Perfect long term relationships that go sour

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the most cynical point of view I've read for quite a while. Luckily, it's not been true in my experience.
Look it is cynical and life is far more nuanced. No it's not true of all women. All women are different as are men.
No going on a GD style rant but you simply can not deny money and resources play a role in women's attraction to men. This is biology. Do you have the resources to support me and the baby? Now while some women don't want kids already have them etc it is still what drives 90%+ ofthe sex drive. The need to reproduce.with the best mate. the other 10 been type personality style etc imo
And the court system is stacked against men (which some not all women exploit)
Add to this fact that men don't have many contraception options and it's no wonder there are issues

Look it is cynical and life is far more nuanced. No it's not true of all women. All women are different as are men.
No going on a GD style rant but you simply can not deny money and resources play a role in women's attraction to men. This is biology. Do you have the resources to support me and the baby? Now while some women don't want kids already have them etc it is still what drives 90%+ ofthe sex drive. The need to reproduce.with the best mate. the other 10 been type personality style etc imo
Add to this fact that men don't have many contraception options and it's no wonder there are issues

It was more the blanket statement about women being incapable of loving men and instead are only capable of loving economic output. Women aren't shareholders, they're people. Making definitive sexist statements doesn't help anyone, least of all the miserable person making them.

I was pretty disillusioned by relationships after my marriage of 17 years broke down and my ex went cray cray alienating me from my kids and financially crippling me for a time. I tried to date and simply couldn’t make a connection. Then the house next door to me went up for sale and the “girl next door” moved in. She’s my best friend with similar values and outlook on life and family. I’ve been with her for 6 years And can’t imagine life without her. I’ll be popping the question soon (something I swore I’d never do again)

people are people. Arseholes are arseholes. It’s not gender specific

I hope all of you find happiness in some way, shape or form even if it’s purely within yourself (which you need to have to share with anyone else)

I was pretty disillusioned by relationships after my marriage of 17 years broke down and my ex went cray cray alienating me from my kids and financially crippling me for a time. I tried to date and simply couldn’t make a connection. Then the house next door to me went up for sale and the “girl next door” moved in. She’s my best friend with similar values and outlook on life and family. I’ve been with her for 6 years And can’t imagine life without her. I’ll be popping the question soon (something I swore I’d never do again)

people are people. Arseholes are arseholes. It’s not gender specific

I hope all of you find happiness in some way, shape or form even if it’s purely within yourself (which you need to have to share with anyone else)

All the best mate- hope it all works out.

It was more the blanket statement about women being incapable of loving men and instead are only capable of loving economic output. Women aren't shareholders, they're people. Making definitive sexist statements doesn't help anyone, least of all the miserable person making them.
I agree not all women are like that and my original post wasn't worded properly but having said that I have seen it many times in my life but I've also seen good women who aren't out for that. Yes they are people and so are men who continually get destroyed by the court systems etc. I don't appreciate being labelled miserable, as you have no idea what is going on in my life or what my other ideas and beliefs are. Each person is entitled to their own opinion, whether it be right or wrong.

I agree not all women are like that and my original post wasn't worded properly but having said that I have seen it many times in my life but I've also seen good women who aren't out for that.

You gotta admit tho women cop it on here (and by here I mean BF in general, as well as this thread the past few pages) and to be pretty honest I get really sick and tired of it. As a woman.

But i guess thats my opinion, i am entitled to, whether it be right or wrong.

You gotta admit tho women cop it on here (and by here I mean BF in general, as well as this thread the past few pages) and to be pretty honest I get really sick and tired of it. As a woman.

But i guess thats my opinion, i am entitled to, whether it be right or wrong.
Yep and in the real world men and women cop it. Men cop it in the justice systems and im real sick and tired of that. But hey thats life.

I have no direct experience with the justice system/family courts- i mean i dont have a family. So it's not my place to really comment, unless a specific post/scenario comes up.

And of course if someone does have a horrible story, im all sympathetic for them- its s**t. I dont go on some "i hate all women" rant tho because of it.

I have no direct experience with the justice system/family courts- i mean i dont have a family. So it's not my place to really comment, unless a specific post/scenario comes up.

And of course if someone does have a horrible story, im all sympathetic for them- its sh*t. I dont go on some "i hate all women" rant tho because of it.
well im not sure if you are referring to me because that's not the case and i explained i worded my original post wrong. Apologies if i offended you or anyone else

I get sick and tired of people judging an entire gender . Personally I’ve been treated like total garbage by some men, manipulated, cheated on, left to bring up a child on my own, do I think all men suck? No! I think there are nice men and crap men, nice women and crap women. Stop labelling an entire gender ffs . There ARE nice people out there. I’m one of them and I WILL find a nice man one day, I just have to be patient. In the meantime I’m concentrating on me and being the best version of myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More nuanced is the correct way of looking at it. It's not as simple as 'women chase money'. Of course some do, as some men do. I'd have it more the following:

Until the last 30-40 years women were expected to marry and if 'all the good men' were already snapped up, they had to settle for the dregs. Or face societal shame. This has obviously changed (a good thing). Now (most) women will only marry (or hook up for a serious relationship), if they feel their potential partner is worth it. This obviously hits a bunch of guys that in previous generations would have gotten the 'desperate' are now without partners. Hand in hand with removing that 'you must marry' pressure was women moving into the workforce in more numbers and increasingly into tertiary education more than men.

