Strategy Who would you take with pick 1?

Who would you select with pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

North rejected the GC offer of 5 and one of their current seconds for 2. We probably wanted their future first instead of the second rounder.
Nobody will give up two first for U18 players . Especially GCS two top 10 first round . All i can said is if you want to believe then a done deal .

Really don't know why Freo haven't tried to trade up to be in a position to draft McDonald a power key forward from WA, whom they have been looking for all these years. I know they are on a points deficit coming into the draft, not really sure if that made it impossible for them to trade up.

Really don't know why Freo haven't tried to trade up to be in a position to draft McDonald a power key forward from WA, whom they have been looking for all these years. I know they are on a points deficit coming into the draft, not really sure if that made it impossible for them to trade up.

I very much doubt Freo have much that could get pick 1 or 2. This years first and next years first would not get it done.

I very much doubt Freo have much that could get pick 1 or 2. This years first and next years first would not get it done.

If only they were able to throw in a handy young player in as well to tempt North (say Cerra, their first this year and next year) ?

North still probably wouldn't do it, but it would be food for thought.

Draft Night would be much more exciting if deals like that were allowed (Like in the NBA)

Think we will get there eventually .

If Collingwood had Pick 1, There would be two options

Trade Pick 1 for Essendon's 6,7,8
or
Use Pick 1 for Logan Mcdonald

Trading down or getting a key forward are pretty much the go-to options for Pies, agreed.

Lions would've gone for Will Phillips or Elijah Hollands.

2020 could be the year of the hyphen, so with that in mind Adelaide if they keep pick 1 should nominate Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and then take the young West Australian key defender Denver Grainger-Barrass with Daniel Talia getting on. The usual GWS Giants exodus has left them in a position of having the picks to trade up and i had the scenario of Adelaide trading 1 & 56 (3,194) for Essendon's 7 & 8 (3,195) thus leaving Adelaide with 7, 8, 9, 22 and 23 perfect for a rebuilding side, but that ship has sailed as Adelaide swapped pick 56 with Freo. Some under exposed diamonds this year so for me the draft has intrigue built into it, it's going to be interesting.
We don't have that many list spots... which is why we have traded for 3 future picks already.

No chance we give up pick 1 for 7 & 8.

Doubt pick 1 is traded unless we get pick 2 or 3... & that is unlikely.

If only they were able to throw in a handy young player in as well to tempt North (say Cerra, their first this year and next year) ?

North still probably wouldn't do it, but it would be food for thought.

Draft Night would be much more exciting if deals like that were allowed (Like in the NBA)

Think we will get there eventually .

Freo would be absolutely mad. That’s a Judd like deal for a literal kid. Cerra would be a worthy top 5 selection in this draft, let alone two additional firsts.

Yes of course, the Crows have shown over the past few years they really care for the welfare of their players past and present. More likely Adelaide being Adelaide is that they just want to be pricks to Bulldogs at the expense of their own draftee.

Doggies are a bunch of whiners though so fun to fire them up

Seriously though JUH is almost universally ranked at 1 so Adelaide should bid on him. No ulterior motive, not trying to make it hard for another club - just makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We don't have that many list spots... which is why we have traded for 3 future picks already.

No chance we give up pick 1 for 7 & 8.

Doubt pick 1 is traded unless we get pick 2 or 3... & that is unlikely.
Yeah that idea was based on a lot of ducks lining up some of which may not even be possible, Ugle-Hagan cancelling his NGA it's never been done from my memory. List sizes were not even finalized before the trade period which was rubbish to say the least plus pick 56 you swapped to Freo and that evened up the points with pick 7 & 8. For a rebuilding side 7, 8, 9, 22 & 23 would of been handy as there is some nice variety available.

Who do you think Adelaide will target with pick 1 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that idea was based on a lot of ducks lining up some of which may not even be possible, Ugle-Hagan cancelling his NGA it's never been done from my memory. List sizes were not even finalized before the trade period which was rubbish to say the least plus pick 56 you swapped to Freo and that evened up the points with pick 7 & 8. For a rebuilding side 7, 8, 9, 22 & 23 would of been handy as there is some nice variety available.

Who do you think Adelaide will target with pick 1 ?
Honestly nfi who we will pick... as there is an argument for all 3.

We will bid on JUH if we believe he is the best player.

Crap year to have the number one pick with so little exposed form and equally crap for any potential bolters who have not had a chance to bolt.
It's just been a strange year all round!

Hopefully we get our pick selection right, but you are correct it comes with more risk this year with a lack of games to fully evaluate

Doggies are a bunch of whiners though so fun to fire them up

Seriously though JUH is almost universally ranked at 1 so Adelaide should bid on him. No ulterior motive, not trying to make it hard for another club - just makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have the Crows ever had a number 1 pick? Surely they want to welcome a top player into their club rather than say well actually you were our second choice. Welcome!

Have the Crows ever had a number 1 pick? Surely they want to welcome a top player into their club rather than say well actually you were our second choice. Welcome!

Actually it helps take the pressure off the crows draft pick in my view. The whole "second choice" is a myth anyway. Didn't affect Petracca getting selected after Heeney bid or I can list 10 other academy/NGA bids similar to that one.

Actually it helps take the pressure off the crows draft pick in my view. The whole "second choice" is a myth anyway. Didn't affect Petracca getting selected after Heeney bid or I can list 10 other academy/NGA bids similar to that one.
Petracca was pick 2 behind McCartin at pick 1 and Heeney was pick 18 and the reason the system was changed.

Heeney was nominated with pick 2 by Melbourne and Sydney got to use their next pick to match. Syds have cleaned up with academies.
Not after that they changed the system, Callum Mills did not go pick 18 did he.

Back