Strategy Annual club focus group no.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all.

I am working with the club to arrange another focus group. It will be next Wednesday 6:30 at the club. Food and drinks provided.

room to be advised depending on Covid restrictions.

Im looking for 6 participants. Ideally I‘D like a few members who have been effected in either a financial or work capacity and obviously some those that haven’t. This is to help with diversity of experience sharing.

The club takes this session seriously and wants to receive constructive feedback good or bad. Last years sessions provided a lot of value to the administration.

please send me a DM if you are interested in being one of the 6. Some new participants are welcome.

Hello all.

I am working with the club to arrange another focus group. It will be next Wednesday 6:30 at the club. Food and drinks provided.

Im looking for 6 participants. Ideally I‘D like a few members who have been effected in either a financial or work capacity and obviously some those that haven’t. This is to help with diversity of experience sharing.

The club takes this session seriously and wants to receive constructive feedback good or bad. Last years sessions provided a lot of value to the administration.

please send me a DM if you are interested in being one of the 6. Some new participants are welcome.
Well done, Rick.

Last year’s focus group was a turning point.

EternalOptimist

Debutant
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hello all.

Terrific news Rick and the club has responded encouragingly and consistently to the group feedback we provided last year. I think Richo and CD are a big part of that.

From my perspective, in particular there is much improved club performance in the areas of PBs, captaincy, refocused branding towards football, and focus on member views.

The coaching while not replaced as perhaps we would have liked back then, has certainly been addressed somewhat by growing the overall coaching group, and playing to individual strengths. A happy, improving and committed playing group is evidence of this I think. Importantly on field is looking very positive. As REH said recently, we also were given some in confidence feedback about Ollie at the meeting and this has also held up in the light of the recent performance and then re-signing.

Thanks for organizing. I think it was very valuable to also see the active listening by Richo at the meeting and the tangible response. His subsequent elevation is no surprise.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1. We want you to focus on premierships
2. All staff decisions need to be made with 1 in mind
3. We want to fight to wear the prison bars as often as possible
4. We are fine with leaving the SANFL
5. We still want the father son eligibility rules changed, even if it never nets as a father son via the SANFL players. Its not too late, it's the principle.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm interested!
Obvioulsy PB's focussed, but would laso like to know what the different contingencies are for next season.
Surely there is a plan a,b and c for crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Media - how do we correct the anti-port bias in the local media?

Honestly, the anti Port stuff is comical these days. It really doesn't bother me. Ch 7, the Advertiser and 5AA, cater to their dying off boomer audience. We continue to make gains on and off the field whilst they burn to the ground.

Not sure 6 people telling them the SMA are campaigners and beer prices are too high will lead to anything constructive.

I see you are under estimating the intellect of some supporters. Good thing you don't want to come with that attitude. There was alot of intelligent conversations from the supporter base last year

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly, the anti Port stuff is comical these days. It really doesn't bother me. Ch 7, the Advertiser and 5AA, cater to their dying off boomer audience. We continue to make gains on and off the field whilst they burn to the ground.
I agree 100%.

In fact the incongruence it creates between media hype and reality actually makes us look better and the Crows worse.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And what Financial wizardry was born out of last years event?

You would have to ask the power brokers at the club. They found it very insightful to assist the club in numerous ways. Considering we just went through the most unprecedented times in AFL history I think the club did well

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
1. We want you to focus on premierships
2. All staff decisions need to be made with 1 in mind
3. We want to fight to wear the prison bars as often as possible
4. We are fine with leaving the SANFL
5. We still want the father son eligibility rules changed, even if it never nets as a father son via the SANFL players. Its not too late, it's the principle.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
It's the vibe!

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not a fan of us leaving the SANFL, but appreciate I'm in the minority.

A proper analysis of the pro's and con's of SANFL vs AFL reserves should be discussed including reconsideration of zones, finals limitations, Victorian influence on all decisions, even a reintroduction of an underage side in the SANFL and SANFL broadcast rights.

Back