Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

OK. He's had a 48 goal year. How is he not a good comparison to Stringer? Both have had great years, then dropped off 2 years later. Neither are close to Dusty which was the original point.

Another similarity and thing that separates them from the top players is that both have had a tendency to position themselves to receive and break away, rather than smashing in at the footy. I think JDG will get there.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Read just now on another Richmond forum that he has signed for 2 years @750k a year

That is way more than he deserves. Seems the Pies have learnt nothing about overpaying their players.

Shaun McKernan can play outstanding games a few times a season too.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
That is way more than he deserves. Seems the Pies have learnt nothing about overpaying their players.

Pies to offer McKernan 5 year deal on 800k a year.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

De Goey if he played at his best most weeks and was injury free would be well worth that money.

Question mark is whether he can stay on the park and get more consistency to his game.

Unfortunately its hard to have much faith in the Pies medical staff given how many recurring injury setbacks many quality Collingwood players have had during the last 3 seasons or So..

Beats me why Eddie is not looking to upgrade/replace their current club Medics (I am pretty sure they don't come under the soft salary cap)

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
De Goey if he played at his best most weeks and was injury free would be well worth that money.

Question mark is whether he can stay on the park and get more consistency to his game.

Unfortunately its hard to have much faith in the Pies medical staff given how many recurring injury setbacks many quality Collingwood players have had during the last 3 seasons or So..

Beats me why Eddie is not looking to upgrade/replace their current club Medics (I am pretty sure they don't come under the soft salary cap)
Hopefully the penny drops now that Petracca has left him for dead after the comparisons that were made the past couple years.

The Rocks

Senior List
Nov 17, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
My question, if Jordan does not sign and goes to the draft. If Adelaide take him with #1 what happens to Jackson Hately? Crows would not pass up De Goey

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
My question, if Jordan does not sign and goes to the draft. If Adelaide take him with #1 what happens to Jackson Hately? Crows would not pass up De Goey

Adelaide passing on Hately would almost be on par with Collingwoods disastrous trade period.

You lured him, refused to pay a fair price, convinced him to walk to the PSD, and leave him at the altar? Wont happen.

Adelaide will take Hately even if JDG is available.

It would be an awful look to commit to someone, get them to walk through to the draft & then not pick them.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
I dont know how Collingwoods woes dont fall at Bucks and Eddies feet? They send out the list manager to get ripped apart by the meida, when both Eddie and Bucks are more experienced with the media.

Buckley has been there long enough to have the total team he asked for, and got. Overall, save 1 premiership loss Buckley has underperformed and will continue to do so. Eddie is the one who has invested in Buckley and the Buck stops with Eddie.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dont know how Collingwoods woes dont fall at Bucks and Eddies feet? They send out the list manager to get ripped apart by the meida, when both Eddie and Bucks are more experienced with the media.

Buckley has been there long enough to have the total team he asked for, and got. Overall, save 1 premiership loss Buckley has underperformed and will continue to do so. Eddie is the one who has invested in Buckley and the Buck stops with Eddie.

Completely correct and the longer Eddie remains in charge the more LOL's we'll get 😂

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood

When the heck does the team head coach go out and address a list manager’s trade’s post trade period?

bucks absolutely has his flaws as senior coach, but it’s hardly his fault that Ned guyembarressed himself when quizzed on the trades.

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
When the heck does the team head coach go out and address a list manager’s trade’s post trade period?

bucks absolutely has his flaws as senior coach, but it’s hardly his fault that Ned guyembarressed himself when quizzed on the trades.
Actually, i thought the bloke did well for the interrogation that he and Collingwoods executive KNEW was coming. The hole they dug with their list was a team effort as the list manager stated. Knowing the pressure he was going to be under, and as Bucks and Eddie were just as much if not more to blame, both of them also having more experience handling media, should have been the ones to handle it. They instead withdrew to the background and chucked ol mate under the bus.

Buckley also threw the players under the bus saying they were the reason to sack one of the players. Theres no way he hasnt lost some respect with the playing group. He has lost respect with everyone. Its going to reflect on the field. Just watch.

Eddie will survive. Teflon Ed..

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Whose fault is it?

I don't believe there are many people around who would believe that Buckley and Ed do not take a very *ahem* keen and active interest in all list management decisions. Especially great big decisions like throwing truckloads of back ended dollars and multiple first rounders about the place.

I also don't believe there are many people around who believe that Ned (fall) Guy believed a word of the script he was ordered to read off instead of telling the truth as he believed it to be.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle

If I was Ned Guy I wouldn't have done the interview and released a carefully worder statement later on. He got ripped to shreds. It was embarrassing to watch

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Which is similar to Stringer's 2016. He hasn't had a season as good as Stringer's 2015 though. As it stands JDG has had his 48 goal year and only one other over 30 goals. He's worth about as much as we paid for Stringer (whom we got for unders) at best.

I did miss this one, sorry - are you implying that Stringer is a better player than DeGoey?

I did miss this one, sorry - are you implying that Stringer is a better player than DeGoey?
He has a better record than De Goey as a forward in both consistency year on year and week to week.

Back