List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Pav was 'only' 192 but had a playing weight of 99/100 kg. Massive frame, he'd still be a genuine key forward.
Difference is his absolute best footy might be in defence instead (sort of Hodge like roaming half back and initiating attacks, pushing up into stoppages etc.)

FWIW Cripps as a RFA only, no 1st rounders to trade to CARLTON. Put a monster deal in front of him.

2 scenarios
1) is a top 4 finish in 2021/ 2022 is the only way I would reluctantly give two first round pick scenario eventuate ...

2) Carlton finish bottom 4 in 2021

so like I said .RFA or leave him at the blues.

No matter what. Blues will always match the offer.

This will be a Trade Scenario,unless Blues get a decent compo back.
Blues don't make finals - he leaves

There is no way Cripps ends up at Freo without a trade unless the Blues finish bottom 4 and we win a final meaning the top 5 compo is better than our two firsts. As good as that would be it is unlikely, especially them finishing bottom 4.
We might be forced into a trade on top of carlton accepting compensation. Carlton get a first round comp pick. We trade a player like Tucker for a swap of second rounders. Values Tucker as a late 3rd rounder, which we all know he is not.

We might be forced into a trade on top of carlton accepting compensation. Carlton get a first round comp pick. We trade a player like Tucker for a swap of second rounders. Values Tucker as a late 3rd rounder, which we all know he is not.
Highly doubt that.

Well, I highly doubt he comes at all but I especially doubt it happens that way.

I agree with you both.

But I think there is some cosmic karma for the big contracts Carlton have thrown in front of players like Martin, Saad, Williams coming for them and I think it would be hilarious to offer $1,500,000 for two years to Cripps with Carlton unable to match due to existing salary cap commitments for 2022 and 2023, especially if they've had a lot of players push their salary cut into 2022 already.

If the dogs, demons and blues all miss finals next season there could some interesting free agents on the market: Bontempelli, Petracca and Cripps.

I agree with you both.

But I think there is some cosmic karma for the big contracts Carlton have thrown in front of players like Martin, Saad, Williams coming for them and I think it would be hilarious to offer $1,500,000 for two years to Cripps with Carlton unable to match due to existing salary cap commitments for 2022 and 2023, especially if they've had a lot of players push their salary cut into 2022 already.

If the dogs, demons and blues all miss finals next season there could some interesting free agents on the market: Bontempelli, Petracca and Cripps.
Yeah but that's my point, Cripps just isn't going to agree to deal that ****s Carlton over. He's not moving for a 2 year deal.

If we offer some ridiculous contract that they genuinely can't match then sure, but that would be just dumb by us anyway.

I honestly don't want. Feels primed to blow up in our face. Would be 27 before playing for us and must be the most beaten up 27yo of all time being their only good inside mid for a decade.

Looks like a damn good player. Can see wce picking him up for free they have no problem with players involved in domestic abuse ala Ryan.
His sentencing hearing is a week prior to the draft but the day after delisted free agency finishes.

So maybe the last rookie they pick, if he isn't playing for Woorooloo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Farmer - at 191cm I doubt back up ruck, but agree with RR, and 3rd tall.
  • Michael - at 188cm I’d have to disagree, he wouldn’t be a backup ruck. RR and third tall as per Polly. 188cm is Chris Mayne, Matt de Boer height. Brennan Cox is 194cm, and I’m pretty sure it’s fair to say, most of us here think he’s way undersized to be backup ruck, which thankfully he no longer needs to be.
  • Pavlich - agree, but he was much better as a forward, so maybe 3rd tall rotating through the middle.
  • McPharlin - checked on 3 different sites - all say 192cm, so imo short for CHB now. Such a good shut down defender, but also great intercept mark. Maybe go to the 3rd tall with licence to run off? He could be quite creative and accurate, even with his strange kicking action.
But strange to see Pav, Elvis, Mundy, Bont all 192cm, we played Alex Silvagni as a KPD at 191cm, Fyfe and Micky Barlow are 190cm. We had a monster midfield that other clubs were trying to emulate in the 2011-2016 era (except Lachie Neale at 177cm). It was around that time that the term ‘big-bodied midfielders’ became a general part of the footy vernacular.
Now Cripps, who would have probably been a ruck in the ‘80s, is a mid. Evolution, eh?
I remember one of ruckmen in the relatively modern era as Daniel Gilmore who was/is 191 cm tall.

• Farmer - at 191cm I doubt back up ruck, but agree with RR, and 3rd tall.
  • Michael - at 188cm I’d have to disagree, he wouldn’t be a backup ruck. RR and third tall as per Polly. 188cm is Chris Mayne, Matt de Boer height. Brennan Cox is 194cm, and I’m pretty sure it’s fair to say, most of us here think he’s way undersized to be backup ruck, which thankfully he no longer needs to be.
  • Pavlich - agree, but he was much better as a forward, so maybe 3rd tall rotating through the middle.
  • McPharlin - checked on 3 different sites - all say 192cm, so imo short for CHB now. Such a good shut down defender, but also great intercept mark. Maybe go to the 3rd tall with licence to run off? He could be quite creative and accurate, even with his strange kicking action.
But strange to see Pav, Elvis, Mundy, Bont all 192cm, we played Alex Silvagni as a KPD at 191cm, Fyfe and Micky Barlow are 190cm. We had a monster midfield that other clubs were trying to emulate in the 2011-2016 era (except Lachie Neale at 177cm). It was around that time that the term ‘big-bodied midfielders’ became a general part of the footy vernacular.
Now Cripps, who would have probably been a ruck in the ‘80s, is a mid. Evolution, eh?
yeah, and you can see the new breed of key talls moving towards the 2m mark. Why I want Cox and/or Neale and not primarily for their rucking skills

Tom Langdon has had to retire at 26

The Legendary Shane Parker was only 187cm, 1cm taller than Luke Ryan.

Ryan again showing this year that KPD isn't all about height but neither of them would be getting drafted with that in mind now days.

Dodged a massive bullet there.

We tried to recruit him 9 games ago.

Wasn't a degenerative knee issue the same thing that forced JLo to retire?

Arguably could have been the difference in 2013, exactly the player we needed. He could be the coach of the club he helped to a flag with three goals and lots of contests against Brian Lake.

We were missing Jono Griffin, Kepler Bradley - all what could have beens

I remember one of ruckmen in the relatively modern era as Daniel Gilmore who was/is 191 cm tall.
Oh gawd.

Ron Boucher, the greatest ruckman of the modern era was only 192cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back