List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appleby is looking at his local club next year in Cohuna.

Basically tells you all you need to know.
Going from AFL where he's hardly known to Cohuna where he'll be the big guy.

By your own ruminations they're actually managing the TPP but for anyone to say they know 1 way or the other of the scant evidence you offer is just wrong.

DECISION: Keep the list together and bring in Beams. Done.
DECISION: Retain all of Grundy, JDG and Moore. Done or in the process of being done.
DECISION: Retain Checkers and Daicos. Done.
DECISION: Retire Beams. Done or in the process of being done.
DECISION: Reposition the club to (I guess) allow for the increased salaries of developing players and attract future FA's and trades. Done.

Whether we're paying a bit of Treloar's 2021 salary is irrelevant. We did the same for Shaw. I'm sure other clubs do it all the time and that we've been on the receiving end of similar assistance.

Try being a bit more pragmatic, take the emotion out of it.

Who did Richmond bring in this year? Lost Higgins for a pick upgrade and 1 of their emerging fringe players for a future 3rd. There are consequences for keeping players like Lynch and Dusty on big salaries. There are consequences for keeping Grundy, Moore and JDG.
We got rid of a guy with 5 years left on his contract. Can you show me another club that did that?

So move high paid players on the Rookie list and get 2 players to fake season injuries ( Thomas & C Brown ) and get them back on the main list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rookies (cat A) can play anytime now. The LTI rule only applies to cat B rookies now.

2020 OFF-SEASON KEY DATES
Wednesday November 25

- List Lodgment 1
- Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son Players Lodged
- Nomination of Draft Eligible Northern & NGA Academy Players Lodged

Thursday November 26
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences

Sunday November 29
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes

Monday November 30
- List Lodgment 2
- Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL
- Final date for Primary List delistings

Tuesday December 1
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Wednesday December 2
- AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Thursday December 3
- AFL Trade Period Closes – Selections Only
- Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgment
- Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgment
- Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgment
- AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations lodged with AFL

Wednesday December 9 at 7pm AEDT
- NAB AFL Draft

Thursday December 10 at 12pm AEDT
- NAB AFL Pre-Season & Rookie Draft

Wonder if we could do a trade as simple as one of our (ours or the Bulldogs) future seconds for Pick 27 from the Suns?

Pretty sure they don't need that pick, do they?

Would be some good Reef points...

Edit: alternatively we could maybe even trade out one of those future seconds for 40, 56 and 66 from Adelaide on draft night if a bid comes in around the 20-21 mark.

Last edited:
Wonder if we could do a trade as simple as one of our (ours or the Bulldogs) future seconds for Pick 27 from the Suns?

Edit: alternatively we could maybe even trade out one of those future seconds for 40, 56 and 66 from Adelaide on draft night if a bid comes in around the 20-21 mark.
Yeah they dont need it, I believe they only plan on taking 1 pick to the draft

Good news about cat B rookies. Wilson might get a chance to play, depending on how he’s tracking. He was ineligible to play this year because Madgen was taking up the only LTI spot.

I’m pretty sure the Suns would be happy to do that. They’re trying to get points for their academy crop next year. Issue is it puts us back to square one in regards to points for Daicos.

Makes him The Big Cohuna
paul-newman-the-sting.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got rid of a guy with 5 years left on his contract. Can you show me another club that did that?

What difference does it make how many years he had left on his contract? We tried to interest him in a move last year before he signed the extension. We can only assume the extension was to help manage TPP which is the thing you’re suggesting we can’t do.

I'm thinking of bringing out my own line of Xmas bon bons with dad jokes.

I want to get in quick before anyone else does the same thing.

Do we need to have a future pick in each round if we want to trade one of them? Eg. Can we trade a future first and third and still keep 2 second round picks?

So move high paid players on the Rookie list and get 2 players to fake season injuries ( Thomas & C Brown ) and get them back on the main list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s only Cat B rookies that need to be elevated now.

Edit: what Apex said....

I think we will carry a squad of 42 that includes 4 rookies - Keane, Beams, Tohill, Wilson.

Beams for cap reason to include some of his payout outside the cap.

If Appleby is delisted then I think Collingwood should look at a DFA to replace him. I expect only 4 selections to be used at the draft.

1. De Goey
2. Quaynor
3. Grundy
4. Elliott
5. T. Brown
6. Langdon
7. Noble
8. Pendlebury
9. Beams (Cat A Rookie)
10. Adams
11. Cameron
12. Mayne
13. C. Brown
14. Greenwood
15. Sidebottom
16. Roughead
17. Thomas
18. Crisp
19. Daicos
20. Kelly
21. Murphy
22. Moore
23. Appleby or DFA
24. Hoskin-Elliott
25. Wills
26. Bianco
27. Rantall
28. Sier
29. Maynard
30. Howe
31. Ruscoe
32. Mihocek
33. Tohill (Cat B Rookie)
34. Magden
35. Lynch
36. Cox
37. Keane (Cat A Rookie)
38. Wilson (Cat B Rookie)
39. Pick 14
40. Pick 16
41. Pick 65
42. Pick 70

Last edited:
I like the idea of Savage, beautiful kick, would release Crisp into the middle full time.

Not a patch on Crisp defensively though with the variety of roles he can and does play down back.

I think we will carry a squad of 42 that includes 4 rookies - Keane, Beams, Tohill, Wilson.

Beams for cap reason to include some of his payout outside the cap.

If Appleby is delisted then I think Collingwood should look at a DFA to replace him. I expect only 4 selections to be used at the draft.

1. De Goey
2. Quaynor
3. Grundy
4. Elliott
5. T. Brown
6. Langdon
7. Noble
8. Pendlebury
9. Beams (Cat A Rookie)
10. Adams
11. Cameron
12. Mayne
13. C. Brown
14. Greenwood
15. Sidebottom
16. Roughead
17. Thomas
18. Crisp
19. Daicos
20. Kelly
21. Murphy
22. Moore
23. Appleby or DFA
24. Hoskin-Elliott
25. Wills
26. Bianco
27. Rantall
28. Sier
29. Maynard
30. Howe
31. Ruscoe
32. Mihocek
33. Tohill (Cat B Rookie)
34. Magden
35. Lynch
36. Cox
37. Keane (Cat A Rookie)
38. Wilson (Cat B Rookie)
39. Pick 14
40. Pick 16
41. Pick 65
42. Pick 70
Noble is still a rookie until the end of next year.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back