Toast Farewell and thank you, James Frawley, a premiership hero

Remove this Banner Ad

Really annoyed that he wasn’t given one more year. It’s not like he was completely slowing down.

The thing with delistings is we supporters really don't have all the information to properly justify our feelings. For example, our medicos might have told the list managers that Frawley won't be able to make it through another year.

We just don't know these things, unfortunately.

The thing with delistings is we supporters really don't have all the information to properly justify our feelings. For example, our medicos might have told the list managers that Frawley won't be able to make it through another year.

Perhaps we thought Chip has one more year at best, and Kosi would need at least two more years before comfortably able to hold his own, and Kyle became available as a two year transition option so we took it.

My understanding is that he's struggling with his back. I believe that he has signed with St Kilda to bolster their depth and I don't believe he's expected to be an every week player for the Saints.

One thing we did have when Chip was on our list was a bona-fide key back who could nullify the big power forwards.

Maybe the way the game is being played these days with lower scoring overall and less key forwards kicking bags of goals this is not as critical as before?

Next year will tell either way I guess.

One thing we did have when Chip was on our list was a bona-fide key back who could nullify the big power forwards.

Maybe the way the game is being played these days with lower scoring overall and less key forwards kicking bags of goals this is not as critical as before?

Next year will tell either way I guess.
1606378554174.png

Maybe we do????

Maybe you are correct, he certainly is a big lump of a lad anyway.

What made Chip stand out as a key back for me though was his speed, for a big fella he was very, very quick over 10 meters.

Not sure Hartigan has this ability? Honestly haven't watched enough of him to know either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you are correct, he certainly is a big lump of a lad anyway.

What made Chip stand out as a key back for me though was his speed, for a big fella he was very, very quick over 10 meters.

Not sure Hartigan has this ability? Honestly haven't watched enough of him to know either way.
He doesn't, and Chip hadn't lost that speed that much either. So that is one difference.

Hartigan is a better kick though.

The club also knows how his gps numbers were and can see how much slower players are and how much ground they cover.

It's why we Mitchell and Lewis left we could see the decline in the data in 2015 from many of our players.

My understanding is that he's struggling with his back. I believe that he has signed with St Kilda to bolster their depth and I don't believe he's expected to be an every week player for the Saints.
With him and Carlisle on the list they might still need more depth for injuries.

Im a bit annoyed with our club over Chip.
They retired him when he clearly wasnt convinced he was done.
Why didnt the club just say they werent renewing him?
That seems to be what the true position is.

Would be good to see him in spuds old number at the saints, would be fitting.

I think we as a club don’t need chip anymore but a team like the saints needs him. Great defender but needs to be physically managed in 2021.

We need continuity in our team and back 6 and him playing next year would mean he is out 20-40% of matches creating some issues but in 2022 most likely gone and just another hole to fill.

Im a bit annoyed with our club over Chip.
They retired him when he clearly wasnt convinced he was done.
Why didnt the club just say they werent renewing him?
That seems to be what the true position is.

I'm not entirely sure why you're annoyed. You think the club announced that he retired without him actually informing the club he had actually retired? St Kilda were entirely within their rights to try to talk him out of retirement, and the fact they succeeded doesn't mean that at the time the club announced it, he was actually retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back