Toast Welcome to the Saints - JACK HIGGINS!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a bit of a peruse of the stats on the AFL website last night, as one does. I was checking out James Frawley's 2020 stats, they didn't make for great viewing to be honest.

Anyway I thought I'd check out some of our other new players, and Jack Higgins' 2020 stats were quite a surprise! He was ranked as elite in many areas including effective disposals, intercept possessions, kicks and frees for.

Worth checking out, here is the link:

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Discover/CD_I1002227/Higgins-Jack

Based on those stats, in a year he was coming off major surgery, he could be a very shrewd acquisition.
Don’t think you can compare stats of those 2, they work through differing lenses.
Both will give the club and their team mates something next year. Just in different ways.

Don’t think you can compare stats of those 2, they work through differing lenses.
Both will give the club and their team mates something next year. Just in different ways.
Honestly not concerned in the slightest about Frawley, he's a back up role player in an area we really needed. Could be more than that if he can rediscover previous form.

But I'm very excited about Higgins now. He was probably fairly unlucky not to be in that Richmond side, I think we may have just gotten ourselves a steal, and perhaps the idea that he hadn't been able to rediscover previous form, based on stats, is actually a myth. Because stats wise this was his best year. And he was a first round draft pick tracking very nicely.

You have to think that between butler /Lonie /Gresham/billings and Higgins they will all take pressure off each other. Also their ability to run on the ball will add some speed and creativity that we sometimes lack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back