Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

OK, my attempt at a PlayStation trade. im assuming that rumors on Essendon being really keen on McDonald and NM wanting an extra top 10 pick are accurate.

Essendon picks 6,7 & 8
NM picks 2 & 12
Ade picks 1 & 9

becomes

Essendon picks 1 & 12 (possibly McDonald & O’Driscoll)
NM picks 7,8 & 9 (possibly Perkins, Bruhn & Cox/Reid)
Ade picks 2 & 6 (possibly Holland’s & Tillthorpe)
North have said today that they plan to take pick 2 to the draft now.

Been saying for a while we must bid on JUH and campbell.

Can't let the oppo get away with these kids for virtually nothing.
If they didn't match (never going to happen) we would be happy with either.

Yeah, but in the same article they say they want 2 top 10 picks to move 2. Sounds like Essendon would be the stumbling block, but getting McDonald might change that.
Theyre being reasonable then. I'd want a top 5 and another top 10.

Or all three of Essendon's picks for 2 and 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if it’s changed in 2-3 years what’s to stop it changing again?
It probably will change again, but it sure as s**t won't be going back in time to the heyday of the tall lead up forward unless there are massive rule changes

Just listened to the interview. Confirms what most of us thought:
-mature, intelligent,confident, willing to learn(says he he drove Fraser McInnes mad with all his questions at Perth this year)
-low flight risk, has had most of this year to mentally prepare for being drafted outside of WA,has lived in Vic,countryWA & Perth
- went to Aquinas College, big footy school that produced Fyfe, Yeo, Bell, Q.Lynch, Kerr,Charlie Cameron.LeCras + more
-thinks he's still growing(!)
-has played a lot in the midfield in younger days
If you get the time it's an enjoyable interview & being 30 odd minutes you get to know him better than the couple of brief ones I've heard.
Let's face it - I haven't heard DG-B interviewed, but LMcD, RT,WP & EH all come across as top, mature, impressive young lads. I think they all pass the character test - now let their footy skills do the talking.

Was it Tom Lynch (GC, now Rich) that was similar in regards to playing midfield before a massive growth spurt in the 24 months prior to the draft?

Kinda like a more athletic Sam Mitchell type?
No, Sam Mitchell was prolific is the number of disposals he got. Campbell until now just hasn't got near the ball as much. He hasn't been the best NSW player throughout his junior years.

Would anyone be disappointed with Campbell at 1 if Sydney didn't match? I'm not sure why he's not in the "fantastic five".

He looks so good, also sounds like a top human being also.
You don't take players like that when there are KPF available that are legitimately in pick 1 range. Campbell a very good looking prospect but he's not a big ball winner. Swans wouldn't match pick 1, not enough 2020 points and would ruin their 2021 draft as well.

Also be a big risk of go home after two years, been in their academy since he was 11/12 so he's red and white and Sydney city through and through. You don't potentially burn pick 1.

so all this talk leading towards McDonald pick 1? or the sneaky chance of hollands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back