Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well.

He doesn't owe the fans a farewell message and if he's gutted it's understandable.
Met Jasper a few times. He's a very quiet, introverted but friendly person. Loves his greyhound, partner and family. I think he would be doing it very hard right now because of the situation the hub has put him in before he lost his career.

Met Jasper a few times. He's a very quiet, introverted but friendly person. Loves his greyhound, partner and family. I think he would be doing it very hard right now because of the situation the hub has put him in before he lost his career.

Good to hear he was as I'd have expected. Feel for him, you want players to buy into what we're about and he did. Sucks that it's ended so quickly.

I'll back the club right now but really hope we know what we're doing.

IMO these hubs have ended a number of careers for players at many clubs as well as strained relationships. Losing would have bought out any underlying issues and magnified them living under the one roof. Some might even say fast tracked the inevitable.

The bar has been set.

One thing is for certain: Shaws will not accept any player ever making another skill error. The problem with setting such a standard is that by midway through round 3 2021, every North Player will have been delisted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his first year at Port Adelaide he presented elegant and well written appraisals of preseason preparations.
He is highly intelligent and perceptive.

He may even be a good coach in the future.

But for now I hope he takes up the written format of sports journalism. There is surely a place for him there, considering the dross that currently occupies that space.

In his first year at Port Adelaide he presented elegant and well written appraisals of preseason preparations.
He is highly intelligent and perceptive.

He may even be a good coach in the future.

But for now I hope he takes up the written format of sports journalism. There is surely a place for him there, considering the dross that currently occupies that space.

Yep good post Larry.

Despite his eccentric look he is very articulate.

Thinks deeply unlike the usual "one game at a time", "we respect our opponent highly" etc etc that is drilled into players from Day 1.

Heard one heard them all.

Jasper is different. He speaks in a manner to think for himself.

In any case I wish him the best on what path he chooses.

Stuffed if I know but the post by Snake wasn't without merit at the time. I recall thinking the same at the time but overall I wasnt happy he, Maj, Walker, Higgins etc were all played out of position.

He's not an AFL standard forward & appears to no longer be an AFL standard defender.

He was played out of position because he was a liability in the back half.

He's not an AFL standard forward & appears to no longer be an AFL standard defender.

He was played out of position because he was a liability in the back half.

His age and poor year really hurt him. As did a few others delisted.

If he was 22 it might be different plus Brady had a fresh look and ideas.

Pittard & X-Factor in the same sentence.

Is this what constitutes expert footy analysis?

Pffft, you have to live down the L-Mac call for the rest of your life.

You don't get to call out anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of those delisting you predict expert?

Oh yeah zero, we aren’t rebuilding.

Ayden Kennedy best flanker in the waiting.

Crocker a gun so just wait.

Dom Tyson a star in waiting to "grind".

Etc.

Use those with this clown as literally embarrassing calls.

Ayden Kennedy best flanker in the waiting.

Crocker a gun so just wait.

Dom Tyson a star in waiting to "grind".

Etc.

Use those with this clown as literally embarrassing calls.

I tell you one thing, I'm 100% more interested in reading posts that take an optimistic take on our players than people that constantly s**t can and judge them harshly.

This sort of posting is teenage crap that nobody cares about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back