List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Picket played 1 game in 1997 before winning the rising star in 1998.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hmmmm.... I reckon I was there at his first. Played half forward looked like a chook with his head cut off. Its a long time ago now, but I thought it was more than one game.
I stand corrected. Still think Kyron will make it.

Byron Pickett was bloody awful in first games for North. Looked completely lost from memory
Kyron at least took the game on...didn't always come off, but I've got high hopes for him also
[/QUOT

Remember it well LB he was awful,
Spent all day running around, past and under the ball. I confidently turned to the guy I went to the footy with every week and said this guy is a joke and will never ever make it. 🥴

they have had cashflow issues for as long as i remember, right back to the Butters days, Even GoDees have hardly been a financial powerhouse cowtowing to diamond joe. i cant see either of them in any real short term danger, the AFL will prop them up as they do gold coast and GWS.
Yep, 'The Streak' DVD collection wasn't the raging commercial success they expected.

Just saw swans say apparently they planned on rookie listing Robbie Fox all along.

then why didn’t they announce that yesterday? They announced yesterday delisting 4 players and Sam gray to be rookied but made no mention of wanting to rookie fox then

sounds like a backflip to me

I thought Kyron was one of the most frustrating members of the team last year. It's all very well to get the ball, but his delivery/decision making is appalling. Turnovers hurt so much, and he delivered more than Maccas did during COVID.

Perez on the other hand... That one game was one of the most promising things I saw this year. The kid moves beautifully. You can't learn grace under pressure, but he has it.

Byron Pickett was bloody awful in first games for North. Looked completely lost from memory
Kyron at least took the game on...didn't always come off, but I've got high hopes for him also
Played as a forward against Geelong for memory in his 1st or 2nd game. Completely pants by Brad Sholl.

I thought Kyron was one of the most frustrating members of the team last year. It's all very well to get the ball, but his delivery/decision making is appalling. Turnovers hurt so much, and he delivered more than Maccas did during COVID.

Perez on the other hand... That one game was one of the most promising things I saw this year. The kid moves beautifully. You can't learn grace under pressure, but he has it.

Kyron's turnovers stand out more due to position on the ground.

Makes it appear worse and I didn't like him playing so deep tbh as such a young player as it exposes that weakness. (Higgo sprayed the ball all year but you don't notice it as much as play goes on etc)

Perez I agree looks very talented.

Kyron's turnovers stand out more due to position on the ground.

Makes it appear worse and I didn't like him playing so deep tbh as such a young player as it exposes that weakness. (Higgo sprayed the ball all year but you don't notice it as much as play goes on etc)

Perez I agree looks very talented.
One bloke’s also playing for his life and the other bloke was eased in at the end.....nothing wrong with that BTW, but I think people are pretty hard on KH.
Perez also has a leg on him that is thing of beauty. Could end up seriously good.

Agree, turnover king that cost us plenty of goals. His lack of pace and apprehension in making a decision got him run down a few times.

Anyway, lots of people on here believe he will make but I can’t see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, turnover king that cost us plenty of goals. His lack of pace and apprehension in making a decision got him run down a few times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He usually plays mid and can get away with being caught there without it necessarily leading to a goal. I thought he showed good signs but not sure if a true defender or defensive mid... be interested what their plans are there too

Just saw swans say apparently they planned on rookie listing Robbie Fox all along.

then why didn’t they announce that yesterday? They announced yesterday delisting 4 players and Sam gray to be rookied but made no mention of wanting to rookie fox then

sounds like a backflip to me

Probably just foxing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see he was recontracted?

Did you see those delisted?

Might help on how club views Kyron.

Hmmmm.... I reckon I was there at his first.
So was I. I was really excited about his debut. I had a mate who was a huge wrap for him. But you're right. He did nothing. He was quick but couldn't get a touch to save his life. Considering the beast he became in 1998 the irony is delicious. Miss the chopster

Last edited:
Choppy played one game in 1997. Did nothing other than run down a Geelong player.

He looked the Norwich rising start from the 1st pre-season game of the next season.

From memory he challenged for All Oz in his 1st full year.

Never an All Australian was a disgrace!

Better than King at his best imo who has two.

(King was very good too but I'm biased maybe ; )

Really? Damn that didn't come up on the page I read.

Thank you.

Still reckon better than King.....

Picket was better than king in his absolute prime, but King performed over a longer period of time. I guess it’s a case of if you rate longevity over higher quality in a smaller sample. As much as I loved Picket, I think King was better overall.

Similar to Mckernan in a way. He was in the top handful of players in the game from 95-99. He tailed off and wasn’t regarded as highly as others who performed at a high level for longer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back