The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get that but I don’t think there’s any malice in that phrase. Think it’s just people causing a fuss as always.
I think it was unnecessary at this time and shits people a bit that such an incredible career and people keep referring to this one incident

Just following from discussion on Europa thread, I think both euro tournaments need to be re formatted. You want group stages to be best 16. Look at current CL, a number of groups already decided. Europa group stage is boring as all hell with too many poor teams.

So CL - top 8 seeds straight into 16 team group stage

Next tier of 8 into last qualifying round.
32 teams then play knockout, top 8 join second 8 for final round of 16 knockout

Then group stage begins. Having 16 group makes far more interesting games and closer qualification battles.

Just following from discussion on Europa thread, I think both euro tournaments need to be re formatted. You want group stages to be best 16. Look at current CL, a number of groups already decided. Europa group stage is boring as all hell with too many poor teams.

So CL - top 8 seeds straight into 16 team group stage

Next tier of 8 into last qualifying round.
32 teams then play knockout, top 8 join second 8 for final round of 16 knockout

Then group stage begins. Having 16 group makes far more interesting games and closer qualification battles.
You aren’t going to like this...

Huge win for Alaves over Real Madrid. Courtois with a massive mistake.

I reckon that Mariano is Real Madrid’s version of Jesse Lingard but even worse. Every time I watch him play, he gives me the impression that he is the worst player in Real Madrid's history. His final act of the match was to attempt an overhead kick with the defender and a teammate within a centimetre of him and he kicks the defender flush in the face. 😂

Huge win for Alaves over Real Madrid. Courtois with a massive mistake.

I reckon that Mariano is Real Madrid’s version of Jesse Lingard but even worse. Every time I watch him play, he gives me the impression that he is the worst player in Real Madrid's history. His final act of the match was to attempt an overhead kick with the defender and a teammate within a centimetre of him and he kicks the defender flush in the face. 😂

Worse than Faubert / Gravesen? That takes some beating.

Worse than Faubert / Gravesen? That takes some beating.

Faubert a bit harsh as his history shows he only made a couple of appearances on loan. But Gravesen is a very good call, considering he was such a good player for Everton for so long.

Faubert a bit harsh as his history shows he only made a couple of appearances on loan. But Gravesen is a very good call, considering he was such a good player for Everton for so long.

Gravesen's best work at RM was the part he played in Goal 2 living the dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have heaps of players on int duty getting COVID and getting injured in extra games. If most leagues have 5 subs during this congested pandemic ridden season, then so should the prem. Or at least cancel INT football during this pandemic.

We have heaps of players on int duty getting COVID and getting injured in extra games. If most leagues have 5 subs during this congested pandemic ridden season, then so should the prem. Or at least cancel INT football during this pandemic.

They've only just introduced it at our level and I think it's ridiculously unfair on other teams as it makes it even easier for us.

For all Klopps whinging you're coming first so hardly impacting your campaign.

I'm not sure this is on topic or off topic.

Are footballers more religious than the rest of us? There's a lot of them that enter the field by touching the grass then crossing themselves a few times. There's a lot of pointing at the sky after they score a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back