List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't think we should make list decisions based on the potential fortunes of the Magpies, at least not outside of top-ups who aren't on our AFL list.

I really don't think we should make list decisions based on the potential fortunes of the Magpies, at least not outside of top-ups who aren't on our AFL list.

It's not necessarily about 'the fortunes of the Magpies'. Leaving Georgiades one out as our only key forward in the ressies isn't good for his development either.

Ideally the reserves structure should mirror the seniors structure. That benefits the seniors as well. Players who are stepping up to the seniors shouldn't suddenly find themselves playing a completely different structure to what they're used to.

Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's not necessarily about 'the fortunes of the Magpies'. Leaving Georgiades one out as our only key forward in the ressies isn't good for his development either.

Ideally the reserves structure should mirror the seniors structure. That benefits the seniors as well. Players who are stepping up to the seniors shouldn't suddenly find themselves playing a completely different structure to what they're used to.
With us pretty set for tall backs in our reserves, wouldn’t be surprised if Goldsack plays up forward for structure.

Stevros

Senior List
Jul 9, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I still don’t think constable has resigned with Geelong I’d definitely take him on with boak and rotcliffe not having long left

I still don’t think constable has resigned with Geelong I’d definitely take him on with boak and rotcliffe not having long left

Constable is contracted.

Forget about picking up players for the Magpies.

Port and crows cannot pick up sanfl supplementary list players who have been on an AFL list in the past 2 years. Apart from marquee players I suppose.

Haven’t we committed to Goldsack who was on an AFL list 2 years ago?

He's a marquee player, I assume those are still allowed.

We will have to attract some kids who miss out on the draft this year.

Exactly this. Also what happens if an injury happens? We'd have zero key forwards in our SANFL side and would be wasting weeks and weeks of potential development by bombing the ball to short people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing too inviting on that list. And because of sanfl rules we can't invite any out to the Magpies as a trial.

Guess we'll just have to poach them off other sanfl clubs if they show good form ;)

North delisted Ed Vickers-Willis.

I have no idea who he is, but who is left on their list?

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
North delisted Ed Vickers-Willis.

I have no idea who he is, but who is left on their list?

They have only delisted 12.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Connor Ballenden has been delisted by Brisbane. (to be rookied but not put straight on the rookie list?) I haven't seen much of him but utility tall forward / back ,/ ruck who some people seem to rate.

Hinge is going to the Crows. I dont mind him but he isnt a need for port.

Connor Ballenden has been delisted by Brisbane. (to be rookied but not put straight on the rookie list?) I haven't seen much of him but utility tall forward / back ,/ ruck who some people seem to rate.

Hinge is going to the Crows. I dont mind him but he isnt a need for port.

Ballenden is such an odd one. Went into his draft year as a serious shot for pick 1, then had a nothing draft year and has done nothing since.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Is he still allowed to play in Magpies with rule changes?
We can only have one "marquee" player, but I assume we can pick up any other player(s) that has/have not been on an AFL list for two years.
If Goldie dropped off Collingwood's list at the end of 2018 (so didn't play AFL in 2019 and 2020) then I assume we can play him as a top up player?
Maybe we can take players from State Leagues around Australia, as I saw nothing in the rules that forbade us from selecting them!

We can only have one "marquee" player, but I assume we can pick up any other player(s) that has/have not been on an AFL list for two years.
If Goldie dropped off Collingwood's list at the end of 2018 (so didn't play AFL in 2019 and 2020) then I assume we can play him as a top up player?
Maybe we can take players from State Leagues around Australia, as I saw nothing in the rules that forbade us from selecting them!

The $20/game we are allowed to pay them will bring them running :p

Gold Coast has signed Jacob Townsend.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ballenden is such an odd one. Went into his draft year as a serious shot for pick 1, then had a nothing draft year and has done nothing since.

I remember watching him and skinner playing this year mainly for supercoach reasons! Ballenden did nothing. Skinner looked okay then made one terrible mistake and never played again!

Gold Coast has signed Jacob Townsend.

Another 4 club player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back