General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a loony family. Driver loses the plot at World Kart Champs, throws a piece of his car at rival and then he and his father (who owns the track) attack the driver (see second video in link) after the race! Life ban incoming

Yeah just seen this from a Giedo van der Garde tweet.

What a ******* idiot. And to think, its not even like he is a kid....the dude is 23.......

Penske yet to make decision on McLaughlin or Supercars future

The decision to transfer McLaughlin straight into an IndyCar for his US open-wheel debut came partly as a result of team president Tim Cindric consulting with Dario Franchitti - and partly because of how well Robert Wickens had adapted from touring cars to Indycars in 2018.

"Tim spoke to Franchitti about it, because Franchitti came to Indy cars from DTM," Penske explained.

"That's where I first met him, when he was racing for Mercedes-Benz in the mid-1990s. Tim asked Franchitti if we should put McLaughlin straight into Indy cars or go Indy Lights or Formula 3, 4, 5 or 6...

"And he said, 'No, put him straight in at the top.'

Great interview by V8 Sleuth ( Aaron Noonan ) with Tomas Mezera

Great interview by V8 Sleuth ( Aaron Noonan ) with Tomas Mezera

I will be listening tonight.

As of this post, I'm going to take a guess and say the F1 driver that could've driven at Bathurst was Eddie Irvine?

Conditioning for one.

Drivers with a loaded history in sedans/tin tops don't transfer to single seaters, whereas they do transfer the other way.

He's joining a team where there's effectively 3 other "Scot McLaughlin's" or better (Never mind the drivers in the other teams).

He'll be learning a different car and racing series and culture in the top class. That's a lot harder than spending time in the lower classes.

It's not going to be easy for him, ever.

Conditioning for one.

Drivers with a loaded history in sedans/tin tops don't transfer to single seaters, whereas they do transfer the other way.

He's joining a team where there's effectively 3 other "Scot McLaughlin's" or better (Never mind the drivers in the other teams).

He'll be learning a different car and racing series and culture in the top class. That's a lot harder than spending time in the lower classes.

It's not going to be easy for him, ever.

Wrong Scotty but !

Another championship to the 1998 Formula Holden* champ Kiwi Scott Dixon

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_Holden#Champions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to blow those cobwebs away with a few laps of 'the Mountain' at Bathurst during Challenge Bathurst at the end of this month:

Sadly for me she who must be obeyed tells me we will be having a few days down in the Apple Isle (as our bit to kick on tourism) ....

Time to blow those cobwebs away with a few laps of 'the Mountain' at Bathurst during Challenge Bathurst at the end of this month:

Sadly for me she who must be obeyed tells me we will be having a few days down in the Apple Isle (as our bit to kick on tourism) ....

Tasmania is basically Island Panorama so you can blow the cobwebs away and have your own 1000 down there instead.

Karma, we both lost, for the greater good I'm told ...:'(

Price had fuelling issues with his bike in stage 2 of the Dakar and finished half an hour behind stage winner and new rally leader, Joan Barreda Bort.
Price drops from first back to sixteenth, 17 minutes off the lead. Daniel Sanders is a further 3 1/2 minutes behind in eighteenth.

Toby Price takes out stage 3 and leaps to 4th in the standings.
Daniel Sanders sits 16th.

The legend is still out in front and leading in stage 7.
Other Aussie Daniel Sanders also doing very well sitting in 3rd.
Two Aussies on the podium would be insane!
Edit: sanders is 12th, it was the stage he was in 3rd.
12th is still an awesome effort for his first appearance.

Last edited:
Update, not sure what was going on with the app yesterday but Toby is 2nd only 1 second behind and they have a 2minute gap. Sanders is 9th
However there’s some stupid rule which means he can’t replace a severely cut tyre.
Ridiculous that he has to ride the whole day on it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back