Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Kristof don't be a sheep.
Watch him for yourself.
He will get the best out of himself, being 3-4 cm too short won't matter.
Apparently Borlase has a long wing span ....long arms compensates for height, and unlike Hartigan, Borlase plays upright and is strong thru his core, so he holds position well

Last edited:
Apparently Borlaise has a long wing span ....long arms compensates for height, and unlike Hartigan, Borlaise plays upright and is strong thru his core, so he holds position well

It'll compensate for 2-3 cm. It won't compensate for 5+ cm, which is what Borlace will be giving up as a key defender.

Borlaise needs a running Coach to improve his 15mtr sprints .....a couple of AFL pre-seasons will add some pace too

The negative on Jack Steele at GWS was his pace, and he did struggle like Keays .....but IMO Steele looked anything but slow this year .....and I hardly saw pace being discussed in reference to Keays

Give Borlaise a couple of years ......he's no slower than Rutten when he was drafted

Lot of extra tall athletic forwards these days, no doubt Borlase showed decent improvement this year but I think some are getting a bit carried away as to where he sits in this draft.

Max King, Harry McKay, Ben King, Tom Lynch etc

I've got him at 25.
Supporters will luv him because he gives everything for the team.

Now that is a hilariously out of touch comment.

Supporters only care about who are good to very good footballers, not "who will give it all" their team. If they cared about that even a little bit, McHenry, Kelly and Mackay would be fan favourites and not maligned (and in some cases, heavily).

Now that is a hilariously out of touch comment.

Supporters only care about who are good, not "who will give it all" their team. If they cared about that even a little bit, McHenry, Kelly and Mackay would be fan favourites and not maligned (and in some cases, heavily).

If supporters are going to love him, Borlace needs to be an elite footballer.

This is a pathetic post.

Obviously I think he is a good player.

This is a pathetic post.

Obviously I think he is a good player.

Not at all. Your reasoning for that statement was shithouse. To the point it could not be further from the truth.

Now if you said fans would love Borlace because he's a good footballer, I'd agree with that. I have queries about Borlace being a tweener, though how he's responded to this season and quelled any worries I have about quality.

It'll compensate for 2-3 cm. It won't compensate for 5+ cm, which is what Borlace will be giving up as a key defender.
This is true .....but IMO there's other factors, like playing tall and leap versus the 2 feet jumper

If he was even 3-4 cm taller, demand for Borlase would be a lot greater IMO

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he gets his info from recruiters. Closer it gets to the draft the more accurate he is with his draft predictions

bit like last year when he had us taking Massey a day or 2 before the draft
No he doesn't - he's just a young guy who wrote quite prolifically on the internet. He's not a professional journalist; I imagine that ESPN page would pay the smallest amounts possible for those articles.

Kristof don't be a sheep.
Watch him for yourself.
He will get the best out of himself, being 3-4 cm too short won't matter.
Yeah.

I have.

No one who has watched him and who is analysing this draft class has him anywhere near a top 30.

Look - someone might do a Hamish and go really early on him, especially in such an odd year.

But consensus has him from 50 onwards. Feel free to find ANYTHING that agrees with you and disagreed with me. Anything.

Yeah.

I have.

No one who has watched him and who is analysing this draft class has him anywhere near a top 30.

Look - someone might do a Hamish and go really early on him, especially in such an odd year.

But consensus has him from 50 onwards. Feel free to find ANYTHING that agrees with you and disagreed with me. Anything.
GWS is the only team I can see reaching for him with Corr gone and Davis in his twilight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back