List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonie is not selfish. Where does this BS come from?
From the Adelaide game where he took a shot on goal from a free kick deep in the pocket. It was the wrong side for a left footer and the prevailing thought was Lonie was selfish for not letting right footer, Gresham, take it instead.

Lonie was dropped for the next game and it was decided he was only dropped because he was selfish and not because he only had something like 2 effective disposals.

And he hasn't been able to shake the selfish tag ever since despite not doing anything that really warrants that tag.

Bell has Alabakis covered in all aspects ....suprised with the release of Bell myself .

Big Sam had a contract already for next year , could‘nt play in senior team at lower level competition
wasn’t good enough.
I know I have said this a few times, but surely when you play a chunk of the year as the number 1 ruck (as Sam did at Frankston)

Surely an AFL contracted player can manage more then 1 kick ... FOR THE YEAR

But in the AFL world, if you are 170-180cm you get a year or 2 to prove you can play
If you are 197+, you get at least 5 years to prove you cant

Lonie is not selfish. Where does this BS come from?
People finding reasons to kick a player they don't like out of our team. He's done a couple of selfish things over a 5 year career which get highlighted by commentators as they are usually related to goalkicking, but overall he's very team oriented and am excellent trainer apparently. I'm happy he's still with us.

Lonie talk is boring as.

How about we all laugh at Essendon, who at 8pm on friday night told their players they were going to start witholding pay from this month (the one with only a few days left). What an absolute joke of an organisation. I can't believe anyone thought that would be kosher.

Especially funny is Xavier Campbell's obligatory "sorry, not sorry" statement:
"We didn't get the communication right and we own that."
Paraphrased: I wasn't really at fault here, I just sent the email!
And
"I'm disappointed that we didn't consult properly with the players prior, and that is our fault."
Translation: I'm really dissapointed that this has become an issue for me. I expected the players just to take it. Of course I'm regretful this went to the media.

Just beautiful to see.

Edit: link https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...l-after-player-pay-email-20201129-p56iw8.html

Last edited:
Nah i saw it on the field In one game, and then he didn't get a game again for a couple of weeks or more. People on here also noticed it.

If you say its when he took the free instead of Gresh I’ll spew up.

Incorrect umpires call... Roo mentioned something on the commentary & everyone lost the plot.

Its an echo chamber on here with certain topics. Lonie being selfish is #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Adelaide game where he took a shot on goal from a free kick deep in the pocket. It was the wrong side for a left footer and the prevailing thought was Lonie was selfish for not letting right footer, Gresham, take it instead.

Lonie was dropped for the next game and it was decided he was only dropped because he was selfish and not because he only had something like 2 effective disposals.

And he hasn't been able to shake the selfish tag ever since despite not doing anything that really warrants that tag.

It was the umpire’s decision. Lonie ran in to support Gresh & then awarded Lonie the free incorrectly.

Just like the Newnes kick after the siren.

You’re 100% correct that he got dropped because he couldn’t find the ball for a few weeks. The selfish stuff is just nuffy talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonie talk is boring as.

How about we all laugh at Essendon, who at 8pm on friday night told their players they were going to start witholding pay from this month (the one with only a few days left). What an absolute joke of an organisation. I can't believe anyone thought that would be kosher.

Especially funny is Xavier Campbell's obligatory "sorry, not sorry" statement:
"We didn't get the communication right and we own that."
Paraphrased: I wasn't really at fault here, I just sent the email!
And
"I'm disappointed that we didn't consult properly with the players prior, and that is our fault."
Translation: I'm really dissapointed that this has become an issue for me. I expected the players just to take it. Of course I'm regretful this went to the media.

Just beautiful to see.

Edit: link https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...l-after-player-pay-email-20201129-p56iw8.html

Some pure arrogance. Sending the email out on a Friday night too? wtf

Nah i saw it on the field In one game, and then he didn't get a game again for a couple of weeks or more. People on here also noticed it.

The media beat it up on the telecast and I think we probably dropped him for the optics. All coaches love a player taking initiative...unless they * it up. He unfortunately did dumb stuff that cost us, if he'd nailed them he would have been a hero.

The media beat it up on the telecast and I think we probably dropped him for the optics. All coaches love a player taking initiative...unless they fu** it up. He unfortunately did dumb stuff that cost us, if he'd nailed them he would have been a hero.

