Free Agency/Trade Period 2020 - Oct 30th - Nov 12th

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
That's better. We won trade week according to HPN.

zu5l12b0swy51.jpeg

Brackets

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
If Treloar was a FA, would anyone rate the Dogs as the clear winners? His addition to a team whose strength was already their midfield, such that they have quality mids already spending large periods up forward, is overstated.

Someone like Hunter will likely see their output diminish, and they'll be doing well not to lose someone next year.

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
If Treloar was a FA, would anyone rate the Dogs as the clear winners? His addition to a team whose strength was already their midfield, such that they have quality mids already spending large periods up forward, is overstated.

Someone like Hunter will likely see their output diminish, and they'll be doing well not to lose someone next year.
Players like macrae hunter lipinski liberatore dunkley will lose out. They will have a lot of bench space taken up by midfielders and if they play two rucks they’ll struggle if they lose KP to injury.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Dogs will shift mids to rotate through the flanks, Bont will spend more time forward

If they stumble, it will be due to a lack of genuine spine players, especially support for English
I see Treloar spending time on the outside, wing HHF. Bont forward a bit, as you said. Sold Wallis on playing forward and he did a really nice job so, I see more flexibility in their attacking game via savy team selections.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Cant see how this trade stacks up and the afl should reject this as its only a points boost for Fremantle
56 + 63 for 2021 #65+

Once you start talking about swapping picks in different drafts, the whole points thing goes out the window I reckon.

Adelaide have two late picks they probably won't use this year, so flip them for a single late pick they may use next year.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Once you start talking about swapping picks in different drafts, the whole points thing goes out the window I reckon.

Adelaide have two late picks they probably won't use this year, so flip them for a single late pick they may use next year.
Agreed but the trade must hve some balance, specially when 1 of the teams have a requirement for points (freo)
Crows will finish bottom 3 and freo will bbe higher next year but the trade looks to favor freo by 300 points

If t was for Freo's 3rd rounder that would make alot more sense and balanced

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Cant see how this trade stacks up and the afl should reject this as its only a points boost for Fremantle
56 + 63 for 2021 #65+

The reason why we're offloading these picks is because we're not going to have a use for them, but I also think the rule change allowing teams to stockpile points for NGA/FS bids has effectively devalued backend picks this year. A lot of clubs will be looking to trade them to teams needing the points. AFL can't really say much when it's their own doing...

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The reason why we're offloading these picks is because we're not going to have a use for them, but I also think the rule change allowing teams to stockpile points for NGA/FS bids has effectively devalued backend picks this year. A lot of clubs will be looking to trade them to teams needing the points. AFL can't really say much when it's their own doing...
The Afl allowing these picks to be used or the Crows not having a need for them has nothing to do with a trade being reputable and getting the tick from the afl as any other trade needs to. With this trade its clear that freo are gaining points unfairly.

The AFL own rule is being compromised

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
The Afl allowing these picks to be used or the Crows not having a need for them has nothing to do with a trade being reputable and getting the tick from the afl as any other trade needs to. With this trade its clear that freo are gaining points unfairly.

'The Afl allowing these picks to be used....has nothing to do with a trade being reputable and getting the tick from the AFL'

Huh?

This is entirely the AFL's doing. I think the Crows have gotten in early and managed to get SOMETHING out of those picks.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Dockers will claim they need the points to mat bids, while taking other talent

Crows will claim they don't need the picks and are taking a position in a stronger/more transperant draft

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
As far as i can see the crows last pick with points attached now are #40
they also have Academy kids that might need points for matching , What happens now if say picks in the 40's & 50's are bid on them ?

they go into deficit for next year ? Still ask the question

Back