Unsurprisingly there's a lot of people who want to have a long term relationship with someone at what they consider a similar level - education, earning potential etc. You put more women then men in tertiary education and women less likely then men to cross the tertiary / non-tertiary boundary (I make no comment on whether this is a good or bad thing), then you're going to end up as a consequence more women at the 'top end' who can't (/won't) find partners to their standard and more men at the 'bottom end' who can't find partners full stop.

I think this is compounded by men's poor lifestyle choices in many instances. Men drink more, smoke more, take drugs more and there are more men that are overweight / obese then women. This makes it clear (and as a male speaking here less than impressed by many of my fellow males) that there are more 'unfit for most people' men out there then 'unfit for most people' women. Now some of this is (some) women look down on men who aren't those making these poor choices, but don't have a degree like them, that would make good partners, but I place a lot more of the 'blame' on the 'can't find someone who suits me / can't find someone full stop' afflicting both sexes more on my fellow men. Get in shape, stop taking so much s**t, lose weight, look to improve yourself and I bet a large portion of them would find things looking up. It's much easier for too many to become Incel's and blame society though.
[/Endeth the sermon]

More nuanced is the correct way of looking at it. It's not as simple as 'women chase money'. Of course some do, as some men do. I'd have it more the following:

Until the last 30-40 years women were expected to marry and if 'all the good men' were already snapped up, they had to settle for the dregs. Or face societal shame. This has obviously changed (a good thing). Now (most) women will only marry (or hook up for a serious relationship), if they feel their potential partner is worth it. This obviously hits a bunch of guys that in previous generations would have gotten the 'desperate' are now without partners. Hand in hand with removing that 'you must marry' pressure was women moving into the workforce in more numbers and increasingly into tertiary education more than men.

Unsurprisingly there's a lot of people who want to have a long term relationship with someone at what they consider a similar level - education, earning potential etc. You put more women then men in tertiary education and women less likely then men to cross the tertiary / non-tertiary boundary (I make no comment on whether this is a good or bad thing), then you're going to end up as a consequence more women at the 'top end' who can't (/won't) find partners to their standard and more men at the 'bottom end' who can't find partners full stop.

I think this is compounded by men's poor lifestyle choices in many instances. Men drink more, smoke more, take drugs more and there are more men that are overweight / obese then women. This makes it clear (and as a male speaking here less than impressed by many of my fellow males) that there are more 'unfit for most people' men out there then 'unfit for most people' women. Now some of this is (some) women look down on men who aren't those making these poor choices, but don't have a degree like them, that would make good partners, but I place a lot more of the 'blame' on the 'can't find someone who suits me / can't find someone full stop' afflicting both sexes more on my fellow men. Get in shape, stop taking so much sh*t, lose weight, look to improve yourself and I bet a large portion of them would find things looking up. It's much easier for too many to become Incel's and blame society though.
[/Endeth the sermon]
This is all very true. But at the same time men aren't robots. The frustrations and substance abuse issues men face are born from a place of pain and frustration.
It can be a hard gig. Men are expected to perform 24/7 and it gets exhausting.
Now while women have their own issues (which are very real) I think men get as you put it get unimpressive because we are people to. Everyone wants to feel valued and accepted but if we are constantly in a boxing match to get by its no wonder some say * it and go haywire

May I ask how you proposed? Just curious.
Probably on the boat with the ring inside a fish she had to gut

:D
Pretty much this 🤪

I had a Dinner planned at a nice restaurant we love going to but the night before we had some family dramas and we had to cancel dinner. It was doing My head in so I popped the question here at home Sunday morning. Turned out to be pretty unromantic but she is very happy and making all sorts of plans.

Pretty much this 🤪

I had a Dinner planned at a nice restaurant we love going to but the night before we had some family dramas and we had to cancel dinner. It was doing My head in so I popped the question here at home Sunday morning. Turned out to be pretty unromantic but she is very happy and making all sorts of plans.

Simple can be the best.

As long as you didnt do a public one, ie. big screen or in front of family, or a stupid af flash mob (would be horrified if someone did that to me)- all good imho.

Simple can be the best.

As long as you didnt do a public one, ie. big screen or in front of family, or a stupid af flash mob (would be horrified if someone did that to me)- all good imho.

Public proposals are disgusting coercion

Public proposals are disgusting coercion

Lol i wouldnt go that far. If you knew your gf well enough and knew she'd 100% love it... thats a bit different.
I just know i ******* wouldnt. Just some rose petals, candles, (cliched I know), down on one knee. That'd be enough for me.

Just need the guy :thumbsupv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back