Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobes mentioned possibly playing 2 ruckman. I think it will be a little more subtle that just plonking one as a stay at home forward. I see Goldy floating forward and dragging the opp ruck with him or at least creating confusion with defensive assignments while Xerri floats up the field as the ruck cover.

That's where Goldy becomes dangerous, when he can cover ground and get in dangerous spots.

I can see us playing an early 70’s Ajax style “total football” time. Apart from a few a couple of stoppers in defence and a key forward, everyone will be somewhat flexible.

I can see us playing an early 70’s Ajax style “total football” time. Apart from a few a couple of stoppers in defence and a key forward, everyone will be somewhat flexible.
sounds like a silimar game style to what bris does now. Usually play 2 rucks and 1 plays forward and rotates in the position.

Noble said he liked some of the ball movement from the games he watched. They must have burned 2020 tapes and gave him other years.
Maybe he liked what he saw when we actually hit a target? We got into good spots but more often than not it was our skills that killed the ball movement.

Only a small small thing, but the 1 percenters count. After every question he mentions the person who asked it by name. And if he wasn't sure he asked who it was. This bloke knows how to make people feel included and get people to buy in. Whether he knows how to coach a senior AFL football team or not remains to be seen, but he knows how to lead people.

Noble has said everything right so far. He seems to project a process-driven approach. So far so good.

However, as much as it pains me to say, I'm with Snake on this...talking doesn't mean a lot... we'll only know what Noble is likely to bring when we start training and playing.

Noble has said everything right so far. He seems to project a process-driven approach. So far so good.

However, as much as it pains me to say, I'm with Snake on this...talking doesn't mean a lot... we'll only know what Noble is likely to bring when we start training and playing.

So in other words, unless we got Clarko or Simmo, we should bitch and whine about whoever we picked because in the last week of November, the coach hasn't yet demonstrated his game plan, and all that he's done so far is talk.

Who will be our Cruyff?

Sure, talking doesn't mean a lot and we all have to wait and see. But surely you can see that doesn't justify complaining about it endlessly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in other words, unless we got Clarko or Simmo, we should b*tch and whine about whoever we picked because in the last week of November, the coach hasn't yet demonstrated his game plan, and all that he's done so far is talk.
To play devil's advocate; how many Premierships have we won since he took the job last Thursday?

So in other words, unless we got Clarko or Simmo, we should b*tch and whine about whoever we picked because in the last week of November, the coach hasn't yet demonstrated his game plan, and all that he's done so far is talk.

Come on Mastermind. I said so far so good. He is saying everything right... I've listened to most of his interviews so far and he really is saying all the right things. I wasn't moaning at all.

In my own non-footy experience of working with and as a manager, what managers say is frequently far from how things are implemented.

Last edited:
Only a small small thing, but the 1 percenters count. After every question he mentions the person who asked it by name. And if he wasn't sure he asked who it was.
Yep I thought the exact same thing. Not sure this is fair or true, but some felt Brad didn't really communicate well with the group outside the top 10 or so.

You get the feeling Noble will really focus on developing all relationships based on wanting to get member names rights in Q and As.

Yep I thought the exact same thing. Not sure this is fair or true, but some felt Brad didn't really communicate well with the group outside the top 10 or so.

You get the feeling Noble will really focus on developing all relationships based on wanting to get member names rights in Q and As.

In my limited experience in leadership, it's important that you make the person you are talking to feel like that they're the most important person in the organisation at any given time. My area of employment is in education. So when someone comes to me about how we need a better brand of whiteboard erasers, it may be trivial or even wrong to me, but to the person who made the effort to come over and knock on my door, it's important to them and they want to be heard. Likewise, to the person who took the time to think of a question to the NMFC senior coach, send it in, and watch, that he uses your name feels right.

Like I said, it means nothing if he simply can't coach, but it's a nice touch. Way better than "Yeah, nah. We were expecting an ambush and we go ambushed. But we know what the problem is and it's an easy fix."

I like to quote movies and "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" mightn't have much to do with AFL footy but..

Tom Hanks: Do you know what the most important thing in the world to me at the moment is?
Matthew Rhys: No
Tom Hanks: Talking to you.

Sure, talking doesn't mean a lot and we all have to wait and see. But surely you can see that doesn't justify complaining about it endlessly.

I don't think I complained about anything...I said he is saying things well and I made a comment on what seems to be the basic process of his management style. I said so far so good.

Come on Mastermind. I said so far so good. He is saying everything right... I've listened to most of his interviews so far and he really is saying all the right things. I wasn't moaning at all.
I see what you mean. But saying 'Im with snake on this one' triggered lots of posters PTSD.

What do we think \of this two rucks business? He's mentioned it plenty now.

Is he thinking Xerri/ Goldi ;
  • Get the support for the young guys up forward as Goldy will draw the number 1 defender most times.
  • Can pump more games into Xerri - critical
  • Walker swing man to fill the gaps forward and back

If that's what hes thinking - could be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back