List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes faulty in the current rules.
But he is already thinking like Beatson's proposal, to have the option of pass and have/get the next pick.

Go easy on andleanback...... it would be difficult to do a phantom draft of a club not closely followed.

He ought have considered thought ....why are Swans trading back (the order) and gaining accumulating points?
But it is just FANTASY- eg imho no way McDonald slides to #4

The Sydney academy cream are 'worth their weight in rocking horse sh*t' !
Even if they get 3 yrs work experience elsewhere first ;)
Whyalla was early teens, so no too bad, won a flag with Centrals under 15's, Red and White team colors no less, same as Warooka was. The Southern Yorke Penisula league merged a while back to make it basically a full Yorke Penisula League. Soutern eagles was all the SYPL teams combined essentially. Claim to fame I played with Jamie Tape of Richmond and Collingwood fame at Edithburgh in mini and colts, most of the Tape brothers played there, pretty sure Simon, Jamies brother played SANFL too, Tapes were a big family. Fond memories running out for the Peckers..

I was really just conjuring excuses.

Its a small world sometimes.

I have family still at Warooka (formerly inhabitants of Inneston/ Stenhouse Bay - they made the 'big move' LOL)

I didn't find it easy to do similar. (The clock fwd 20 yrs thing and less personal harsher interaction)
After most of my life in Sydney (no longer) I still find Adelaide like a big country town and sometimes even get pick up the different culture /sense of humour
just by reading Crows or Port BF board. LOL!

But as a SA person you will know and appreciate the esteem that is placed on any State Junior captain? I have high hopes

Thanks for posting that, interesting. You would have played some tough footy at Whyalla! :thumbsu:
i guess I should point out I was born in Sydney, my mum was from Kangaroo Island Dad from NSW, so a round trip back to my bithplace.

His performance in the Grand Final for Port says otherwise

14 months ago? Geeze even Tippett had good games.

Dont know whether the bloke was training, playing or dieting for a debut with the seniors or as an updated model of Michelin Man.

dude he wasnt even that fat then.

it was at hawthorn when he was fat and he had a good quarter

That's the one get those two GF’s wrong all the time probably because I didn’t watch much of them

Swan Districts defender Denver Grainger-Barras responds to Sydney Swans link

Jordan McArdle
The West Australian

Boom WA draft prospect Denver Grainger-Barras can “definitely” see himself slotting in seamlessly at Sydney if he’s snapped up with pick three, but would be grateful for an opportunity anywhere.

The Swan Districts intercept-marking machine has been linked with the Swans’ top pick since season’s end, with veteran recruiter Matt Rendell predicting the club will swoop on him.

Grainger-Barras, who models his game on champion defenders Alex Rance and Jeremy McGovern, is seen as a potential replacement for Port Adelaide-bound Aliir Aliir in Sydney’s back-six.

“I’d be grateful for any opportunity but I feel like Sydney is an amazing club that I could definitely see myself slotting in fairly seamlessly,” Grainger-Barras told The West Australian.

“If Sydney were to give me an opportunity, I’d be extremely grateful and you can guarantee that I’d dive into that experience head first really.

“In terms of whether I go pick three, four, five, six or anything lower, it doesn’t really matter to me.

“I think the important thing is that you get given the opportunity and regardless of what pick you are, you’re going to put the exact same amount of attention and effort into it.”

Grainger-Barras has been in the top-five draft mix since his stunning national under-18s carnival as a bottom-ager, where he helped WA to their first title in a decade.

The 18-year-old was rewarded with a league debut at the Swans soon after before he sustained a season-ending shoulder injury.

The 194cm talent bounced back this year to play every game in the seniors, something he feels will hold him on good stead for his goal of playing AFL in his debut season in 2021.

“I feel like I need to put on a lot more weight to be able to hold up against a lot of today’s AFL forwards,” Grainger-Barras said.

“But a massive goal of mine would be to debut next year and to then hold my spot. Getting there is one thing, but to stay there is the other part.

