Toast Welcome to Hawthorn Tom Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Smart, thoughtful, articulate - we've got a great character.
Collingwood have screwed this up. Their supporters won't buy the "refresh" nonsense.

How could they when their picks will be impacted by likely having to match a bid on McInness. If they don't have to, by chance, then they will come out of this whole mess looking a little better (14 + 16 + McInness).

They should have just owned the fact they had to make changes for cap purposes.

Loves a long answer to an interview question.

Can't see him ever doing the "60 seconds with Tom Phillips" type interview, will only get 1 question answered

MJA33

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Loves a long answer to an interview question.

Can't see him ever doing the "60 seconds with Tom Phillips" type interview, will only get 1 question answered

haha I had these exact thoughts in all interviews I have heard from him. Interviewer asks a question and he takes it for a ride for 3-4 mins 😂 not the standard 2 sentence answer from a footballer 😂 at times he had to be cut off haha seems a level headed ripping guy though which is very welcomed in our club!

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Smart, thoughtful, articulate - we've got a great character.
Collingwood have screwed this up. Their supporters won't buy the "refresh" nonsense.
To be fair being smart, thoughtful and articulate isn't a great cultural fit for a Collingwood player.

They probably didn't know how to handle someone who isn't on a first name basis with the local Magistrate!

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To be fair being smart, thoughtful and articulate isn't a great cultural fit for a Collingwood player.

They probably didn't know how to handle someone who isn't on a first name basis with the local Magistrate!
Ha!
They love their tiprats, but I suspect it had nothing to do with that.
It's going to be a huge loss to the Pies and will smash their culture for a decade IMO.

Just look at what happened to Essendon when they lost Blumfield, Heffernan and Caracella.
In that case, they left because the likes of Hird, Lloyd and Lucas didn't want to take paycuts to accommodate them.

We are so blessed that our top 10 players at Hawthorn during the three-peat era had a different approach.

Can't help but feel optimistic listening to him speak. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.
Makes you wonder why Pies were so keen to offload him instead of someone else.

Let's see if he can walk the walk.
Daicos developing into the wing role, on less coin would’ve been the main reason I’d think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be our greatest Collingwood recruit - maybe Tony Woods? Tom has a big chance to surpass that. Woods played 142 games for us, there's a target.
Ian Bremner

Hawthorn basically traded 65,42,41 for Philips and their 2021 second rounder. Big steal specially if that pick turn into something in the mid 20's.
That's quite absurd, when you put it like that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back