2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By playing Hardwick up forward, it’ll allow Wingard to play in the midfield.
Wingard would be better switching with JO'M from the midfield.
60 Mid = Wingard (40 JO'M)
60 HFF = JO'M (40 Wingard)

If any of our BP players have the physical attributes to play pressure forward then it's Frost.

Doesn't mean he could though as physical attributes don't directly translate to onfield performance... but I'd much rather see Frost in a FP than Hardwick.

*don't want this to happen of course, because we need him as BP
Kicking doesn't appear to be good enough for mine.

Kicking doesn't appear to be good enough for mine.
Yeh agreed, but pressure forwards aren't picked for their kicking skills. He wouldn't be a lead/mark forward. He'd be a tackle hard/raise Hell forward - probably give (create) 2 or 3:1

Yeh agreed, but pressure forwards aren't picked for their kicking skills. He wouldn't be a lead/mark forward. He'd be a tackle hard/raise Hell forward - probably give (create) 2 or 3:1
Yeah, but the best pressure forwards are those who put pressure on defensively (as you outline) and offensively (i.e. are a danger when the ball hits the deck/goes into the forward line). If you're only bringing half the skill set it doesn't make you as dangerous, and means that opposition teams can zone off more easily.

Derek Eggolesse Smith from the tigers.

small defender who's a pretty good kick/solid distributor.

Surely worth a look at, probably better than a lot of what you'd pick up late in the draft.
He’s doesn’t fill the most pressing need but he’s young and in my view better than players retained on our list. I could see him being a best 22 player for us. Worth a look. Someone will pick him up

Did anyone light it up for us this year?
That wasn't the context of the comment. Brant suggested he didn't light it up up forward this year, and I was suggesting he'd had a bad year generally and so his forward performance shouldn't be judged on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn't the context of the comment. Brant suggested he didn't light it up up forward this year, and I was suggesting he'd had a bad year generally and so his forward performance shouldn't be judged on that.
Yeh, either that or it wasn't me that made the comment about his not lighting it up

even for having a bad year Dimma was more consistent than half of our regular 18~22

shows you how garbage this season was
I feel like of all the people that will prove 2020 was an aberration for them, he'd be one of the most likely, along with Impey

This in particular.
I think some players (from all clubs) are being judged harshly and unfairly based on a season that was all over the shop and was far from being and an indication of the capabilities of some players.

Chris Doerre (Knightmare) has listed his best DFA targets.
Connor Ballenden a young Key Defender from Brisbane looks the type we need.

See the source here:

See the source here:

We usually pull the trigger on DFAs pretty quickly. Surprised we haven't announced one yet. Maybe we aren't looking at any DFAs?

See the source here:

Savage and Birchall rate higher than anyone we discarded this year (unless you count chip) ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back