“I’ve definitely got challenges and goals that I want achieve but playing senior footy this year for Swan Districts has helped me in terms of the physicality and understanding the areas of my game in order to hold up at the highest level.”

Grainger-Barras has loved the experienced of meeting with AFL recruiters, with nearly every one of the league’s 18 clubs getting in touch.

Hawthorn premiership mastermind Alastair Clarkson and Carlton coach David Teague are among the senior coaches to have jumped on the Zoom calls, likewise with new Sydney assistant Don Pyke.

David Teague was a ripper of a bloke, he even passed on his number just in case I wanted to pester him a little bit more but I haven’t had the balls to call him yet,” Grainger-Barras said.

“I also met Don Pyke who’s going to be at Sydney as an assistant coach, he was previously at Adelaide so I was asking him about the challenges he faced there.

“I use all these little opportunities to gain as much knowledge as I can, I find it extremely rewarding.”

No it’s pick 23 that’s where the bid comes because that’s the amount of points it’ll cost to match. As was discussed in the phantom draft thread before the draft I decided I wouldn’t match anything under 25, as I felt that exceeded guldens worth. Also discussed about my targets it wasn’t only just neale, although he was my number 1 choice (I can see him going in the 30s on draft night). Some of my other targets were Trew and Pedlar as inside mids or Conor Stone as a hybrid forward mid.
I like the look of Trew. JPK thighs. Wouldn't mind having him, but we aren't going to.

I'd be stoked if we got Neale somehow, pre-draft trade wise seems like we are all set up to take Gulden though.
And agree on Neale going in the 30s, there are a few clubs looking for developing ruck - not the least of which is us - our cupboard is bare for proper ruck depth.

I like the look of Trew. JPK thighs. Wouldn't mind having him, but we aren't going to.

I'd be stoked if we got Neale somehow, pre-draft trade wise seems like we are all set up to take Gulden though.
And agree on Neale going in the 30s, there are a few clubs looking for developing ruck - not the least of which is us - our cupboard is bare for proper ruck depth.

Trew is under-rated AF. He's one of a number of mids I rate on par with, or better than, McDonald & DGB - Trew, Perkins, Macrae, and our very own Campbell.

But always said that talls don't have to show as much to earn hype.

Swan Districts defender Denver Grainger-Barras responds to Sydney Swans link

Jordan McArdle
The West Australian

Boom WA draft prospect Denver Grainger-Barras can “definitely” see himself slotting in seamlessly at Sydney if he’s snapped up with pick three, but would be grateful for an opportunity anywhere.

The Swan Districts intercept-marking machine has been linked with the Swans’ top pick since season’s end, with veteran recruiter Matt Rendell predicting the club will swoop on him.

Grainger-Barras, who models his game on champion defenders Alex Rance and Jeremy McGovern, is seen as a potential replacement for Port Adelaide-bound Aliir Aliir in Sydney’s back-six.

“I’d be grateful for any opportunity but I feel like Sydney is an amazing club that I could definitely see myself slotting in fairly seamlessly,” Grainger-Barras told The West Australian.

“If Sydney were to give me an opportunity, I’d be extremely grateful and you can guarantee that I’d dive into that experience head first really.

“In terms of whether I go pick three, four, five, six or anything lower, it doesn’t really matter to me.

“I think the important thing is that you get given the opportunity and regardless of what pick you are, you’re going to put the exact same amount of attention and effort into it.”

Grainger-Barras has been in the top-five draft mix since his stunning national under-18s carnival as a bottom-ager, where he helped WA to their first title in a decade.

The 18-year-old was rewarded with a league debut at the Swans soon after before he sustained a season-ending shoulder injury.

The 194cm talent bounced back this year to play every game in the seniors, something he feels will hold him on good stead for his goal of playing AFL in his debut season in 2021.

“I feel like I need to put on a lot more weight to be able to hold up against a lot of today’s AFL forwards,” Grainger-Barras said.

“But a massive goal of mine would be to debut next year and to then hold my spot. Getting there is one thing, but to stay there is the other part.

