Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think if hollands hadnt done a knee he would be the clear no. 1.

we do need another forward though and good ones dont grow on trees.
That's pretty much where it sits, and most experts have said as much, except for Knightmare.

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think if hollands hadnt done a knee he would be the clear no. 1.

we do need another forward though and good ones dont grow on trees.

I agree with you, and I think we will take Thilthorpe with the 1st pick however:

Modern football is different, who wins the grand final: Martin or Lynch?

And to be honest will we have capability to get a FA forward in when our window is there

I'd rather Hollands and Cox over Thilthorpe and O'Driscoll

Lets play along with the Thilthorpe at #9 .....think we can say, one of Reid, Cox, and Thilthorpe will be available at #9

I'm struggling to see Cox play a KP .....maybe a roaming CHF , but looks more a flanker

bit of Westhoff about him?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I can't see him ever being big enough to play KP either, but the lad can run !!!
He's put on 8kg since those pics of him that were circulating last year., tipped the scales at 87kg at last month's Combine. Going to be a unit when he stops growing. Kicked 4 goals playing forward in one game last year as well. He'll play KPP at AFL level eventually no worries. With his speed and leap I think he's every chance tp play KPF down the track.

2020 Nikolas Cox
1606472244497.png

2019 Nikolas Cox
1606472330331.png

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bombers have Cody Brand who shapes late first early second as a tall. Don’t see them taking 2 talls at 6,7,8. So if TT gets through to Bombers I think both Cox and Reid would be available

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They do need a lot of talls, but you'd think Perkins is in their sights and maybe Phillips if he get there

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He's put on 8kg since those pics of him that were circulating last year., tipped the scales at 87kg at last month's Combine. Going to be a unit when he stops growing. Kicked 4 goals playing forward in one game last year as well. He'll play KPP at AFL level eventually no worries. With his speed and leap I think he's every chance tp play KPF down the track.

2020 Nikolas Cox
View attachment 1019444

2019 Nikolas Cox
View attachment 1019447
The issue with that is he'll probably need close to another 10kg.

That's a hell of a lot of weight to put on and of course who knows if his frame can handle it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I agree with you, and I think we will take Thilthorpe with the 1st pick however:

Modern football is different, who wins the grand final: Martin or Lynch?

And to be honest will we have capability to get a FA forward in when our window is there

I'd rather Hollands and Cox over Thilthorpe and O'Driscoll
Martin now but in 5 years time who's to say the game style doesn't change. And of course Richmond already had Martin when they went and got Lynch.

West Coast won a GF in a different way, the Dogs won one after an out of the box half by a tall forward.

Horses for courses

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Martin now but in 5 years time who's to say the game style doesn't change. And of course Richmond already had Martin when they went and got Lynch.

West Coast won a GF in a different way, the Dogs won one after an out of the box half by a tall forward.

Horses for courses

Had Martin before they got Lynch.

My point 👍

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Had Martin before they got Lynch.

My point 👍
I'm not sure it does.

They felt they needed another tall, and so do we.

I think the thing that people are overlooking is the fact next year looks loaded with midfielders, and we are likely to feature prominently at the pointy end again.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The issue with that is he'll probably need close to another 10kg.

That's a hell of a lot of weight to put on and of course who knows if his frame can handle it.
Never stopped Dustin Fletcher from being a champion KPD who was an absolute string bean when drafted.

1606473417153.png

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Fog was not being spoken about as being in pick 1 contention, 2 weeks from the draft by the most knowledgeable draft guru in the country.
Yep, after his champs he wasn't seen in that light by anyone, not even SA journos

Still a mild surprise he got to us.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not at all.
Tilly won't go before 9, how is that throwing many darts?

Dude so you even know Cox and Reid?

I like that you show no ambivalence so it seems you are in the know.
I hope you are right and TT gets through to 9 - would be our luckiest draft moment in 20 years. I would be comfortable taking him at 1

Unfortunately I think you like the attention and arguments and your opinion won’t be worth much in a week or so. Still we can hope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Never stopped Dustin Fletcher from being a champion KPD who was an absolute string bean when drafted.

View attachment 1019465
True, but you're talking about one of the greats of the game

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another thing:

Jackson Callow is a Jack Gunston that will slide to the 2nd round.

2 years from now I'll bet anyone that this kid will be talked about as a huge Smokey.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Best midfielders would be;

Campbell
Hollands
Phillips
Perkins

Due to Hollands knee and Campbell tied to the suns watch how quick Phillips gets selected
Swans*

And yes he's a gun, I'd happily draft him.... Then see him walk home in 2 years

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
There is zero chance RT is there at 9.

Cal Twomey is still talking about RT being in the mix for Pick 1 and knows more than what the clubs are planning bar the clubs themselves.
One can only hope his 1 and a half hour meeting with Nicks was along the lines of "look Riley, at the crows we love a good Riley, we want you, we also want Hollands, we want you to play in a team with a bona fide match winner, so FFS do a Bailey Smith and tell those maggots you will come back to SA at the first opportunity, then we can take you both"

🌈

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
One can only hope his 1 and a half hour meeting with Nicks was along the lines of "look Riley, at the crows we love a good Riley, we want you, we also want Hollands, we want you to play in a team with a bona fide match winner, so FFS do a Bailey Smith and tell those maggots you will come back to SA at the first opportunity, then we can take you both"

🌈
If only

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yep, after his champs he wasn't seen in that light by anyone, not even SA journos

Still a mild surprise he got to us.
Twomey had him at #7 in his rankings after the Championships if I recall and Hunter Clark who was my pick for us that far out from the draft at #13, unfortunately Hunter Clark was moved into the midfield by the Stingrays after the Championships and lit up the Tac Cup as it was known then and eventually went to the Saints at #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back