Competitions 2020 Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Be sure to watch as someone opts to not match bids in order to engage in a thought experiment.
JUH should automatically be a matched bid at 1-3 and the rest of the Phantom just continue as per order and same with Jones between 8-12
specially withe their teams traded out of any semblance of early picks.

Be interesting to see where the other academy kids get oicked though

Would like to get this started tomorrow at the latest.

Still 2 clubs available to select for - Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs.

Please let me know if you are keen to participate otherwise I will simply assign them to two existing participants who will have an extra club to pick for.

Jimmae if the spreadsheet is good to go, can you please send through a link and I will pin it to the OP and also to the top post of each page.

I'm trying to work out which one I should draft with my first pick...

1606708509980.png

Strong, quick, find space when surrounded by opponents. Plenty of X-factor.

1606708591086.png

Does his best work inside...

1606708620317.png

All class, can do things most others can't, powerful, smooth, looks a million bucks...

Feb 17, 2006
Terror Lake
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Isotopes

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Good luck with this thing, you guys, you might get the first selection done by December the tenth and... who knows, we might even get the full list completed by 2023! :grinv1:

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Would like to get this started tomorrow at the latest.

Still 2 clubs available to select for - Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs.

Please let me know if you are keen to participate otherwise I will simply assign them to two existing participants who will have an extra club to pick for.

Jimmae if the spreadsheet is good to go, can you please send through a link and I will pin it to the OP and also to the top post of each page.

Just start the phantom draft without Port and Bulldogs assigned.

They've both structured up their draft hand to match bids for JUH and Jones. Consequently, they won't have any live picks until the back end of the draft.

It's a formality they match those bids as they're holding back end picks.

Maybe someone selecting for a team like Gold Coast or Sydney who will be done very early in the draft can select for those teams as it won't compromise the selections for their current club.

Realistically, both Sydney and Gold Coast may be done with live picks come picks 3 and 5 respectively. Gold Coast were given free access to their academy players, whilst Sydney will most likely not require any further selections following any bid matched for their two academy players.

Just start the phantom draft without Port and Bulldogs assigned.

They've both structured up their draft hand to match bids for JUH and Jones. Consequently, they won't have any live picks until the back end of the draft.

It's a formality they match those bids as they're holding back end picks.

Maybe someone selecting for a team like Gold Coast or Sydney who will be done very early in the draft can select for those teams as it won't compromise the selections for their current club.

Realistically, both Sydney and Gold Coast may be done with live picks come picks 3 and 5 respectively. Gold Coast were given free access to their academy players, whilst Sydney will most likely not require any further selections following any bid matched for their two academy players.

Are you volunteering to take them on?

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Ok fair point. You've obviously got your own rankings and will select accordingly.

Reality is Sydney would have already committed to both Campbell and Gulden.

The only thing stopping Gulden from being at Sydney next week would be Dodoro going rambo with picks 6,7&8.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Jesus i thought my wife takes a long time to get going

Sydney is matching Campbell in the first 5 guaranteed and Gulden after 1st round 100%

Doggies have structured up the picks to have enough points from pick #1 and should be an automatic match

Port are the same with Jones and any pick after #4 is matched due to pints structure.

Blugazi

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Pick 1 – Logan McDonald
With Tex and Lynch getting on, the Crows could do with some more firepower up forward. Strong consideration was given to Thilthorpe, however he projects more as a ruck/forward. McDonald has demonstrated that he can be the focal point up forward. His performances against senior bodies are well documented, and should hold him in good stead playing AFL next season. Long-term the Crows will be hoping he can form a partnership with Fogarty and/or Himmelberg. In an uncertain draft, McDonald should at least be a serviceable player.

Coona Blues

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pick 1 – Logan McDonald
With Tex and Lynch getting on, the Crows could do with some more firepower up forward. Strong consideration was given to Thilthorpe, however he projects more as a ruck/forward. McDonald has demonstrated that he can be the focal point up forward. His performances against senior bodies are well documented, and should hold him in good stead playing AFL next season. Long-term the Crows will be hoping he can form a partnership with Fogarty and/or Himmelberg. In an uncertain draft, McDonald should at least be a serviceable player.

Coona Blues

Sound pick. The reverse Pav hopefully from the Crows Pov.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
So we are away. Been contemplating this for a while and with pick
2 - North Melbourne - Elijah Hollands

Rationale: Prior to his ACL was universally lauded as the no. 1 this year. His traits are well known. Explosive forward and developing midfielder. The full package, attacking weapon, aerialist, goal kicker, play maker, tackling machine. Other than spending more time in the midfield and of course his rehab physically, there is no flaw. The ultimate hybrid game breaker.

As for club needs, Nick Larkey has been slow burn, but a capable key target. Young forward ruck Charlie Comben held in very high esteem. Hollands teamed with mercurial medium/tall Curtis Taylor, the bull Zurhaar and a range of developing small/ medium types, creates an adequate, if not, tantalising mix.

Arr0w

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Will place a bid on JUH, perfect Buddy replacement

Eiffel 65 ?

The Western Bulldogs match Sydney's bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Rationale: The Bulldogs are in desperate for a KPF and will acquire a player who could arguably be the #1 of this years draft crop. His combine results were exceptional, showcasing elite speed and agility. Coupled with his exceptional vertical leap and strong overhead marking, JUH possesses all the tools to be one of the elite players of the competition.

Back to you Arr0w

Back