“I’ve definitely got challenges and goals that I want achieve but playing senior footy this year for Swan Districts has helped me in terms of the physicality and understanding the areas of my game in order to hold up at the highest level.”

Grainger-Barras has loved the experienced of meeting with AFL recruiters, with nearly every one of the league’s 18 clubs getting in touch.

Hawthorn premiership mastermind Alastair Clarkson and Carlton coach David Teague are among the senior coaches to have jumped on the Zoom calls, likewise with new Sydney assistant Don Pyke.

David Teague was a ripper of a bloke, he even passed on his number just in case I wanted to pester him a little bit more but I haven’t had the balls to call him yet,” Grainger-Barras said.

“I also met Don Pyke who’s going to be at Sydney as an assistant coach, he was previously at Adelaide so I was asking him about the challenges he faced there.

“I use all these little opportunities to gain as much knowledge as I can, I find it extremely rewarding.”

He ticks all attitude boxes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I picked for Sydney in the bigfooty phantom draft. Just wanted to go through my selections

- At Pick #3 I placed a bid on JUH - it was matched obviously
- Pick #4 I took Logan Mcdonald
- At Pick #7 I matched a bid on Braeden Campbell (kid will be a jet)
- At Pick #23 a bid was placed on Gulden which I did not match, believing there are other more pressing list needs that the swans have which could be filled at my later picks.
Pick #42 I took athletic ruckman from South Fremantle Shannon Neale (202cm), hes raw but could be something special with his athletic trait’s and also his football ability. Can play key forward and is known for taking big contested marks.

Pick #60 I took James Borlase a tall defender who is an Adelaide nga but they were finished for the draft, so he was open market. Great competitor and elite contested intercept marker, he’s the type of player who will thrive at Sydney with the bloods culture.

Overall I think ive addressed some list needs that the swans have and got the swans 4 very good players.
Cheers

I like your reasoning but that is just pure insanity to pass on Gulden at pick 23.

Maybe (and it’s a 5% maybe) if we had not shuffled picks for points before the draft we would consider it.

But there is not a snowflakes chance in hell we are walking into the draft with the picks we have now and passing on Gulden at 23.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Other Clubs knew the score.

Charlie Corporate stuffed up. It is understood the intern who follows communications from the AFL missed the memo. The intern who btw operates one of the Club's BF accounts (believed to be Tedeski ) was busy chewing the almond croissant crumbs left by Charlie).

What part of a timeline don’t you understand?

Other clubs didn’t publicly announce their delistings until Wednesday so they were aware of the new rule.

Other clubs who publicly disclosed their delistings before the AFL announced the change early in the evening on Tuesday were in the exact same situation and then took advantage of the rule change to directly rookie list their delisted players they intended to redraft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This appear to be where we are at pre draft.

I have put 3 draft picks on the list as we will probably draft 3. Who exactly they will be will be determined on draft night.

With Fox and Gray now on the Rookie List it takes our list total to 42.
We can have a maximum list size of 44. So it will be probably 2 more rookies.

We still have the wild card E Taylor who is due to be sentenced on 6-dec I believe. Unsure what that means for our list. Is he kept or paid out. Who knows.

Picture1.png

I have put 3 draft picks on the list as we will probably draft 3. Who exactly they will be will be determined on draft night.

We still have the wild card E Taylor who is due to be sentenced on 6-dec I believe. Unsure what that means for our list. Is he kept or paid out. Who knows.

View attachment 1019350
Spot on Bear. We can take these last two as either Cat A rookies or seniors as we have reached the minimum 37 seniors. $ says we rookie but we don't HAVE to.

View attachment 1019350

Is Bell definitely on the main list now?

Spot on Bear. We can take these last two as either Cat A rookies or seniors as we have reached the minimum 37 seniors. $ says we rookie but we don't HAVE to.
I was led to believe we could have a min of 36 on the main list. I could be wrong. As long as the total list size is at least 37. Like I said I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back