Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
2 things.

You'll be genuinely shocked in a couple of weeks.

And

If we think Thilthorpe lasts til 9, then we aren't picking McDonald at 1.

You're a bit like Sam McClure, you throw so many darts that every now and then you hit the board
Not at all.
Tilly won't go before 9, how is that throwing many darts?

Just stop
Dude so you even know Cox and Reid?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is zero chance RT is there at 9.

Cal Twomey is still talking about RT being in the mix for Pick 1 and knows more than what the clubs are planning bar the clubs themselves.
Thilthorpe lasting until 9 is like the idea of getting pick 2 for Brad.

I'm hopeful right up to when it doesn't happen and then I remember I follow the Crows. Stuff like that just doesn't happen for us.

The Hately situation is our win for the last 5 years and the next 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it comparable to the fogarty situation? Expected to go top 3 most of the year and the 2-3 weeks before draft he just plummeted down draft rankings and I wonder how far he would've fallen if the crows weren't around at that stage?

You could be right but this is not a normal year and the player's that have been exposed with games whilst Victoria was shut down will have an advantage.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Of course it'll have consequence.

Weird statement.
Multiple posters here worrying about him being undersized. I’m saying it won’t matter when we see the player he will be.

Nothing weird about it. Quite a logical sequence of posts if you spend the one or two seconds it takes to process them.

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guarantee you he goes before Tilly.
Reid is 50-50.

Are you just taking the piss or are u serious. Tilly will go 1, 2 or 4 tops. If and big if he makes it to Essendon pick 6, and they prefer Cox ( highly unlikely ), we should be on phone to Essendon, swapping 6 for 9, with some sweetener. But it won’t happen. Not a chance in hell. Now take that to the bank.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Essendon will surely pull the trigger
Lets play along with the Thilthorpe at #9 .....think we can say, one of Reid, Cox, and Thilthorpe will be available at #9

I'm struggling to see Cox play a KP .....maybe a roaming CHF , but looks more a flanker

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Multiple posters here worrying about him being undersized. I’m saying it won’t matter when we see the player he will be.

Nothing weird about it. Quite a logical sequence of posts if you spend the one or two seconds it takes to process them.
Ohhhh you're trying to be clever.

He's 191cm, maybe he'll max out at 193. If he's going to play as a 3rd tall he'll need to add a bit of mobility and pace to his game. He's very unlikely to be big enough to play KPD.

He's got footy smarts in spades which will help, but he'll need them to play in the AFL.

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
crows are under pressure with pick 1 with amount of players have left club recently. I think pick 1 will either be Thilthorpe or Hollands knowing there would be no go home factor. From reports Hollands is keen to play for the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back