Who is your club's Maradona - past or present

Remove this Banner Ad

Maradona had his issues but I don’t recall him ever being in any criminal trouble...unlike those he is being compared to.

Except for the suspended sentence for shooting journalists with an air rifle and suspended sentence for drug possession and supply and various drug suspensions from football for c cocaine and ephedrine.

Scott McMahon

Not my club but Gary Ablett Snr so similar to Maradona it isn't funny.

Amazing player but also a rather awful human being with a lot of scandals.
Maradona had his flaws, but he looked after his family and contributed to many charaties especially childrens charaties .
He was loved by all in the football world as a player and person, yes even wirh his addictions and his playboy lifesyle in Italy.
Your wong about Abletsnr very similar at times on his own won games for geelong but big difference Maradona won heaps of sylverwear

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend, his life is the stuff of movie scripts.
He's the ultimate anti-hero.

I obviously will never condone some things he did, but overall those things can for the most part be overlooked when summing him up because of the how much joy he gave to so many others during his life (just imagine being an Argentinian alive in 1986....how good that man made an entire nation feel....ditto for Napoli....and then too milder degree, just lovers of sport)
He was a cheeky cunning guy who lived a dodgy life, but I don't think he ever wished ill upon anyone.
Look at where he came from to get to where he got.

Maradona had his flaws, but he looked after his family and contributed to many charaties especially childrens charaties .
He was loved by all in the football world as a player and person, yes even wirh his addictions and his playboy lifesyle in Italy.
Your wong about Abletsnr very similar at times on his own won games for geelong but big difference Maradona won heaps of sylverwear

maradona had at least 8 children with a bunch of different women, some of whom he denied paternity of for decades

thats not looking after your family

Childhood memories of crying as it was the first time I felt the despair of being really cheated.

And let’s face it, this is right at the top of the cheating tree. Olympics & Football World Cup are the pinnacles of world sport. To cheat to defeat an opponent who you have just been at war with will always play badly with them.

Maradona will always be viewed through that prism in British eyes.

None coz Marasnorter was a soccer player not an AFL player. But whoever the drug pigs and wife beaters are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back