List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents

These ******* s**t clubs that keep picking up ******* s**t delisted or retired players that aren't and will never be good enough to shoulder the burden of propping up a young list. I don't get why they don't give more kids a go.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Gold Coast has signed Jacob Townsend.
Why?

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Hoping for the next Jarryd Lyons...er, wait.

Townsend is ok depth for them

Why does a club which has never gotten near the finals in its history need 27 year old 'OK depth'?

These type of footballers are Catch 22's. If you're good enough to compete for a flag, they won't make your side. If you're not good enough to compete for a flag, then you'd be better off playing a kid over them.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why does a club which has never gotten near the finals in its history need 27 year old 'OK depth'?

These type of footballers are Catch 22's. If you're good enough to compete for a flag, they won't make your side. If you're not good enough to compete for a flag, then you'd be better off playing a kid over them.

Step by strep for them - they have to make the 8 then 6 then 4 with their young guns developing - then they can delist the DFAs they have picked up - especially as their list reduces in numbers to the same as the rest of the competition.

How conservative are they. If you want to get off the bottom, be aggressive, set a goal and be ruthless toward achieving it. Giving 27 year olds on their 4th club a list spot it so dumb.

They've even got a massive list to choose from and they're wasting their time on spots for these guys instead of trying to find diamonds in the rough.

Because they can list 437 players

How conservative are they. If you want to get off the bottom, be aggressive, set a goal and be ruthless toward achieving it. Giving 27 year olds on their 4th club a list spot it so dumb.

They've even got a massive list to choose from and they're wasting their time on spots for these guys instead of trying to find diamonds in the rough.

Theyve got two first round talents for free plus pick 5 plus pick 27.

Townsend will be better than their next pick in the 70s

Theyve got two first round talents for free plus pick 5 plus pick 27.

Seems pointless to me, why wouldn't you take a punt on an unknown quantity than a known garbage one?

Seems pointless to me, why wouldn't you take a punt on an unknown quantity than a known garbage one?

Because they have 19 players 20 or under with another 4 to come and Townsend provides a big body who has proven to be able to come in and do a job. You cant just have a list full of kids.

Will he?

Plenty of very good footballers have gone at pick 70 or later. You might only have a 5% chance of finding one of them, but it's better than the 0% chance of Jacob Townsend turning into a gun at his fourth club.

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trengove has called it, I assume he doesnt have any options at AFL level for next year which is a shame. Will always be a port boy.

His message on FB

12 years. 2 clubs. 186 games
There are many people I owe my sincere gratitude to who have supported and helped me along the way - most importantly, my mum and dad, sister, wife and kids. I also owe a special thanks to the coaches that have had a big influence on my career.
To all of the supporters and the volunteers who are the backbone of these clubs - thank you
My AFL career has been full of highs and lows but I have enjoyed the most part of living out what started out as just a boy with a big dream.
I close this chapter of my life with the greatest memories with my team mates who I’ve spent so much of my time with over the last 12 years
Looking forward to the next opportunity in the next phase of my life!
PAFC #12
⚡️
WESTERNBULLDOGS #8
🐶

Back