Opinion What is your opinion about the club not signing Luke Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

You should've stopped after your first sentence.

This isn't, and has never been about Mackay

Nah, in part it is.

After all, Mackay takes up one of the 42 list spots and was out of contract.

We still might pick him up, who knows? The father son discount is good in the first couple of rounds but beyond that it doesn't matter. Given that Tyson has problems with us nominating Jackson, believing that this turned other clubs off him in the main draft, just let the nomination go and stick to our talent list.

If he's there where we want, pull the trigger. If he gets somewhere else, good luck to him.

His father was a great player for us, and I hope Luke gets picked up.

I don't have any problems with us not picking him up because we don't rate him that highly

However I do have a problem with us choosing one year of Mackay over him, especially if he does get drafted to another club. If anyone is drafting him, it should be us with a free hit, especially instead of Mackay
Gee... what a surprise. Scorpus bitching & moaning about Mackay not being delisted. That's never happened... in any thread... at any time in the last 10 years...

Get a new record, this one's broken.

Nah, in part it is.

After all, Mackay takes up one of the 42 list spots and was out of contract.
It's really not. It was never a case of Mackay vs Edwards, it was Mackay vs unknown late round draft pick in a season where 60% of the field hasn't played a game all year.

There's 2 ways of looking at this:
  • Edwards was never part of the equation, in deciding to keep Mackay.
  • The decision to keep Mackay had nothing to do with the decision not to select Edwards.

Gee... what a surprise. Scorpus bitching & moaning about Mackay not being delisted. That's never happened... in any thread... at any time in the last 10 years...

Get a new record, this one's broken.
I've never complained about Mackay until now

That's different to what the lad himself said. Said he was disappointed not to have been nominated by Adelaide but he was happy to go anywhere to play AFL footy. I think the main reason was with us taking only 4 certain picks they didn't have him inside that range on their board.
I can see him at North. They have plenty of list spots and will be making selections in the range. My money is on him being picked up by the Roos.

Not in this thread you haven't. Only in 20,000 posts, in 5,000 threads, scattered across this entire board, over the last 10 years.
Trust me, this is the first time I've ever complained about Mackay on this forum in any thread. Think you might have the wrong person

Trust me, this is the first time I've ever complained about Mackay on this forum in any thread. Think you might have the wrong person
Nah he really doesn't

Won’t be picked up in the National Draft, outside chance of a gig in the Rookie Draft.

A good, solid player who does most things competently. We just don’t have a need for this type moving forward.

I hope he gets picked up as seems like a decent kid.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm happy the club doesn't feel pressured in picking up a f/s that they don't rate - which was obviously the case with Jarman.

Also disappointed that we don't finally have a f/s player worth drafting after the initial hype last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could've traded out players, we could've delisted Ben Davis and paid out his tiny contract, we didn't have to re-contract others.

This decision wasn't made in the last 2 weeks. We've got enough half backs who we can't fit in already.... So sure let's add one more.

One being MacKay
Macca had a good year but could easily have been delisted every year for the last 5-6
Let’s see who goes at 40 and beyond. Some phantom drafts I have seen had Maher and other promising types in that mix
MacKay is a clear reason why we don’t get that player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am glad we didn't pick him up just for his name.

After all the crap we went through with Jarman it's good we learned our lesson (incidentally a few people here need to pay up on the bets we made about if he'd ever play a game at AFL level).

Good move by the club.

That's different to what the lad himself said. Said he was disappointed not to have been nominated by Adelaide but he was happy to go anywhere to play AFL footy. I think the main reason was with us taking only 4 certain picks they didn't have him inside that range on their board.
Yeah my opinion is purely conjecture. I think that's how he feels now, but I think the messaging since the prior delisting of his brother because of the perceieved lack of interest due to the the committement by the crows would've been a factor in the decision.

If he's good enough... someone will pick him ... doesn't look like he's good enough... best of luck to him though .. his dad will always be a legend of the club

Who's game to guess what club Luke will end up at....knowing Graham Wright and Clarko's liking for players with composure, ability to read the play and efficient disposal I'll have a stab and say Hawthorn who have plenty of picks and holes to fill.

Who's game to guess what club Luke will end up at....knowing Graham Wright and Clarko's liking for players with composure, ability to read the play and efficient disposal I'll have a stab and say Hawthorn who have plenty of picks and holes to fill.

If the worst club in the league doesn't want a free hit father son who's been around the club for years as an academy member, then surely no other club would pick him

I don't think they want that, it's why Tyson thought Jackson fell to a rookie selection. They want either a hard guarantee or nothing.
So the question is though do you think the club made the correct decision or perhaps will they regret the decision???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back