn't show up let alone your supporters.

As an avid Essendon supporter, Dodoro simply does what he thinks is best for the club. His trading reflects this, often getting a winning deal when it comes down to player exchange.

In respect to the drafting, I'm not sure Ardrian can be blamed for the development of the clubs draftees. Aaron Francis was widely considered one of, if not the most talented kid in the 2015 AFL draft. Whilst he has had a myriad of issues (mental health, injury, positional) he has not come close to what many had hoped he would become, even after showing early promise in 2016.

To see guys like Josh Dunkley, Clayton Oliver, Jacob Weitering go streets ahead of him is more an indictment on Essendon than it is about Adrian. We have had a number of examples like this, I know Knightmare had Jayden Laverde as high as #4 in his draft rankings in his draft year, how did he get to number 20? We were ecstatic, obviously more issues for Jayden have stymied his run at AFL level but the development of him as a player has been very limited. Essentially a more physically developed version of his U18 self.

My issue with Adrian Dodoro comes down to his list management decisions (re; re contracts/delistings) and it is out of touch with the current climate of the AFL. To often leaving us exposed in one position chasing success in another (and not just the midfield), the planning post Joe Daniher was farcical, the forward group as a whole. The contracting post that 2016 banned group.

And one last minor point, I'm not going after him for not picking player x after the first/second round as it is literally throwing darts at a dart board. Lucky dip if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back