EPL Matchday 9

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not very good at this
Was waiting for this. Difference between saying "firmino won't score" and saying he has had a bad season.

Though this is more warranted than Brades putting his foot in it.

I think today also shows how important Phillips is to our side, without him we’ll struggle to avoid the drop.

When he went down holding his knee I feared the worst for the season.

Arsenal were pretty poor. Should have won it but our finishing was average. With Everton and Chelsea next, 3 points would have been handy.

Surely that is the closest goal line clearance we have ever had. Watching the first replay I was convinced it was over the line. I guess that is why we have the technology in place.
Closer than this one

Surely that is the closest goal line clearance we have ever had. Watching the first replay I was convinced it was over the line. I guess that is why we have the technology in place.

It's a great system, reckoned the lino would've given that if there was no goal line technology. Only 1 error has ever been made with it (Villa game late last season) and that was due to a freak occurrence.

Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.
Most of those are the Liverpool supporters on here. It will be closer this season but Liverpool are still the team to beat.

I never got the panic of the whole Liverpool crisis through injuries covid etc, when you have a great manager e.g klopp, fergie they get the best out of the players on the pitch whether they're a scrub or a star and it just goes to show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus I never thought Jota would be this good when we signed him

Jesus, I did.

I was desperate for Spurs to make an approach.

He's class. Firmino will be a nice bench option for you too once that front three of Mane, Salah and Jota is established.

Jesus, I did.

I was desperate for Spurs to make an approach.

He's class. Firmino will be a nice bench option for you too once that front three of Mane, Salah and Jota is established.
All of a sudden it makes cashing in on selling one of the front three an enticing proposition

I never got the panic of the whole Liverpool crisis through injuries covid etc, when you have a great manager e.g klopp, fergie they get the best out of the players on the pitch whether they're a scrub or a star and it just goes to show.

Certainly understand the panic, losing both first choice CB's (one a beast, the other not) for the season, TAA, Thiago, Allison for a stint, Matip, Henderson, Salah (Keita and Shaq on the list too now) is going to make it real tough, in a side that's been questioned several times over the last 18 months about it's depth.

I still think it will catch up with us, but as I said in the LFC group at the time either we throw our skirts over our heads and give the season away or just get on with it and back our manager, kids, culture and remaining quality players to put up a fight. Good start so far, long way to go though.

Dominant from start to finish against the team that was top going in to the weekend.

That's the kind of performance I was expecting us to put in. Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.
Over-exaggerated or not, it's still annoying that we've got up to 11 players unavailable and every day is met with a new injury concern.

While only 2 (VVD/Gomez) are long term, and 1 is medium term (Keita), we still need Salah, Arnold, Thiago, Henderson, Ox, Shaqiri, Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips back soon to lessen the load on the guys that are fit and playing every 3 days.

Because for the last 12-18 months the thought of losing one of Salah, Mane or Firminio sounded like a disaster as they all seemed irreplaceable

Now if one of their heads were to be turned by one of the Spanish teams Jota simply steps into that players starting role and the massive transfer fee goes back into the squad

Dominant from start to finish against the team that was top going in to the weekend.

That's the kind of performance I was expecting us to put in. Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.

When I first saw the line up I thought the midfield looked a bit weak. But they were all superb. It helps when Mane drops deep to pick up the ball, and Robertson gets forward. Jota was good for Wolves but he's taken his game to another level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back