Prediction Who should we take with pick 2?

Who do you want at pick 2?

• Riley Thilthorpe

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Elijah Hollands

Votes: 111 45.7%
  • Logan McDonald

Votes: 86 35.4%
  • Will Phillips

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Denver Grainger-Barras

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From the HS mock draft:

3. North Melbourne - Logan McDonald (Perth/Western Australia) Forward, 196cm, 86kg

Dan says: Was hoping Adelaide would go for the homegrown talent over McDonald – sure enough, they did. The gut-running tall forward finished second in the WAFL seniors goalkicking, proving he can match it against senior bodies from the get-go.

This guy reminds me of McKernan.

Very mobile once ball hits the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree he looks great around the ground. My one concern after watching his vision + the U17s futures game is whether he is good enough in either a pure ruck or pure key forward role to really excel at AFL level. In the All-stars game he was well beaten by Henry Walsh in the ruck, and there have been question marks over his reading of the play up forward. Being OK at both isn’t a substitute for being elite at one or the other imo

Agree he looks great around the ground. My one concern after watching his vision + the U17s futures game is whether he is good enough in either a pure ruck or pure key forward role to really excel at AFL level. In the All-stars game he was well beaten by Henry Walsh in the ruck, and there have been question marks over his reading of the play up forward. Being OK at both isn’t a substitute for being elite at one or the other imo

Sounds like durdin pre-drafting

I voted for DGB - I think he deserves a bit more attention than what he's been getting compared to the other guys. I've only seen highlights but there's a lot to like in those and I also reckon he might be capable of swinging forward. I've seen him rated number 2 behind JUH in a couple of draft rankings so there's nothing to suggest he couldn't end up being the best player from the open draft. You could argue that we already have a few KPPs but the youngest of these is nearly 23 and seems to have quite different strengths.

I'm not discounting any of the others -Thilthorpe also looks good with multi-positional capabilities - but no harm in "sharing the love".

I voted for DGB - I think he deserves a bit more attention than what he's been getting compared to the other guys. I've only seen highlights but there's a lot to like in those and I also reckon he might be capable of swinging forward. I've seen him rated number 2 behind JUH in a couple of draft rankings so there's nothing to suggest he couldn't end up being the best player from the open draft. You could argue that we already have a few KPPs but the youngest of these is nearly 23 and seems to have quite different strengths.

I'm not discounting any of the others -Thilthorpe also looks good with multi-positional capabilities - but no harm in "sharing the love".
DGB is dominating men as an under 18yr old. He is very good, if north had traded tarrant then we'd 100% be after him.

Never, ever, EVER take an 18 year old key defender thinking you can maybe turn him into a forward. You'll waste at least 5 years of his development before you figure out what his junior coaches already knew. And then you'll spend the rest of his career trying to resurrect him as a defender.

Never, ever, EVER take an 18 year old key defender thinking you can maybe turn him into a forward. You'll waste at least 5 years of his development before you figure out what his junior coaches already knew. And then you'll spend the rest of his career trying to resurrect him as a defender.

To be fair, I chose the term "swinging forward" deliberately to mean he would be a defender first and could potentially play a role forward occasionally but I can see how the point could be misinterpreted, since I didn't mention his obvious strengths like intercept marking that would obviously be more useful in defence or behind the ball. Maybe I could have said "pinch hit". There's no way I'd develop him as a forward but I do think he offers a bit more versatility than, say, McDonald. And if he's considered best available then I don't see why he'd be overlooked, especially if the Crows pick Thilthorpe.

I hope we split 2 for more picks.

That's just me though as I can't see any guarantee on any of them on vids I've watched today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not asking were to see them asked you who re watched again to make you come up with your thoughts. Not difficult.

Sorry I misread your post, my apologies.

I just watched the packages and probably think Hollands.

However Durdin's packages looked great too so who knows really.

He was rotated forward a few times whilst playing WAFL, he's an all-rounder.

Been reported that they already made us an offer and we rejected it.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

If GC really want two we need to bleed them dry for it otherwise we simply take one of the big keys. Personally, from what I've seen I really like Phillips as he seems the type that would wear the blue and white stripes with pride.

Back