Prediction Who will we take with Pick 11?

Pick 11?

• Bruhn

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Perkins

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Cox

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • Reid

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Chapman

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Henry

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Carroll

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • O’Driscoll

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
HS has us taking Heath Chapman in their mock draft:

14. North Melbourne – Heath Chapman (West Perth/Western Australia) Defender, 192cm, 81kg
Dan says: Key forward, check. Now, an attacking tall defender with North Melbourne’s second pick. Chapman is a fantastic interceptor who can hurt sides with his penetrating kick and endurance.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

14. North Melbourne – Heath Chapman (West Perth/Western Australia) Defender, 192cm, 81kg
Dan says: Key forward, check. Now, an attacking tall defender with North Melbourne’s second pick. Chapman is a fantastic interceptor who can hurt sides with his penetrating kick and endurance.

Gee I'd be flat if I was an Adelaide supporter and they went a local boy over best available

Aren’t trading of picks still allowed up till and during the draft? Just in case we trade pick 11 this year for a first next year.
Which would mean another year of development lost.

True, but this years draft is a bit of a lottery. Kids change a lot from 16 to 17 as they mature at different rates. We’re pretty much judging these kids on what they did in their bottom year. Next years draft will be a lot safer
Safe didn’t get us very far.
Recruiting staff wouldn’t call it a lottery. They’d probably call it an opportunity to get players they rate highly cheap.
Ala Perez this year- picked from his bottom age year and doing very well.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
No need to * around here.

We simply take Reid or Cox (If either are available) and lock down our key backs for the next decade.

Highly likely the Bombers take one of the two with their picks.

I don't think Adelaide take another KPD having taken McAsey last year.

I don't think GWS take one of them either.

Leaving us with the other.

I can't stress how good either of these two are, they don't come around like this very often and certainly still not available at Pick 11-14.

I would have taken both in the top 5 of last years draft.

Reid reminds me a lot of Harris Andrews and Cox is just completely unique, the only player like him at the moment is probably Jack Lukosious.

Cox seems to be firming as a possible top 10 pick to the Bombers, Reid drifting slightly. Hopefully straight into our laps.

Don’t mind Chapman if we went tall assuming cox is gone

but I’d be leaning towards mids Macrae, Poulter Etc

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Don’t mind Chapman if we went tall assuming cox is gone

but I’d be leaning towards mids Macrae, Poulter Etc

Reid is 5 inches taller than him, has far better skills, is quicker and doesn't have the go home factor with a special needs brother that he is close to.

On the basis that one of Cox or Reid are available, we would be completely mad to pass on one of them for any other KPD, especially one that is frankly undersized at AFL level.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Chapman reminds me of that manchild the dogs drafted a few years ago.

Had to look it up - Kieran Collins.

Looked like Gary Lyon (now), got talked up as a high pick, then a slider and went on to play 1 game.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
No need to fu** around here.

We simply take Reid or Cox (If either are available) and lock down our key backs for the next decade.

I can't stress how good either of these two are, they don't come around like this very often and certainly still not available at Pick 11-14.

Reid reminds me a lot of Harris Andrews and Cox is just completely unique, the only player like him at the moment is probably Jack Lukosious.

Cox seems to be firming as a possible top 10 pick to the Bombers, Reid drifting slightly. Hopefully straight into our laps.

If you’re so bullish on these two and think they’re comparable to Lukosius and Harris-Andrews well then wouldn’t it make sense for us to trade 2 with *scum for 6, 7 & 2021 2nd?

6 - Harris-Andrews or Lukosius
7 - Perkins
11 - McRae

Package the *scum 2021 2nd with 30 to try and get 18 or 19 from goDees too..

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If you’re so bullish on these two and think they’re comparable to Lukosius and Harris-Andrews well then wouldn’t it make sense for us to trade 2 with *scum for 6, 7 & 2021 2nd?

6 - Harris-Andrews or Lukosius
7 - Perkins
11 - McRae

Package the *scum 2021 2nd with 30 to try and get 18 or 19 from goDees too..

Because I'm even more bullish on adding McDonald, Thilthorpe or Hollands onto our list.

I've become more and more settled on adding 2 x KPP's with our first two picks and concentrate on the top end mids next year. We can essentially replace Brown and Tarrant in one swoop. We could even look at trading our 2022 1st round pick next year into the 2021 draft and take 2 x top 10 mids. I think we would be primed to run back up the ladder in 2022 in that scenario with Simpkin and LDU hitting their mid/early 20's respectively.

The best available at each pick just seems to be falling into place for this scenario. We are going to have 1 of McDonald/Thilthorpe/Hollands available and one of Cox/Reid available.

I think the only change to that would be Adelaide picking McDonald, then we just have to make a decision between Thilthorpe and Hollands imo.

9/10 I'm all in on picking mids, I just think this draft of talls is the real deal. You would hate to miss out on it, especially given the opportunity we have of being able to take 2 of the best 6 in it. Look at Collingwood, they look like they are willing to sell the farm just for the opportunity to get a chance at one of them.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels

I'd be surprised if GWS were not keen. Their key back stocks are actually quite bare and they need to start planning quickly for life after Davis.

There's even talk that Himmelberg might be required to go down back.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No need to fu** around here.

I’ve got gws taking whoever is left out of Cox and Reid (and that will be Reid).

Losing Corr, have tomplan for no more Davies. Seems logical to me they go key tall.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
I assume that was the strategy of the " EXPERTS " in the year we took Hansen over Selwood.
Yeah how well did that work out like Tambling over Franklin ala Richmond..

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because I'm even more bullish on adding McDonald, Thilthorpe or Hollands onto our list.

I've become more and more settled on adding 2 x KPP's with our first two picks and concentrate on the top end mids next year. We can essentially replace Brown and Tarrant in one swoop. We could even look at trading our 2022 1st round pick next year into the 2021 draft and take 2 x top 10 mids. I think we would be primed to run back up the ladder in 2022 in that scenario with Simpkin and LDU hitting their mid/early 20's respectively.

The best available at each pick just seems to be falling into place for this scenario. We are going to have 1 of McDonald/Thilthorpe/Hollands available and one of Cox/Reid available.

I think the only change to that would be Adelaide picking McDonald, then we just have to make a decision between Thilthorpe and Hollands imo.

9/10 I'm all in on picking mids, I just think this draft of talls is the real deal. You would hate to miss out on it, especially given the opportunity we have of being able to take 2 of the best 6 in it. Look at Collingwood, they look like they are willing to sell the farm just for the opportunity to get a chance at one of them.
Yeah agree would take Thilthorpe at 2 in a heart beat along with another tall. You know a lot more than me on the young blokes. So i like my choices even more knowing what your thoughts are.

So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne

I watched gr's clips of Phillips again last night and I reckon he's ultra impressive, just on video clips I have him higher than Hollands. That's my uneducated opinion.

I certainly get your angle on the priority of taking talls over mids if they are really that good.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For memory, I think Nifty Nev wanted Selwood but was overruled by our hierarchy.

Every armchair expert had us taking Hansen or Gumbleton, depending on which one Essendon left on the table. The two of them were going to be the new Carey vs Jakovich for the next 15 years.

Every armchair expert had us taking Hansen or Gumbleton, depending on which one Essendon left on the table. The two of them were going to be the new Carey vs Jakovich for the next 15 years.
Lachie had a good 2 year period as a loose CHB, but the injuries and concussions caught up with him really quickly.

Never quite justified his draft spot.

Back