80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Only got 10 holes in at Cape Schanck before the storm hit. 10 over which included a 7 on a par 3

Will be playing Portsea, St Andrews Beach and The Dunes and maybe one of the Moonah courses over the next few days and will try and play the course i like the best Friday.

Which is the easier course to play in the strong wind that is likely to occur tomorrow?
I heard the dunes is more exposed and open with wide fairways.

have you played st andrews before? Its a tough track. Up and down. But a great course.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I heard the dunes is more exposed and open with wide fairways.

have you played st andrews before? Its a tough track. Up and down. But a great course.
First time playing golf down here, weather looks good for the rest of the week so thought i would try and play some of the tougher tracks later in the week.

Tough tracks don't bother me, just prefer it not to be unplayable if it is a strong wind tomorrow

First time playing golf down here, weather looks good for the rest of the week so thought i would try and play some of the tougher tracks later in the week.

Tough tracks don't bother me, just prefer it not to be unplayable if it is a strong wind tomorrow

wind teaches resilience.

enjoy.

Niko_52

Senior List
Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Is the national as amazing as what I’ve heard it is?
Been there twice and been to the Long Island course once and I can say within the next few years it would be a dream of mine to become a member there. Facilities are amazing and well the courses are just pure. Four world class courses and some of the views you get when playing the old course are just beautiful. You become a tourist for half of your round taking pics and soaking in the sights. I envy peternorth playing there regularly haha

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Been there twice and been to the Long Island course once and I can say within the next few years it would be a dream of mine to become a member there. Facilities are amazing and well the courses are just pure. Four world class courses and some of the views you get when playing the old course are just beautiful. You become a tourist for half of your round taking pics and soaking in the sights. I envy peternorth playing there regularly haha

What area are all these courses in? Near Melbourne city? Have been talking about a golf trip with some mates.

Thanks

What area are all these courses in? Near Melbourne city? Have been talking about a golf trip with some mates.

Thanks

The National is in cape Schanck. And hour and a bit from Melbourne.
Long Island is in frankston.

Not entirely sure lOng island is world class. But it’s very underrated.

Thing about Nash is tha5 you’re far removed from traffic etc. It’s just you, the course and wildlife. It’s freakin’ da best

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Not entirely sure lOng island is world class. But it’s very underrated.
Long Island has amazing "bones" as a golf course and could be genuinely terrific if the club ever took it seriously and spent some of their millions on it including a Brian Schneider renovation.

However it doesn't fit their strategic money hungry plan to shaft the joint off for housing in a few years so they'll keep doing the bare minimum with it.

Long Island has amazing "bones" as a golf course and could be genuinely terrific if the club ever took it seriously and spent some of their millions on it including a Brian Schneider renovation.

However it doesn't fit their strategic money hungry plan to shaft the joint off for housing in a few years so they'll keep doing the bare minimum with it.

Always on the lookout for opportunities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovely at peninsula. Despite the rain, conditions simply amazing
Wow played today?
I was meant to play Eastern but too wet, a lot of courses out my way were flooded and closed.

Wow played today?
I was meant to play Eastern but too wet, a lot of courses out my way were flooded and closed.

Yes a few holes. Just for fun.

eastern and its neighbour yering are shitholes in the wet. actually not many if any courses are fun in the wet

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
115 at Portsea today. First time ever playing a full 18 holes, really happy with the score, did all that without a driver but starting to get more confident with the 3 wood building up to it. Absolutely knackered by the end pushing the buggy around those hills and it was very windy which made it tough.

All parts of the game had their moments. Score was lost mostly on too many 3 putts, and 3 separate putts that lipped out on different holes. Managed to avoid bunkers except for the second last hole, pretty happy with that. Did lose a few shots because I had to take a penalty and hit a second tee shot as I sliced a few into some of the bushland that was no chance of being found.

I've never played a course with so much height and slope variance, I found it really challenging hitting up to or down onto greens so club selection was a battle all day.

If I take today's form back to my regular public locals I shoot under 100 easily I reckon.

ubuntu

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone ever played Mt.Xavier?
I played there 2 weeks ago as it is near my daughters school and wow what a beautiful unique course.
Bloody tough walk though!
As in the Ballarat course? I haven’t played it in years and years. It wasn’t much chop from memory but would be keen to check it out if I am back that way, although Ballarat is hard to say no to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back