Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I like that you show no ambivalence so it seems you are in the know.
I hope you are right and TT gets through to 9 - would be our luckiest draft moment in 20 years. I would be comfortable taking him at 1

Unfortunately I think you like the attention and arguments and your opinion won’t be worth much in a week or so. Still we can hope

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thanks for the reply and giving me more attention 😁

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
not when he's playing in the backline lol.
I don't think he'll stay there, but also I'm not sure it matters.

I'd like to think we won't be bottom in 2 years time so unlike Hately we are going to have to trade and the Suns will want everything we have.

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope you are right and TT gets through to 9 - would be our luckiest draft moment in 20 years. I would be comfortable taking him at 1

Unfortunately I think you like the attention and arguments and your opinion won’t be worth much in a week or so. Still we can hope

The club has to pick Holland’s pick 1 and hope Thilthorpe slides. They may even look at the Glenelg lad with a second pick.

Brett Cummings

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

I thought we were lucky when we got fogarty. he was projected to be top 6.

No way FAITH is in the know, as no one would know what the 6 clubs with a pick prior to pick 9 will do.

It's very unlikely none would rate RT worth taking with their pick inside the top 8... particularly Essendon with 3 picks.

The only way we could land him if we don't take him with out 1st pick would be to move our pick 9 up the order.

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is it logical ???

If Luko continues on the current trajectory, it's going to cost an absolute fortune in 2 years time.

And if any key forward that turns out top quality won't cost a fortune.

It's not so much about cost but more about ability to attain.

Hardly an argument

Troy87

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cox will go to essendon tough.

I genuinely hope Hamish doesn't pick Tilly at 9 and takes best available.
Would gain huge respect amongst the recruiting world.

There will be melts in South Australia though.
What are you talking about. If Thilthorpe falls to 9 he would be best available. Stop trying to be so different your now looking foolish. Thilthorpe will not go outside the top 5 fact.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
And if any key forward that turns out top quality won't cost a fortune.

It's not so much about cost but more about ability to attain.

Hardly an argument
Not cost as in money, cost as in draft and player collateral. He'd come home for less money.

I hope he's keen to come home but I've got my doubts

Atypical7

Debutant
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not cost as in money, cost as in draft and player collateral. He'd come home for less money.

I hope he's keen to come home but I've got my doubts

List building will always be a risk. But risk is the nature of the industry.

Have faith, we haven't hit rock bottom too many times and historical we haven't picked too bad.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
He's put on 8kg since those pics of him that were circulating last year., tipped the scales at 87kg at last month's Combine. Going to be a unit when he stops growing. Kicked 4 goals playing forward in one game last year as well. He'll play KPP at AFL level eventually no worries. With his speed and leap I think he's every chance tp play KPF down the track.

2020 Nikolas Cox
View attachment 1019444

2019 Nikolas Cox
View attachment 1019447
Is his nickname twigs?

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are you talking about. If Thilthorpe falls to 9 he would be best available. Stop trying to be so different your now looking foolish. Thilthorpe will not go outside the top 5 fact.

More than likely pick 1. We are starting to build SA flavour, hately, Hinge and now tilthorpe. Gosh people r going to melt, but I don’t know why ?

Going to be a gun, and all recruiters know it, be picked in first few. Cal said as much, as scout said as much saying his phone been ringing hot by recruiters about RT.

Why because he is special

202 cm 100 kg perfect for afl day 1
quick for size
endurance beast,
great contested mark , crash packs , we so desperately need
good below knees on ground for big guy
good footy IQ
versatile-forward, chop out ruck, ruck as fourth midfielder, and could possibly even play wing
And he is a homegrown talent.

The most important thing that he said in cal interview on road to the draft

+ He is a true forward that can be second ruck up forward
These types are like hens teeth to find, and to find one the quality of thrillthorpe v rare.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
More than likely pick 1. We are starting to build SA flavour, hately, Hinge and now tilthorpe. Gosh people r going to melt, but I don’t know why ?

Going to be a gun, and all recruiters know it, be picked in first few. Cal said as much, as scout said as much saying his phone been ringing hot by recruiters about RT.

Why because he is special

202 cm 100 kg perfect for afl day 1
quick for size
endurance beast,
great contested mark , crash packs , we so desperately need
good below knees on ground for big guy
good footy IQ
versatile-forward, chop out ruck, ruck as fourth midfielder, and could possibly even play wing
And he is a homegrown talent.

The most important thing that he said in cal interview on road to the draft

+ He is a true forward that can be second ruck up forward
These types are like hens teeth to find, and to find one the quality of thrillthorpe v rare.
Not sure thst he is a true forward?

McDonald looks like he has natural forward craft however RT looks like he is still developing his forward craft

With that said I agree RT is the more versatile player

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back