Opinion Your most treasured North possession

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've also been attending games with the same scarf I bought around 30 years ago. Massive sentimental value as I wore it through the 90's era. Gets washed only after the last game of the season.
Have a lace up guernsey I (my mum) bought in mid 80's and the commemorative 1996 premiership bottle of port which I'm too scared to open and drink now.
A mate also gave me an cotton jumper from the 80's worn by Schimma.

Bugsy Malone

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've also been attending games with the same scarf I bought around 30 years ago. Massive sentimental value as I wore it through the 90's era. Gets washed only after the last game of the season.
Have a lace up guernsey I (my mum) bought in mid 80's and the commemorative 1996 premiership bottle of port which I'm too scared to open and drink now.
A mate also gave me an cotton jumper from the 80's worn by Schimma.
I have the same bottle of port which is signed by Carey. Unfortunately after a big night on the turps I got home and finished that port off... Still got the bottle

I have 2 north melbourne gnomes, 1 named Matty and the other named Peter :) An old Stevo 250 cap, very well worn, and a beanie bear called Stevo Bear :) Amongst other things.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I have;
A signed home 90s jumper yet to be returned and currently in progress.........

Wayne Carey as a wooden Kangaroo 18 on the back of a Harley I got as a kid (about 1995 we guess). Love it! Wayne has lost an ear along the journey of moving unfortunately.

A team of the century drink mat.

A million caps of which I only wear a few.

North beer glasses which I use regularly as the old fashioned handle type with good weight.

And the rest..........

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Bit of a change of pace amongst all the fantastic memorabilia, but mine is just a pretty new training top - from the first year of North’s AFLW team, signed at training by Emma K, Kashy and Mo Hope. The players were all so nice, there were so many excited girls and parents there, it’s a lovely memory, and I was also beside myself to finally go into the Roo Shop and buy women’s footy gear.

My special older possession is a 1999 long sleeved jumper, with #35 on the back (ironed on very hurriedly in my excitement at John Longmire being selected for the GF), and signed some time later by the Horse.

Nice thread, Choppy, and I really hope you get your treasures back asap.

I just remembered I have a set of North Melbourne and a set of Fitzroy postage stamps from 1996.

Remember getting both as we looked like merging and thought they might be collectable. Will have to look for them cause I can't even remember what is printed on them.

Not exactly treasured but I wanna dig them out now.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice thread, Choppy, and I really hope you get your treasures back asap.

Thanks Hearts to hearts.

This sounds strange but wasn't until I moved a month later I realised it (and others) had been taken as was in spare room, so I just assumed still there.....until they clearly weren't.

Stripped the place of all my valuables and hidden them at her parents when i was at work! Very low act imo!

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyway sorry all on personal front so move on!

I also had a 90s Guernsey with the Kangaroo on front.

That I can't blame anyone as I literally have no idea where it went.

I loved it too as used to deliberately piss my mates off as I wore it out (club days) and they were embarassed etc.....haha

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had a '96 Hypertech away jumper stolen out of the back of my car when I lived in Flemington. I still mourn that thing to this day, finding another one is pretty much impossible.
Feel free to enjoy mine!
Still fits but looks like it’s sprayed on!
ps, I bought it new from a sports shop!
E9418C4B-C803-49BC-92DB-FFBC082BC465.jpeg

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Nice one D23D

Mine was a beauty, one of the proper Nike ones with the AFL logo and sponsors printed on the fabric rather than stitched on. Fit like a glove as well.

Anyway sorry all on personal front so move on!

I also had a 90s Guernsey with the Kangaroo on front.

That I can't blame anyone as I literally have no idea where it went.

I loved it too as used to deliberately piss my mates off as I wore it out (club days) and they were embarassed etc.....haha
Was at Tottenham v Wednesday circa 1995 got yacking to a now mate. He was studying to be a doctor and was keen to get to Sydney for some course thing or other in Sports Medicine. I laughed at him and told him to go to Melbourne, obviously being the sporting capital of the world, and he could bunk down at some friends of mine. A few weeks later I bumped into him again at Stamford Bridge and he told me he was going to Melbourne. Very long story short, he got onboard with the mighty NMFC and snagged himself a long sleeved guernsey while he was out here and was proud as punch. I had met this lovely Irish nurse and he had simultaneously met her not quite as lovely mate :-D who became quite attached to my new found best mate. He would bloody wear this thing going out in London to try to piss her off, funny as f@ck. And yes, they did get married!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

A print of the Jamie Cooper oil painting with a list of all the NMFC players 1 (Welles Eicke to 912 (Callum Urch). Its number 66/500

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A print of the Jamie Cooper oil painting with a list of all the NMFC players 1 (Welles Eicke to 912 (Callum Urch). Its number 66/500

Has Urch stolen it yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Urch stolen it yet?
Wasn't it that other fella that was light fingered? Johnny's boy, O'Keefe or something? Allegedly? Makes you wanna shout ;-)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wasn't it that other fella that was light fingered? Johnny's boy, O'Keefe or something? Allegedly? Makes you wanna shout ;-)

Maybe right actually mate.

Sorry Callum but not really.

Maybe right actually mate.

Sorry Callum but not really.
I think he was more into the import export side of acquisition, immsc. Allegedly.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he was more into the import export side of acquisition, immsc. Allegedly.

Not allegedly, he was convicted on that.

Still thought he stole stuff at North but I may be wrong as previous.

Anyway let's see some more merch!

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My daughter has some cool signature stuff from Tas visits and games.

Lindsay Thomas her favourite after club school visits in Hobart a few years back.

She loved him as "so nice"......ha (9yo at time)

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sent a scathing letter, in 1996. It was regarding the proposed merger, with Fitzroy.

5 days later, I received a very detailed response, from Greg Miller.

I got torn a new one. It was fair game, back then. I got smart, then got slammed.

The rest is history.

I will post some pics shortly, I have every north Melbourne football card ever released from 1967 till now....

treasured is an understatement....
Did you keep any that used to be on the inside of the Milo tin labels during the 70's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back