Unless you're Izak Rankine, then it's always brilliant and "playing true to yourself" or some toss

The media beat it up on the telecast and I think we probably dropped him for the optics. All coaches love a player taking initiative...unless they fu** it up. He unfortunately did dumb stuff that cost us, if he'd nailed them he would have been a hero.

Lonie just doesn't get the kudo's when he plays well but, the silly myths rear their heads when he has an off game.

Selfish pfft. Against GWS, a must win game for us to get into finals, he could have had four goals. scored two, Hill selfishly took his free when he was injured and then after a great tackle Paddy selfishly played on and kicked a goal.

Wow we have a whole bunch of selfish players going off the Lonie myth :rolleyes:

Unless you're Izak Rankine, then it's always brilliant and "playing true to yourself" or some toss
But then again...

There’s Something About Izak 😉

5cSoo9c.jpg

Thanks, that was the game I was trying to say. After he came back he was much better. Which was shown in the GWS game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think if a capable forward isn't at least a little bit selfish, they probably aren't serious about being down that end.

Plugger was selfish ... kicking all those goals for himself ... denying his defender a moment in the spotlight and cutting his team mates out of the goal kicking glory ... I hope King becomes selfish too ... screw the crumbers ... I'd rather he become peak Josh Kennedy (or better) than peak Josh Bruce

Last edited:
I know I have said this a few times, but surely when you play a chunk of the year as the number 1 ruck (as Sam did at Frankston)

Surely an AFL contracted player can manage more then 1 kick ... FOR THE YEAR

But in the AFL world, if you are 170-180cm you get a year or 2 to prove you can play
If you are 197+, you get at least 5 years to prove you cant

How many games do you think he played for Frankston?

Yeah i've seen that quote before. But you are being a dick when you say he played a chunk of the year as number 1 ruck. Yes a really really small chunk.
I think i read somewhere that it was 2 games but could have been 3.

Finally , i'm not sure that delisting a cat 2 Rookie would help us in any way whatsoever, unless we have better prospects to take his spot.
Cat 2 rookie. You want to give him 2 games to prove himself. I'd suggest you don't even think about cat 2 rookies if that's your attitude.
Maybe he's impressed some of the guys in clubland since those two early games with the Dolphins.

BREAKING NEWS
Sydney Swans have parted ways with Elijay Taylor.
Sydney Swans Executive GM – Football Charlie Gardiner said the decision to part ways follows talks with the AFL, AFLPA and Taylor’s management.
“The situation Elijah and the club has found itself in is deeply regrettable. Elijah has made some very poor decisions which have led us to this point, and he acknowledges that,” Gardiner said.
“This is certainly not a position we have arrived at lightly, however Elijah’s actions could not be reconciled.
“It is obviously a sensitive situation and a legal process is still to play out, but in working with Elijah and his management, our collective view was that the right call for both Elijah and the club is to part ways. We have also consulted with the AFLPA and appreciate the support James Gallagher and his team has provided during the process.
“This has been an incredibly difficult situation for Elijah, his family, and those involved. We are keen to see Elijah receive ongoing education and support in the hope that he can mature and learn from this experience, make better decisions in the future, and take steps towards rebuilding his career.”

BREAKING NEWS
Sydney Swans Executive GM – Football Charlie Gardiner said the decision to part ways follows talks with the AFL, AFLPA and Taylor’s management.
“The situation Elijah and the club has found itself in is deeply regrettable. Elijah has made some very poor decisions which have led us to this point, and he acknowledges that,” Gardiner said.
“This is certainly not a position we have arrived at lightly, however Elijah’s actions could not be reconciled.
“It is obviously a sensitive situation and a legal process is still to play out, but in working with Elijah and his management, our collective view was that the right call for both Elijah and the club is to part ways. We have also consulted with the AFLPA and appreciate the support James Gallagher and his team has provided during the process.
“This has been an incredibly difficult situation for Elijah, his family, and those involved. We are keen to see Elijah receive ongoing education and support in the hope that he can mature and learn from this experience, make better decisions in the future, and take steps towards rebuilding his career.”
James Gallagher?

Dafaq? Are there two of them?

James Gallagher?

Dafaq? Are there two of them?
Yes, the GM of player affairs at the AFLPA.

BREAKING NEWS
Would only delist him if he was about to be charged...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back