NCAA 2020 - NCAA - Week 13 [Thanksgiving]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow with the game tomorrow called off. Ohio State are 1 more canceled game away from being ineligible for the Big10 championship game.

and who knows what that means for the playoffs.
Hopefully that happens.

I don't understand how the Buckeyes can be ranked #4 anyway. Undefeated, sure. But only 4 wins and nothing particularly impressive about those wins either. Sorry, but it isn't enough. COVID-19 sucks, but it can't be used as an alibi to sneak your way into national championship contention. Bad luck, Buckeyes.

Far too much emphasis is placed on 0 losses compared to 1 loss. Should be more emphasis on wins and the overall quality of performances. Imagine if Clemson were to miss a spot in the playoffs because they lost in overtime to Notre Dame when Lawrence was sidelined. Pfft. None of Ohio State's 4 wins were as good as that loss.

Florida are now 7-1 with good wins over Georgia and Mizzou. Texas A&M will probably be 6-1 after today's game vs the Vols. They beat the Gators and their only loss was to 'Bama. Miami are 7-1 (They lost to Clemson). All three should be ranked ahead of Ohio State.

Cincinnati and BYU are both undefeated with 8 and 9 wins respectively. I'd have them ahead too. Evidently, it's impossible for a team from their conferences to be ranked top 4. I don't know why the CFP committee even bother to rank teams from outside the "Power 5" conferences. A team from one of the lesser conferences could win every game 100-0 and they'll still be snubbed for the playoffs. So even bother with the pretence of ranking them?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back